Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

I've got small bets on Iliarde Santos @ +300 and Jose Maria @ +350.
They're both experienced fighters, and betting on Brazilians fighting in Brazil isn't a terrible idea. Lineker couldn't make weight, so he's going to be a bit drained, and as much as I love Uncle Creepy (bought the shirt) he's under a lot of pressure now.

I expect to lose those bets, but I think the odds are a bit long so worthy of a punt.

Bigger bet on Thales Leites. Tom Kong is a journeyman at best, his wrestling is not bad by UK standards but that means it's internationally poo poo. I think this might be a bit one-sided, -130 on Thales was too tempting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Anthony Pettis @ 2.00
£17.50 Single

Darren Elkins @ 2.10
£17.50 Single

Jason High @ 1.80
£17.50 Single

Zak Cummings @ 1.80
£17.50 Single

Parlays are way too irritating.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

3 for 3 tonight, so I've stuck £20 to win £32.50 on Condit/Kampit not going the distance.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Lost on Healey and Meathead, but ended up turning a profit due to Wilson Reis being a slight dog, and shamefully made money on Jones to win by decision (+333).

outy
Aug 27, 2004

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Underdogs are more fun!

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Kim can grind out a win if he doesn't get flurried in the first minute, Maldonado should be able to outbox Beltran.
Hamill won't win, but those odds plus Silva missing weight, being unable to make a subsequent cut and tending to gas on the walk-in makes it a fair wager.

Toquinho is good value here. Welter is good for him, he's going to be strong as gently caress. I also think his obvious insanity and ability to end a career with one twist will play heavily on any opponent's mind.

I don't bet on underdogs because I think they'll win, rather that they've got a chance of winning slightly greater than the odds on offer.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

Grats outy, good night for you

Dodged a few bullets, good result all in all. Having said that, if Hamill wasn't dumber than Silva (a feat that I thought was impossible), I would have banked an extra £220.

outy fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Oct 10, 2013

outy
Aug 27, 2004

I've taken Gonzaga and TJ Waldburger as underdogs, and a double on Noons/Lombard winning.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

I got nervous about Waldo, so put a sneaky treble on before the prelims which covered it and gave me a little profit.

Kyoji Horiguchi @ 1.61
Adlan Amagov @ 1.53
Andre Fili @ 1.45

Trebles, 1 bet * £7.34
return: £26.4

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Got my Noons/Lombard double. Just Napao to go,

outy
Aug 27, 2004

That Jimmo bet might be shaky, Manuwa is no joke. 13 wins, 12 by KO, and he's never seen a 3rd round.
He's obviously hosed as soon as he gets matched with a half-decent wrassler, but I don't think Jimmo is that guy.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Having said all that, I might be betting on Munoz, so what do I know :)
I'm going to watch the weigh-ins and make a decision.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Machida looks good at 185, didn't fancy betting against him. I finally decided on:

Melvin Guillard @ 1.66
Jimi Manuwa @ 1.58
Double £20.00 to win £32.94

Lyoto Machida by KO, TKO or Disqualification @ 2.10
Single £15.00 to win £16.50

Piotr Hallmann @ 2.20
Single £15.00 to win £18

outy
Aug 27, 2004

The bookies gave me the Manuwa win out of my double due to the Pearson/Guillard NC. With Machida doing the business I made £13 from a £50 stake. Obviously better than losing, but not a good percentage return.

outy fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 27, 2013

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Yeah, I'd be tempted to back Phillipou at those odds. He went 5 straight before succumbing to the unstoppable Carmont. I still expect Rockhold to anonymously score a win, but it's worth a little punt.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

MrSmokes posted:

Brenneman at -170 is the best bet on the card, bet the house on him. I've watched tape on his opponent Beneil Dairush and he really doesn't look all that great. Undefeated at 6-0, but has only fought one guy with a winning record, and that guy was 3-2. I think Brenneman's just way too much for him, especially now that he's dropped to his proper weight class, and I don't get why the line's as close as it is.

I don't blame you because I lost money on this fight. I'm a big boy, I can make my own decisions. I'm just going to call you a oval office and leave it at that.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Due to the way he won both fights, I reckon there's still money to be made on Weidman.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

turntabler posted:

So apparently the deal was I that I have to turn over my $200 free bet 3 times before cashing it out, and I just cashed out some of my existing money I had in the account. So now I have about $390 I need to turn over twice more before I can get my filthy hands on it. Add to this I have been laid off from my high paying job that allowed me to make retarded MMA bets on the reg.

Is anyone putting bets on for tomorrow? My site has Cerrone at +147 which I'm considering.

