Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
MMAjunkie.com has an eight-part guide about betting on MMA. I don't gamble (but I've always been interested in reading about MMA and football gambling/handicapping), so I can't really assess if it is quality information, but I thought it was a good read for someone who doesn't know much.

MMAjunkie used to have a writer, Eric Foster aka Performify, who would make picks before big events and whose columns I usually enjoyed. As far as I know, his last column was prior to UFC 121 where his one pick was betting 7 units on Lesnar at -140, so perhaps he died from shame. Does anyone know if he writes a similar column elsewhere, or of any other sites that currently feature similar columns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
My interest in the MMAjunkie/Performify columns wasn't about how correct he was in his gambling picks, but rather that he attempted to analyze the fights from a gambling perspective, rather than just simply making a pick as to who he thought would win. I know all MMA "journalism" is pretty terrible, but I'm just curious if there are any other sites that regularly analyze fights from a gambling perspective.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Just wanted to pop in and wish jase1 well.

I stopped following MMA probably 7 or 8 years ago, but I kept this thread bookmarked and check in on it regularly. On a Sunday morning when I'd know there was a big UFC event the previous night, I'll check out the results and jase's bets to see how it went. It has been a fun ride and jase has been a great main character for this thread. Best wishes to jase and family.