Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

daita
May 22, 2013

CuddleChunks posted:

If you unplug and replug a live ethernet connection does the log fill with diagnostic info? That's what I would expect an interface log to show.

19:35:45 interface,info ether1 link down
19:35:47 interface,info ether1 link up (speed 100M, full duplex)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daita
May 22, 2013

1550NM posted:

Does anybody have anything bad to say about the RB1200, I'm considering if for a replacment gateway for a wireless network with 60 mbps pipe and anywhere from 10 to 90 users at peak.

Can't say much about the RB1200, but I can give you an idea of running more or less the same configuration with RB1100 (rOS 4.17) and I have no problem at all. CPU won't load more than 10% (cause I think the main difference between RB1100 and RB1200 is the cpu ?)
I am also using an RB493 (rOS 4.17) with 40 Users peak on 6x 24 Mbps ADSL Link, and it works fine as long as I take care of the users' database (wiping sessions and database rebuild) every week.

Anyone tried the last rOS 6.0 ? Are the CCR usable in prod environment ?

daita
May 22, 2013
have you tried with another ethernet cable ? :]