Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
How often do these arbitrage opportunities pop up and what's the best way to find/track them? Because drat if that doesn't look like free money.

(The answer is probably not very often and it's quite difficult because drat that is free money.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Subparr posted:

It's going to be just like Sonnen/Silva without the triangle. Believe it.
GSP, besides not getting triangled, will be way better at passing and doing actual damage with his GnP.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

This should be called "Don't Bet On MMA: The Hindsight Thread".

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

Paul Pot posted:

Posters unironically trying to credmine off the ole 'Bisping=bad, check out his double' meme is what this forum needs more of, so I'll stop this.
Do you have some sort of quota on popularizing this word? I've never seen it posted before and you posted it twice in two different threads in one day.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

BlindSite posted:

$5 for Ortiz Griffin to go the distance $14.85 outcome
Where are you making bets like these? I'd like some of that action, but I've never bet on anything before.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

jase1 posted:

Here is another one to laugh at.

Ticket#:11499864
Dec 15 09:35 PM
INTERNET / -1 Dec 15 09:22 PM
MU
STRAIGHT BET
[24159] P. BARRY +240
(P. BARRY vrs S. DEL ROSARIO)

10 / 24

Edit: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edit 2: Here is my last play.

Ticket#:11501239
Dec 15 10:55 PM
INTERNET / -1 Dec 15 10:35 PM
MU
STRAIGHT BET
[24151] M. MITRIONE +190
(M. MITRIONE vrs R. NELSON)

14 / 26
MMA giveth, and MMA taketh away.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I always want to bet on MMA but I'm always too worried about giving money to a shady website. I want to know the odds on Machida winning by decision because that's the way it's going to go down.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

l3ruce posted:

Does jens pulver still have ability to beat asians or is he really that bad now.
I wouldn't trust Jens Pulver with anything, but most especially your heart.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

Frank Mir has terrifically bad taste and isn't a great fighter, but I don't think he should be that far off in his odds vs. Cormier. Someone tell me how wrong I am.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

Thanks for the discussion guys. I'm still going to put some money on Mir because I think there's a possibility, but it's going to be in the area of :10bux:.

Edit: Confirmed - :10bux: on Mir, :10bux: on Bendo.

Grifter fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 20, 2013

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

Marching Powder posted:

pfft this is how you waste money

If I am reading this right, Demian Maia is almost as much of a favorite as Anderson Silva. I feel that something is wrong here somewhere.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I don't think you were mocked so much as regarded as a sort of perverse god.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

YESSSSS

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

Dropping $500 on 15 black is better value than Nick.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

First no TRT, now this? Vitor is doomed.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I have never done online sports betting because the sites seem too sketchy and I'm way too much of a nerd to know a bookie in real life. Aldo as an underdog really makes me want to take a shot though.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

jase1 posted:

Can anyone tell me how many times I have bet on robbie lawler in this thread? I swear I bet on him a couple of other times I remember him getting his leg almost kicked off and then he knocked some guy out and I bet on that fight and then I think I bet on him to KO someone but I cant find these in the threads so maybe I posted it in another gambling thread?
Apparently three times on Robby Lawler.

UFC 181, UFC 189, UFC 195.

And once on Tom Lawlor.

UFC 154,

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

JaySB posted:

Pretty sage advice to bet against the public on most things. I had a really good track record of looking for games where 80+% of the money was on one side and betting the opposite.
How do you determine that?

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I am beginning to worry about the livelihood of Jace's bookie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

Longtime reader, first time bettor. 20 bucks on Bisping by decision.