Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh
There's not another major until the french open, so this is a thread for me to talk about tennis. You can talk about tennis if you want to. Or don't. Whatever.

What's really important is Milos Raonic. He's playing in the finals of the SAP Open against either Verdasco or Del Potro. Raonic easily defeated Monfils by virtue of bravery to make it to his first final. He is the first Canadian to ever do anything of note, so we are all rooting for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh
Cheer for Raonic. He's teaching Canadians that attractive, affluent white people with silly last names can be successful if they put their mind to it.

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh
Soderling/Tsonga set for the Rotterdam final. That should be a fun match.

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh
I think he might be able to crack the top 40 this year. His overall game still has a lot of room for improvement, but his serve is just monstrous.

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh
i call him "dogpileoff" in an affectionate way but that is against the rules.

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh

HanabaL03 posted:

Over/under on how many years it will take for an American male to win a singles slam title again? I think Roddick is done, John Isner I don't see as a serious slam contender. I don't know any other young Americans making a run in the Jr. circut or anything like that either. My guess is we are in for a long drought, US Open of '03 was the last time an American won a slam (Roddick). Unless Roddick has a magical run in the near future, it could be 5-10 more years until an American wins a major slam.

an american will never win another slam on account of the fat kid thing. its over.

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh
Raonic will win the first then lose the next two sets. But making the finals is huge.

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh

Gomi Pile posted:

Raonic will win the first then lose the next two sets. But making the finals is huge.

look how dumb you are

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh
forget cracking the top 40 this year. that kid will be top 40 by june.

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh

I am going to spam the poo poo out of my facebook feed with this

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh
interesting fact: did you know that there's women's tennis?

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh

ChaosReaper posted:

What the hell is wrong with Murray? I know most people here don't think highly of him but he's a much better tennis player than losing to loving Donald Young and Bogomolov.

he really isn't

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh
the french is my favourite because of the crowd singing la marseillaise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh
tennis.

• Locked thread