Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

I'm delving into the MikroTik world and I'm having a hell of a time with port forwarding. I followed the Anypony guide and although the forwarding works fine (I started with 80 and 443 to an SBS 2011 box and I can access it from the outside no problem) it kills any outgoing traffic to 80 and 443 from inside the network. I'm wondering if I screwed something up elsewhere in Winbox, or if I'm missing something. I'm running 5.5 on an RB750G (it had the same behavior before upgrading it to 5.5). Any help is appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

CuddleChunks posted:

Open up winbox, click on New Terminal on the left.
In the terminal window type: ip fire mang export

Right-click on the window and select "Copy All". Paste that into notepad, clean out any of the boring intro crap and paste the rules you wrote here. That should give us a clear idea of what your rules look like.

Here's all I got when I did that (I X'd out part of the ID since I'm not sure if that's a license key or not):

code:
[admin@MikroTik] > ip fire mang export
# jun/27/2011 02:21:41 by RouterOS 5.5
# software id = 36R3-XXXX
#

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

CuddleChunks posted:

:( oops, try: ip fir nat export

Here you go:

code:
/ip firewall nat
add action=masquerade chain=srcnat comment="default configuration" disabled=no out-interface=ether1-gateway
add action=dst-nat chain=dstnat disabled=no dst-port=3389 protocol=tcp to-addresses=10.10.1.16 to-ports=3389
add action=dst-nat chain=dstnat disabled=no dst-port=902 protocol=tcp to-addresses=10.10.1.245 to-ports=902
add action=dst-nat chain=dstnat disabled=no dst-port=443 protocol=tcp to-addresses=10.10.1.16 to-ports=443
add action=dst-nat chain=dstnat disabled=no dst-port=80 protocol=tcp to-addresses=10.10.1.16 to-ports=80

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

CuddleChunks posted:

Those rules NAT everything hitting the ports. You need one more condition for them to trigger selectively. In my case, I put in my static IP from the WAN side so my rule looks like this:

/ip firewall nat add action=dst-nat chain=dstnat comment="" \
disabled=no dst-address=XX.XX.XX.XX dst-port=80 protocol=tcp \
to-addresses=192.168.17.3 to-ports=80

I've bolded the dst-address field to make it stand out more.

Awesome, looks like that's all I needed. Thanks! :waycool:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Another fairly basic problem here:

I setup another 750G router with a static WAN address, and although the router can connect to the Internet fine (pinging 4.2.2.2 from Winbox responds) I can't get out with any other devices attached. I can ping the router fine, but nothing beyond it (cable modem IP, gateway, etc).

Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

I haven't changed any NAT rules, so whatever's there with a stock configuration is it (masquerade rule?)