Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mighty Mouse and Stann paid off for me tonight, Nelson sucked me in with the hype in the threads and Alves poo poo the bed, fuckkkk. Rampage better come through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bundt Cake posted:

You should watch Nunes fights again if you haven't. He doesn't have a lot of power, and mostly relies on narrowly outpointing guys in the striking in the second two rounds. Unless Kenny's cut is unbelievably bad, Nunes is going to be in the deepest water he's been in his entire career on every front.

This, kenny is incredibly sharp in the stand up and I'd be very surprised if he couldn't keep it on the feet. He loves using his Jits off rocking opponents too. Florian all the way in this one.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Anyone know the preliminary lines for Okami v Silva. I can't imagine Okami being anywhere near a favourite despite him possibly having the only real chance of anyone at middle weight of beating Anderson.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ForbiddenWonder posted:

Okami is +400/Silva -500 at my book.

That's worth a 10 flutter imo so long as okami comes out amped he's a bit of a slow starter and I could see him getting his face kicked in like vitor if he stands off too long. If he comes out sonnen style it'll be interesting

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm more partial to my avatar than I am to money.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hugging and knee shots to the groin against strikers seems to be Kongo's forte.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MrSmokes posted:

I'm avoiding the co-main as well, and Cerrone/Aloe Vera, except for a $1 hail mary parley that covers nearly the entire card. I like Jim Miller and Cowboy winning, but not enough to bet any more than that on them.

Jim Hettes is apparently a very good prospect. All eight of his wins have come by submission, and all of Caceres's losses are by submission and he sucks. Bet on Hettes.

This.

Caraceres is very inexperienced and doesn't have any kind of real grounded base, he's going to lose.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MassRayPer posted:

I too won lunch money bets, for me on Lytle and Cerrone. I then put even smaller lunch money bets on Okami and Forrest.

I managed to hedge bets on okami Silva through a couple of private wagers. Really like his chances after spending so much time with chael. Then again he's traditionally a slow starter which might not bode well against Silva

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Gomi has let me down twice now, can't believe how easily diaz went through him.

Money on Maynard, Aldo, Sonnen and Guillard might be the ticket for this weekend.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Remora posted:

If MoneyMMA holds true, you're going to be a sad man come Saturday night.

Meh, I'm still flush from my Mark Hunt cash.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Gomi has let me down twice now, can't believe how easily diaz went through him.

Money on Maynard, Aldo, Sonnen and Guillard might be the ticket for this weekend.

gently caress guillard's dumb poo poo

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bundt Cake posted:

Its not, really. He could get Forrest down and hammer his face enough to steal rounds, but hes got the worst spine in the world and can't get Forrest down reliably and even if he does, Forrest swept him in the last fight and wound up getting the better of things, and as far as standing, neither guy is likely to put the other one out but Forrest can move better and has way more solid kickboxing skills

Don't bet on this:

Agreed, the last time Tito took anyone down IIRC it was Forrest and that was a long while ago. I don't see Tito really worrying Forrest at all.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Steve Glutenberg posted:

It's cool when you hear phrases like "spinal fusion" and "minimally invasive" but a picture speaks a thousand words, and those words are all just onomatopoeic woodworking noises

From watching discovery channel I became convinced that most orthopaedic surgery in one way or another is pretty much carpentry / cabinet making with vastly more important outcomes.

I watched one doctor literally chisel away some bone from a chicks hip, and then put it in her wrist with a plate and some screws.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

So I decided to use $100.00 of my windfall betting money (i.e. the 10 dollars free betting money) I was given, that I've grown to 246.00 through wise betting over 12 months on the upcoming card.

Why? Because I'm a degenerate gambler.

So my bets:

Multi bet for head to head
1. Kim
2. Mendes
3. Tibau
4. Guillard

$5 bet for $15.90 outcome

-----

John Alessio to win over Shane Roller $5.00 for $12.35 possible outcome

-----

Multi bet (method of victory incl)

1. Sonnen on points
2. Griffin on points
3. Cote by KO

$10 bet for $218.50 outcome

-----

Chael Sonnen to win on points $10 bet for 45.10 outcome

-----

Forrest Griffin to win on points $5 for a $9.75 outcome

-----

Cote to get KOTN award $5 bet for $54.50 outcome

-----

$5 on Camoes to beat Guillard for $17.25 outcome

-----

$5 for Ortiz Griffin to go the distance $14.85 outcome

-----

$20.00 Multibet for $59.8 outcome

Griffin
Mendes
Cote
Philippou

-----

$30.00 on Chael to beat Silva for $94.2 outcome.

So yeah, should be a fun card to wave goodbye to free money.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grifter posted:

Where are you making bets like these? I'd like some of that action, but I've never bet on anything before.
sportsbet

Its an Aussie site

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ian McCall is opening as the underdog against benivedez McCall is 2.89

Doesn't seem like a terrible flutter considering benivedez hasn't looked good his last few fights.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

I know James Te Huna looked okay after that first round with Ryan Jimmo, and Glover Teixeira hasn't looked good since that first round with Fabio Maldonado, but a stoppage by Te Huna is a wild bet.

I think it's a fair assumption someone's getting knocked out. Come to think of it, Teixeira by submission isn't out of the question either. I can see Te Huna getting rocked and then choked out by Teixeira who isn't adverse to shooting a lovely take down.

Last week I picked 2/3 fights on a parlay got hosed by Vitor's head kick.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MacDeuce posted:

Cain
JDS
Glover Texeira
Gray Maynard
Donald Cerrone
Rick Story
Dennis Bermudez
Colton Smith
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Nan-Shon Burell
Brian Bowles
Jeremy Stephens

This is a multi I placed last night, didn't have the Smith fight involved though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Maynard ruined a 6 leg multi, and Tyson hosed me out of a direct bet for KOTN with JDS.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I made a swag of cash with a swanson, barboza, edgar and weidman parlay. Don't remember exact figures but :smug:

Now I need machida and aldo to smash their opponents and I'm good.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I lost 25 bucks because Machida got screwed. I had Leites, Machida and Aldo in a parlay.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm staying away from that one, they're both terrible fighters and Manny hasn't fought in a year.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Check it. I know 10 bux but what ever. Only fights I'm not sure of this time is Woodley possibly grinding out Condit and Story doing the same to Gatellum.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I won 50 off Brown. My other multi with Koch and wineland poo poo the bed pretty hard.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This is one of those instances where I feel him being such an underdog is justified. I like Krause and Dillashaw as underdogs for a flutter more.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

woo Tj

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

You know after winning $160 on the Weidman Machida card just by picking fights to go over/under round limits in multi-bets I'm starting to think that's the best way to go with a lot of toss up fights. I'm kind of sick of having my bets hosed by lovely judges or poor stoppages.

I had the brimage fight to go the distance, the rousey fight to end in round 1, faber to go under 2.5 rounds, the machida / weidman fight to go over 4.5 and faber to win by submission in two seperate bets (I can't remember exactly what) and it paid off really well. I only had a fiver on each parley too.

There's still going to be some gimme's like faber by submission in non-title fights, Erick Silva to either stop someone or get stopped, Rory to go to decision etc that I think are going to be easy money earners in the future. It seems book makers don't really stack the odds of someone getting stopped when they should.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I got ten bucks on lawlor, Thompson and Bermudez and a multi with all to go about 2.5 rounds (main 4.5).

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Ellenberger has struggled fighting guys with good footwork. He ends up reaching with his big punches and looking really bad when he can't find the guy. Kelvin moves his feet pretty well so I think it depends on how much Jake has improved in that department.

He also really struggles against guys who can fight long and kelvin is a southpaw with a good jab.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fabre is paying $2.00 to win by submission tomorrow. For those keeping score he's won 8 of his last 10 by submission.

Melendez is also paying $2.30 to get the most takedowns in his fight with Pettis.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

who are you betting with to get that line on melendez?

Sorry mate, just saw this now. It's with sportsbet they only have markets for like the top fight on prelims and the main/co-main.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Might just be as simple as Weidman coming off back to back knock outs facing a guy who's KO'd three people in 4 straight wins.

Weird though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im throwing money on tferg and woodley in a parley because the odds are so fuckin dumb.