Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Davis Cup semis this weekend, might be good. Canada are, sadly, going to get crushed facing Novak and the Serbians on clay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Anyone watching Davis Cup? Raonic/Janko is highly entertaining so far, it's in it's fifth set .

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I actually like both of these players a lot, but I really would like to see Canada somehow win this.

Second-serve ace at 40-30 for Raonic :getin:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ace, ace, ace, double, ace, yeah, that seems like how Raonic would end a match.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wager I'm the only one up at this hour to watch Raonic-DelPo live from Tokyo. Going to be a good match :getin:

(I'm really only up to watch the F1, I'm DVRing this until later, but I'm really hyped for this final)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
DelPo/Raonic was close, and very fun to watch. Always lousy when someone loses in straight sets despite being even on total points throughout the match, though. Despite the time difference, Japan's one of my favorite tour events.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Basel/Valencia/Paris are shaping up to be really fun :getin:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ahh, thought Tennis would have this live, but I guess the WTA year-end tournament would understandably take priority. Hoping for Fed here.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm happy for that, I'm all for :canada: after their great showing in the DC Semis. Raonic's match against Janko was one of my favorites of the year.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Finals for the start-of-year tournaments this weekend. Anyone up to make a 2014 thread, or is this one fine?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Buddy Holly posted:

I kind of want Nadal to get bageled by Murray on clay just so I can someday say "I was there"

I would be so happy if my least favorite player ever got bageled by my second least favorite player ever. I am not even kidding.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hate Ferrer, because he's Spanish, and seems to exist to knock out players I like in major tournaments, before rolling over for Nadal.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
well that was a really lovely WTFs.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Rio looks like a boring-rear end tournament and I'm mad that Tennis Channel are showing pretty much just that and Delray, and pretty much ignoring Marseille which looks really fun.

i'm not going to enjoy clay season btw

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nadal, Ferrer, and Federer winning titles on the same weekend means I am once again depressed at the state of modern tennis.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I just want people to charge the net and for all the doping Spainards to go away, Buddy Holly. I am sad about tennis.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Rafa "the fraud" Nadal is out, and by Milos, too. Good result.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Novak is a dope freak.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Imo tennis needs more players who don't know how to shut the hell up. Also fewer Spainards,

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Serena coverage is going to be nauseating. Good god.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Definitely not gluten, that's for sure.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
America loves a good plate of pasta which is why we can't compete with the eastern-European dope freaks. At least Spain seems to have shut down its doping program in the last year or so, judging by Rafa and the Spanish football team.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I stopped watching once Nadal got back on his "form". Sham sport.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Skipping the olympics. Hmm.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Up Circle posted:

why does all spanish men look somewhere between 40 and a healthy 70?

The legacies of state-sanctioned doping is loving up the Spanish genes.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dead sport. Ruined by doping Spaniards, sad to see.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

stranger danger posted:

Personally, I wouldn't give a poo poo about all the obvious doping in tennis if they'd only mix up the surfaces a bit (to stop favoring the dopers).

Agreed. Watched some mid-90s Tour Championship matches with Boris Becker the other day and I badly miss courts that were fast as hell.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nobody is watching that match because tennis is a dead sport ruined by Spanish and Serbian doping.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Is tennis still going on? They should cancel it. Dead sport.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

oliwan posted:

lol did nadal the dope fiend lose to a teenager?

He'd

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Probably fed up with all the dope cheats imo. Poor lad

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/nov/16/rafael-nadal-damages-over-french-minister-doping-claim

What a joke!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think my new life goal is to get Rafa to sue me for calling him a dope fraud too often.

• Locked thread