Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/06/13/bettor-hits-on-all-12-ufc-131-fights-makes-51-547/

Bet on MMA :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Well, Nog got my hopes up but the rest of the fight ruined my stupid parlay. Don't bet on MMA, y'all

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

quote:

(6:07:58 PM) canoshiz: i just put down $10 on mccall

:negative:

edit:

quote:

[18:09] <canoshiz> i put 10 on kampmann at even odds
Thank you very much Thiago Alves :lol:

canoshiz fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 3, 2012

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Paul Pot posted:

at least TAM came through...lucky idiots that bet on MM&Kampmann :argh:

e: is there any chance of getting my mccall money back? on bodog you got your money back when the fight went to a draw (dunno about bet365) and the decision was never really reversed.
I got mine back. Bet on MMA yall. Send a message to customer service, that's what I did.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Condit opened up as a small underdog (+100ish) against Hendricks, which doesn't seem right to me. Braver people than myself, please bet it

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Got a bet on Okami and Hunt and a parlay of DHK/Okami/Stann going. Posting for future mockery.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Yushin Okami, thank you!

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Any takers? :v:

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

You should show off to some MMA journalism sites and get some e-fame. Lots of places wrote an article on it the last time that happened ($200 on a 12 fight parlay led to like $50k+)

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Biafraid posted:

Please also consider that McKenzie's guillotines probably land more often than Garcia's hooks

We are talking about Cody McKenzie's striking defense here. This is like the exact opposite of the unstoppable force vs. immovable object paradox.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

jase1 posted:

It's good to be back gentlemen laugh away.

Ticket#:14918142
Jun 15 11:25 PM
INTERNET / -1 Jun 15 11:17 PM
MU
STRAIGHT BET
[24106] R. NELSON -285
(S. MIOCIC vrs R. NELSON)

143 / 50

haha

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

xcore posted:

My betting agency is offering money on the following

Conor McGregor to win a UFC title by the end of 2014 @+450
Conor McGregor to win a UFC title by the end of 2016 @+800

That sounds like awful odds. If he gets a title shot by 2014 (and he would surely only get one) and it was against Jose Aldo, surely his odds in the fight would be at or above +450 anyway. It's crazy to think you are getting the same odds now when he has fought once in the UFC.

Wait, why does it pay out more if you think that he might win the title by 2016 as opposed to 2014? Better payout for more leniency? Like if he wins the title by the end of this year (lol) you'd win both bets anyway...

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

code:
Apr 02, 2013 10:58:00 PM	
Single #291205966

Mixed Martial Arts (Game) Moneyline

Both Must Fight For Action.

UFC 162 - Venu TBD 
UFC Middleweight Championship

(8801) Chris "All-American" Weidman +235 Jun 15/13@10:30p

Final Scores

Anderson "The Spider" Silva 0

Chris "All-American" Weidman 1

Outcome: Win

Date settled: Jul 06, 2013 11:33:13 PM

Web	US$ 10.00	US$ 23.50
Thanks Chris/Anderson :getin:

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

2 fat 4 my lambo posted:

anyone betting on coenen against cyborg? i haven't seen either of their recent fights, but she's +500 and has put on muscle since their last match, while cyborg's looking a bit leaner (probably due to getting blood-tested and/or dieting to eventually make 135)

I put 10 on that just now. Neato. I also put 10 on Ellenberger vs Rory and 20 on Weidman in the rematch :getin:

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

MrSmokes posted:

Pretty good start, Lineker won and my parlay is still going strong. I went ahead and dropped $11.90 to win $20.23 on Thales Leites winning inside the distance.

