Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Grifter posted:

How often do these arbitrage opportunities pop up and what's the best way to find/track them? Because drat if that doesn't look like free money.

(The answer is probably not very often and it's quite difficult because drat that is free money.)

Yeah not very often. I can only speak from the UK point of view but all the bookmakers are in contact with each other and follow very similar lines. The best chances are with newer bookmakers who offer a different line to tempt people in. Saying that, no matter how big or small the company, as a rule bookies are shady, and often they just won't let you put the bet on (or only will for some pointlessly small amount), or if the line is way out and everyone jumps on then they'll just void the bet.

I dunno if there's a US equivalent but for the UK oddschecker is a useful tool for tracking prices. So for example from this I can see that if I wanted to bet on Saul Alvarez to win by KO/TKO/DQ then sportingbet is by far the best price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Pacquaio will surely stop Mosley. Floyd nearly did and he didn't even want to. 4/5 (-125) within rounds 1-12, TKO 10/11 (-110), under 11 rounds evens (+100), loving hell even either fighter in 1-12 rounds at 8/13 (-162.50). It's ages away but the early bird catches the worm!

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I had a small bet on Mayweather to stop him at some stupid odds. It lost but it was worth a go - Nazim Richardson was in the corner talking about pulling him out around the 9th or 10th, and Floyd was just potshotting. I don't think Manny will be as kind.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I dunno if the US lines will be any similar but in the UK Pacquiao by decision is around 11/8 (+137.5), stoppage is actually the favourite

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I haven't got a bodog account, but from the looks of it what you see is what you get. The UK version is notoriously poo poo, I wouldn't recommend it.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Skybet, bet365, Paddy Power and William Hill are the main ones, it's much of a muchness really. This is useful for finding best odds http://www.oddschecker.com/other-sports/mma-ufc. To find best odds for a parlay click the little plus sign next to the bet you want and it'll add them all up in a separate window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Does Al Haymon count as God or Jesus?