Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Depending on how Overeem/Werdum goes I'm not sure he'd be the favourite against Overeem should they find a way to sneak him back into the bracket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

I actually think Shields has a better chance than most people give him credit for but I can't root against GSP because I really want to see GSP-Silva.

Bet on shields then, that way whatever happens you win

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

gently caress betting on the favourites. Underdog bets are the only good bets.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Wait you can parlay fighter X winning with fighter X winning by a specific method(TKO, sub, dec)? How does that work, the first case includes the second one

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

Good God, Siver at +125 vs. Wiman seems like a gimme. Siver looked great vs. Sotiropoulos.

Of course, that would mean I would have to bet on Dennis Siver.

Doesn't Wiman have decent wrestling tho?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Why is mayhem the underdog

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

heres a pro tip always bet on the underdogs

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

you should bet like a thousand bucks, then you could be a billionaire

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Also Roy lost to arlovski and monson.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Do you even have a winning mma record?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Trick question: don't watch fights.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

What are the lines on it being a draw?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Big Bob Pataki posted:

i got everything but the main event right

always bet on mma, but never on a struve fight (to be anything but hilarious)

how much did you bet and what were the lines and how much did you win

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Marching Powder posted:

i picked all 12

Goddamn, now imagine if you'd have bet a hundred bucks ($18750)

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

jase1 posted:

I haven't seen the odds posted for that yet on the my bookies site. I don't even know when the fight is but if I see it and bet it I will let you know. Is it Anderson Silva? If it is then I am sure he will be a huge favorite and I might put 100 on the Weidman.

Imagine how dumb you'll look when Weidman wins and you only bet a hundred bucks. Go big or go home, dog.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

jase1 posted:

roulette from time to time but that is not a major part of my income

How can roulette be any part of your income unless you own the table, do you even maths?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

caiman posted:

Makes sense. So on average how common are upsets (I'm new to MMA too)? I would think if they didn't happen more than about every 1 in 5 fights, then a favorite-betting strategy would still be mildly profitable. But maybe they're more common than that?

If 1 in 5 favourites lost the lines would be set so you come about just under even from the other four favourites winning. It's like in roulette, theres red, black and zero, you double your money if you correctly bet on red, but slightly less than half the fields are red.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

outy posted:

Due to the way he won both fights, I reckon there's still money to be made on Weidman.

If through some impossible weirdness their next fight would be Wideman Silva 3 Weidman would be the underdog again probably.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Why even bet on favourites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Good job