Welp :bravo:

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Mike Pyle isn't beating Matt Brown. :unsmigghh:

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Okami made me some money against Lombard. Yushin Okami, thank you

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

compton rear end terry posted:

Ryan Bader +295 cause gently caress it

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Unrelated to the card at hand but a friend of mine works at a bar that Anthony Johnson frequents in Florida and he let slip that Rashad's camp is going terribly so far, with a bunch of different dudes telling him different things and he's worried it won't be enough against Chael. Blackzilians, y'all... Although I probably wouldn't bet on that fight regardless.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

Every couple of months, if I have a semi-decent run of predictions under my belt, I get the idea that I should put down like :10bux: on a fight, or a parlay or whatever. I want to thank this thread for dissuading me of that thought with such hilarious evidence.

I just bet on Weidman both times against Silva. That ship has sailed though...

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Hooray for bored betting while waiting at the airport. Also for hype trains and severely underrated fighters

Single #331280670

Mixed Martial Arts (Game) Moneyline

Both must Fight for Action

UFC on Fox 10 - United Center - Chicago, Illinois

(2017) Alex "Bruce Leeroy" Caceres +170 Jan 25/14@04:30p

Final Scores

Sergio "The Phenom" Pettis 0

Alex "Bruce Leeroy" Caceres 1

Outcome: Win

Date settled: Jan 25, 2014 04:55:44 PM

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Lone Goat posted:

Is there anywhere that logs the odds for fights? I'm looking for the history of the "official" fight odds that UFC shows on the fighters' graphic (that shows name, weight, "fighting out of", etc).

Not sure about the "official" odds but http://bestfightodds.com/archive has a pretty good archive.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

On the other hand, if Shields mildly kickboxes Lombard away for 3 rounds much like Boetsch did, I would be very happy.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Hey so Matt Brown is +190 on some sites vs Erick Silva...

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Bet the rest of my balance ($27) on Matt Brown at +180. Why is he such a big underdog?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

-Atom- posted:

I hope you all gained a lot of confidence to later place more bets on Mixed Martial Arts

:woop: :siren: Matt Brown owns :siren: :woop:

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

masato tatanka posted:

Maybe !! Barao has never been taken down but Dillashaw is a div 1 wrestler. I doubt Barao will even go for the takedown, Wineland was able to stuff him pretty handily.

That's because Wineland was able to confuse him on the feet momentarily enough to persuade him to go for the lovely takedown. Although yeah I don't think Barao will be attempting to take Dillashaw down.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

I put 5 on Matt Brown. Also put 30 on Poirier (he's an underdog now after opening as a favorite)

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Oh also TJ Dillashaw is like -125 or something for the rematch so I put a few bucks on that as well.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

There's really not a lot of situations where I would bet on Matt Brown. If someone is capable and willing to stifle him either on the feet or on the ground, and aren't prone to giving that up and swinging, he's very much capable of losing. Love him and his fights but he will never get by people on his level who aren't afraid to eat a bad fight.

The Mike Swick-Erick Silva era of Matt Brown beatings were probably the best time to bet on him. Not sure if he'll ever get more favorable matchups of that nature again (or decent underdog odds) since he's cracked the top 5 of the WW division.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

:rip:

(not me)

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Some prop bets for yall tonight

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Lloyd Boner posted:

There is way too much money on Mendes for this to have a happy ending.

So who's making the "Duane Ludwig/Martin Kampmann is a stupid human being" video this time?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

I put money on Mendes inside the distance, Mendes/Lawler parlayed and another stupid parlay that is too dumb to mention in hindsight. lets go

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Le Saboteur posted:

Gambling on Cathal Pendred is not cool though.

Wait what the gently caress, Cathal is a favorite? I put Howard in my aforementioned dumb parlay but I don't think he was an underdog at the time...]

God Cathal Pendred sucks, he's already become r/mma top meme for being so lovely. That's how lovely he is.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Remember when Stephens got wrestled by Anthony Pettis?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

attackmole posted:

Annnnnnd there goes ten bucks I put on the undefeated Irish dude I never watched until today.

:getin:

Time for Mike Swick to break my heart (and my parlay)

edit: :rip:

canoshiz fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

:rip: