Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Bob
Apr 29, 2009

Scipiotik posted:

A friend had this and she was unable to do any sort of physical activity for a full 6 months (and she was a long distance runner). So that's 6 months of Serena getting way out of shape... I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't come back from this.

Yeah, I mean she might try to come back, but if she has to sit out another year on top of how much she has missed already, I can't imagine she being very effective. Sucks because I always liked to watch her play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Bob
Apr 29, 2009

Miko posted:

Amen.

'So now you're emasculated by the net machine' after the umpire said he thought Andy's serve was way over the net but called it anyways cause the machine beeped.

Good lord that is awesome, even though he is a pretty big rear end in a top hat sometimes, I really do like him.

For those of you who have it/have played it, how does Top Spin 4 compare to 3?

I am Bob
Apr 29, 2009
Federer is uh, well let's just say he is not looking so great.

I am Bob
Apr 29, 2009
Azarenka made that way closer than it should have been in the 2nd set, but she pulled it out. Sharapova played really bad for large stretches today.

I am Bob
Apr 29, 2009
Djokovic is on fire this year. Nice Match.

I am Bob
Apr 29, 2009
From Daniel Kaplan, reporter for the SportsBusiness Journal:

Sony ericsson open sets new attendance record of over 316,000, still trails BNP Paribas Open as largest non Slam based on attendance.

Nice to see lots of people going out to watch it, apparently they had over 300,000 last year as well.

I am Bob
Apr 29, 2009
Just read on Darren Rovell twitter account that this is the first time in 40 years that there is not an American in the top 10 in either the ATP or WTA rankings.

I am Bob
Apr 29, 2009
Yeah, new thread would be my suggestion if someone is willing to do that. Golf is handled the same way I believe. One main thread for the year and then when the majors come around a new thread is made.

I am Bob
Apr 29, 2009

swimgus posted:

Will Djokovic ever lose again? I thought it was an impressive streak in February, but now he's won 37 in a row, and it's getting ridiculous. He's got to be getting close to the record for wins in a row.

I haven't seen that much of him this year, but every time I've seen him, he's been dominating a really good player.

John McEnroe has the record for best start to a year, going 42-0
Guillermo Vilas has the overall Open era record, winning 46 in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Bob
Apr 29, 2009

Miko posted:

It's the Tour Finals. The top 8 in the world. None of them are guaranteed wins anyways.

Fish in the Top 8 is one of those things if you had told me 1+ years ago would happen I would have just laughed in your face.

• Locked thread