Are you sure? He's -200 everywhere I can find. His opponent is about +150.
If you've not hosed up, then your bookie has, so bet your savings on Cowboy and lay it off somewhere else for a win-win.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

http://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma/adriano-martins-v-donald-cerrone/winner

outy
Aug 27, 2004

turntabler posted:

$785.84.... It was from a $200 free bet that I had to turn over 3 times before I can withdraw it.

One to go.

$780 win or $780 return for a $400 win?
What's your last bet going to be?

outy
Aug 27, 2004

By the way, if you still have $200 to bet before you can withdraw, put 40 x $5 bets on a bunch of soccer games. Just bet on the home win, you'll win a few and lose a few but maximise your return for a reduced risk.
Alternatively, put everything on a Rousey/DC double.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

turntabler posted:

I have $780 total. My first bet was 200 and the next was 390. So I'm gonna read the fine print as to whether I just have to turn over the initial stake 3 times or the total winnings 3 times....

It'll be the initial stake x3 (or at the most, the stake + the bonus x3). Sometimes there is a stipulation that all the bets should be above a certain odds to stop you just betting on a 50/1 on shot (-5000).

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Yeah, go for it. DC is -1200ish to win, so those odds seem generous.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

turntabler posted:

My betting site has shields at +257 vs Lombard. Considering a strong play on that. Anyone else betting this weekend?

Shields is a good bet at those odds. He's a bit longer on my site, so I'll have a bit of that. Considering parlaying with Woodley and Lawler for the night of upsets.
25 gets you 800, seems fair.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Rumble is coming in as a decent dog against Phil Davis. Worth a couple of coins at +175

outy
Aug 27, 2004

I think Johnson is pretty formidable at 205, very aggressive and hits like a truck. He's in zero danger of getting KO'd here, and while I think Davis is right to be favourite, the odds are generous.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Foul Fowl posted:

What's the line on Davis? Rumble shouldn't be anywhere near that high.

-225 for Davis (4/9 on in old money).

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Fozzy The Bear posted:

So post how much you bet on him so that we can laugh at you after.

Why would anyone want to laugh at the misfortune of others? Unless their own lives were so full of failure that a glimpse of someone else's sadness is the only thing that brings them any happiness.

I might make a bet, but if I do then I hope I lose it and bring a glimmer of light into your dark life.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Glover Teixeira @ 5.00
£7.00
Return £0.00

Tim Boetsch @ 7.00
£5.00
Return £0.00

Anthony Johnson @ 2.80
£23.00
Return £64.40

I like rooting for the little guy :)

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Triticum Guzzler posted:

so you bet on anthony johnson, naturally

He's a mental midget.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Fozzy The Bear posted:

If you post your bets AFTER the event, it doesn't count.

Don't be so upset, it makes me feel sad too.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

I'm liking King Mo coming in as an underdog against Rampage (+185).

outy
Aug 27, 2004

While Mo isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is, he won't have to look through too many fight tapes to see how to beat Rampage. The Bader fight was a step-by-step instructional.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

I have also placed thirty English pounds on Matt "I'm mortal" Brown. With a consensus like this, it's quite literally IMPOSSIBLE for him to lose.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Got a nice matching bonus at a new bookie, so I put £25 on King Mo to wrestlefuck Rampage, returns £162.50.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

fatherdog posted:

King Mo moved his training camp to ATT to train with Texeira, Rampage moved his training camp next door to train with Mayhem.

This was genuinely the trigger for me. Rampage is going to gas on the walk-in.
And the "wrestlefucking" was an optimistic prediction, not a stipulation of the bet.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Lloyd Boner posted:

I kinda wanna bet on tito, it feels like the right thing to do

Stats:
Tito has fought 9 times since 2007, winning only once (and that was against Bader so doesn't count). He's also had his entire skeleton replaced twice.
Shlemenko has gone 28-2 in the same time frame, and while he's a bit undersized for LHW, Tito's not likely to be able to bully him.

The bookies have Shlemenko as a 5-1 on favourite. If I was going to back a big underdog at the moment I'd be more inclined to lump money on Hendo, who is always quite literally one punch away from a win. Tito's likely to wilt the first time the Russian hits his body, which will be 40 seconds into round one.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

turntabler posted:

Rampage vs Mo is +225 not to go the distance, is that a 5 rounder?

nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outy
Aug 27, 2004

I feel robbed of my £25 I stuck on Mo, but blessed that I stuck the last £6.50 in my account on Tito when the odds dropped to 4-1. A grand total profit of one English pound, excellent investment.