Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Fentry posted:

200 down on Diaz at +350, gently caress everything I have faith

i request a photo of you burning that exact amount so i know you literally don't care about what normal people would consider a huge amount of money to bet on nick diaz beating anyone. especially gsp. god drat.

e:

Fentry posted:

For the record this is all money I've won from a 20 dollar deposit, most of it from betting on his brother. If I hadn't been robbed of a lot of money by the Gomi - Sanchez judging this would have been an even more ridiculous bet.

well that's more reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i've actually got cruickshank as a pretty solid bet, providing he wrestles. but that means putting your money on the line for daron cruickshank.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Fentry posted:

Here's the first evidence of me being dumb for tonight

sorry about your 200 dollars man. but god drat.

i won a cool parlay of gsp, hendricks, berger.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

canoshiz posted:

Any takers? :v:

that swedish guy is still a 'wrestler' so those odds are actually not too bad considering.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i'll probably place a tiny bet on mir as i think he's good as that much of an underdog, but i won't be picking cormier in any parlays. this fight is the most interesting on the card bet wise.

i've got josh thomson as the (more)solid underdog, i honestly think he will kick the poo poo out of nate's legs and give him a bit of a wrasslin. can't wait to be wrong ya'll!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i picked all 12

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

yeah you can imagine my anxiety when i'm watching benson henderson nearly lose a fight i honestly thought would have been incredibly one sided.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Have you considered seeing someone? Maybe some kind of brain doctor?

hahaha the mma betting thread always cheers me up

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i've got ponce de leon by points and guerrero to win outright.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MrSmokes posted:

Just had some money come in from a long term parley, it is all that remains in my 5dimes account. All of it is going on the Wide Man. I got a really good feeling that he is finally gonna be the one to take out Silva.

pfft this is how you waste money

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

canoshiz posted:

I put 10 on that just now. Neato. I also put 10 on Ellenberger vs Rory and 20 on Weidman in the rematch :getin:

Who'd you take in burger / Rory? I put a little on burger because the odds were good and I can see a ko in the first although Rory will probably win.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i've got a carmouche, lawler, mm parlay to basically double my money and it seems pretty safe to me.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MrSmokes posted:

Here's what I have so far for next weekend:

$10.00 $6.90 Pending 8/3/13 10:00pm Props Fighting 1405 Lineker wins inside distance -145* vs Not Lineker inside distance
$13.19 $8.24 Pending 8/3/13 11:30pm Props Fighting 1041 Aldo wins by TKO/KO -160* vs Any other result

Not seeing anything else at the moment that looks particularly enticing. I may just stick with what I have here.

e: added a parlay, last bet I'm doing.

$10.00 $14.78 Pending 5 Team Parlay
Pending 8/3/13 11:59pm UFC Fighting 1002 Jose Aldo -750* vs Chan Sung Jung
Pending 8/3/13 11:30pm UFC Fighting 1102 Lyoto Machida -360* vs Phil Davis
Pending 8/3/13 10:00pm UFC Fighting 1401 John Lineker -420* vs Jose Tome
Pending 8/3/13 8:00pm UFC Fighting 1802 Ian McCall -410* vs Iliarde Santos
Pending 8/3/13 7:30pm UFC Fighting 1902 Rani Yahya -900* vs Josh Clopton

That parlay solid I'll be doing something similar. As well as money on tkz by ko because I have an innate need to lose.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i'm taking brown in my parlay because he's my main man, but also because pyle has looked slightly more vulnerable on his road to this fight that shouldn't be happening.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MrSmokes posted:

There's a lot of good fights happening in the coming weeks, and I can't wait to see how well people end up doing by the end of it all. Here is what I have so far.

$10.00 to win $6.90: Okami/Souza goes 3 round distance -145* vs Fight won't go 3 round distance
$10.00 to win $7.69: Brandon Vera -130* vs Ben Rothwell
$19.00 to win $7.04: Floyd Mayweather Jr -270* vs Saul Alvarez

I think Okami/Souza's gonna be full of bad kickboxing and cage clinching, so that fight going the distance at -145 seems like a pretty good line. As for Vera/Rothwell I just think Vera is straight up better than Rothwell, who's really lucky to be in the UFC still. Finally, I had to put some money on Money since that's the lowest I've seen him as a favorite and I think he'll make his opponent look silly once again.

that's some great money for floyd. i'm on board that train.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

turntabler posted:

I want to back Kampmann

this is the least likely outcome of the night. condit is going to make it look really, really easy.

i've got hiyoki / cerrone / condit parlay and feeling pretty good about it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MacDeuce posted:

Hioki's getting wrestled.

clay guida barely loving eeked out a wrestly decision. elkins is not as good as clay guida imo and hioki's been training specifically for wrestlers for two fights now. he got this.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Hioki has all the talent in the world but good God that is a man you should not ever trust with your money. He has all the talent in the world but he has a critical inability to adjust mid fight and sometimes will just fight the stupidest possible fight for no reason whatsoever. Watch his fight with Kim Jong Man to see just how badly he can poo poo the bed against the ultimate gimme opponents.

You raise a good point but I don't think elkins will have a game plan that will necessitate hioki adjusting mid fight. I believe some glory is overdue to the land of the rising sun

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

attackmole posted:

All I have on tonight is a twelve fight one dollar lottery. Aside from the no contest, I've hit the other six so far (i think the no contest doesnt count as a loss) . Crossing my finger on the next five.

Mizugaki
Whittaker
Kelvin
Cowboy
Condit

At my bookies an nc voids the parlay :(

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i got poirier, chad money and bendo in a three fight parlay and not feeling good about it along with a 12 fight hail mary featuring me placing money on a jamie varner victory. today is a particularly lovely day for gambling.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

does anyone have any idea why the line with poirier's so good?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MrSmokes posted:

hahaha

Added one more bet on Tibau, $13.09 to win $11.90

you may as well have done 'ko / submission in round 1' for more money

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Fentry posted:

Down to just needing Pettis to win on a 5 fight parlay of Tibau, Poirier, Rothwell, Barnett, and Pettis. 5 for 120. So Henderson is now a lock, get your picks in while you still can

you had a 5 fight parlay correctly picking 2 heavyweight fights. that's more impressive than my 12 fight parlay win. bravo.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Max Awfuls posted:

The Okami-Souza fight is too close for comfort,

that's why a gambling man takes okami at 2to1

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

syxxcowz posted:

Khabib Nurmagomedov -245
Pat Healy +205

Dustin Kimura -165
Mitch Gagnon +145

Gagnon and Healy look like good "upsets" to me

i've got 50 on healy. those odds are just ridiculous. what he did to jim miller still has me waking up in the middle of the night sweating.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

outy posted:

Underdogs are more fun!

I understand Kim but Paul Harris and hammil? Goonspeed good sir

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Grats outy, good night for you

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MrSmokes posted:

Put a little on Shields just to have some action and 'cause I like the odds. $6.68 to win $19.71

Congratulations!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MrSmokes posted:

Got $11.39 to win $13.10 on Tim Bradley tomorrow, and $15.00 to win $8.57 on Cormier beating Nelson by decision. Will post more bets as more odds are released.

if that isn't a typo those are terrible odds for bradley. got 30 on him to win by points at 2.87

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MrSmokes posted:

I bet on Bradley to simply win at +115, not by points. I don't know if the odds were way better earlier, hadn't been following the line. I might drop some more money on him to win on points now that you mention it.

e: added Bradley winning by decision, $15.00 to win $27.75.

Wow I wonder if the Australian bookies know something they got Bradley as the definitive underdog

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

fatherdog posted:

They know that Australians aren't very good at betting.

Ain't that the loving truth

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MrSmokes posted:

Hell yeah Marching Powder, we bet on boxing and won. I just wish I had put it all on Bradley winning on points. Oh well.

Yeah man heart was racing at the cards but I can't believe the money the bookies were giving me for bradley on points. They'll get it all back from me next weekend but hey sun's shining

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i came up on a boetsch / gil / dodson parlay but i feel i robbed the bookies when boetsch won. whatever. they'll get me back next time.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

got $10 on a lineker, iaquinta, guillard and *record scratch* ryan jimmo parlay to win 80something dollars. let the good times roll.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

outy posted:

That Jimmo bet might be shaky, Manuwa is no joke. 13 wins, 12 by KO, and he's never seen a 3rd round.
He's obviously hosed as soon as he gets matched with a half-decent wrassler, but I don't think Jimmo is that guy.

i agree with you on all counts, but jimmo showed me last time that he's not above putting on a shitshow to convincingly win, the betting dude in me likes that. really though i think he's pretty good as an underdog and dragged my parlay percentages up.

counterpoint, betting on a machida fight is hosed up, but with your results last time, i'll just shut up

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

If Jimmo does his unwatchable MFC karate man stuff he's going to get his brains knocked out

in that case i win either way

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

attackmole posted:

Broke even with the money I made on betting against Sakara.

does sweeter money exist?

turntabler posted:

I bet $200 on machida to win by KO and got $454, and $50 on a parlay of Lineker and Manuwa to both win by KO and got $177.

Rent is getting paid this week.

hahaha you're either really wealthy or really lucky, either way, you should post often in this thread

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

C'est la vie

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

there's some value in linneker as the underdog, but betting against someone from dagestan...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bundt Cake posted:

duck - duck - goose

hahaha

got a good deal with my betting site. 4 fight parlay; money back if you only lose 1 leg.