Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Terpfen posted:

What? The script and the accents are some of the best parts of DQ games these days.

I think he's referring to the fact that DQVI is still TBA in Europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
I've been on a DQ kick since I picked up DQVI last week, and it made me curious about whatever happened with DQ Monsters Joker 2, whether or not it was getting released over here. Since it's been at least a year since it came out in Japan I figured we're pretty much never getting it, but I just learned that Japan's getting some special edition of the game called Joker 2 Professional, and holy poo poo. They're adding a veritable assload of DQ9 monsters to the game, as well as some new areas apparently, and it just looks spectacular! Here's the trailer, I guess be warned that it shows off a few DQ9 bosses, including the final one. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll release this version over here? It's probably a bit too late in the DS's lifespan but I can hope, right? :smith:

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
Know what I love about Lizzie is she actually gets unique party chat dialog, as opposed to repeating the same three stock phrases! Kinda bummed she's the only monster they did it with, though. :(

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Himuro posted:

3ds can't pull better graphics than that? I was hoping for DQVIII/X-esque graphics at least. Something about it...lacks DQ charm.

Seriously? Because I think it looks pretty nice, in spite of the surrounding environment being rather plain.

All in all I'm pretty excited for it, I hope we get a US release abbounced pretty soon.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

BabyRyoga posted:

I picked up a copy of this today at a local bookstore for about this same price as listed here:

http://www.play-asia.com/Dragon_Quest_25th_Anniversary_Monster_Illustration_Book/paOS-13-71-lt-49-en-70-4lip.html

Pretty nice book, it contains references to 99.9% of the monsters to ever appear in a dragon quest title up until before Terry's Wonderland and X. It will probably be a limited run, so those interested should try to get their hands on it within a few months.

Seconding this, it's a really amazing book and a great art resource! They've even got art for a few of the monsters from Terry's Wonderland and DQX. Question for you, BabyRyoga: does your copy have a gap between the cover and the green pages glued to the inside of it?

In the meantime I'm getting kind of interested in DQX from what I've been reading about it, though I don't suppose we're going to be getting it over here until the Wii U version hits the market.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
So do all the enemies featured in the tablet dungeons have monster hearts they can drop, or is it only a few like slimes and walking corpses? Was just wondering if I could be this cool-rear end pumpkin enemy or if I'm wasting my time grinding them.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Dr Pepper posted:

The Big Book of Beasts tells you if a monster drops its heart.

Ohh, okay. I forgot I even had that dang book.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

BabyRyoga posted:

I named it "Estyke"

God, please throw us a bone on this one, S-E, I NEED to ride around on Rebjorn. It's all that matters to me in life. :(

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
Minor Island 3 building question: What dictates the appearance of castle wall blocks and castle corners? I was trying to build one side of the castle for fun and it seems like those blocks take on different appearances depending on some criteria I'm unaware of. Like, I put down a castle corner and it had parapets on it, then I stacked one on top of it and it didn't. Anyone know?

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I dug down and built a dungeon/jail cell under the pyramid for that creepy Gollum woman to sleep in. She insists on crawling out of there to sleep elsewhere though...

I've actually been having a similar problem, I built Wrigley an underground room on the Isle of Awakening but he won't use it despite it being properly labeled as a private bedroom, instead he sleeps on some pet bedding on the surface near the restaurant I built.

I made him a nice underground garden and everything. :(

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Fortis posted:

I really don't get monster private rooms. They just don't seem to use them, period, even if the game lets you delineate the room specifically for them. I made the same kind of thing for Wrigley with a similar result. I wonder if the pet bed is key; I never thought about using one for him or other monsters. I'll need to try it and see if that makes a difference.

I tried it with both and it didn't seem to matter, which is weird cuz I made a room for Jules back on Khrumbul-dum and he absolutely used it with a normal-rear end bed and all.

I mean, he didn't USE the bed, he just kinda spun in place in the middle of the room, but he used the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Yinlock posted:

maybe he just likes sleeping next to Professor Cluckington

Speaking of which....what's a good way to keep the ghosts from killing all your chickens? :shobon: