Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

5 is pretty drat hard to find for the DS for a good price, I only lucked out by finding it at a Kmart no one goes to. I was going to save it until I beat 4, good idea or bad idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I preferred the "fake" ending to DQ 8, felt a lot more romantic to me.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Is there a place or person in 4 where I can figure out what I'm supposed to do next? I had to put the game down a while ago do to studies and now have no idea where or what I'm supposed to do.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Ys owns period.

Any news on if America was going to get the anniversary Dragon Quest collection on the Wii? I never got the play 2 and 3 as a kid and I've really enjoyed the DS remakes. They're the only ones I'm missing to.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Maybe, BD sold really well in the West and surprised SE. They were expecting Lightning Returns to sell gang busters (it didn't), which BD outsold.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I was kinda bummed that it didn't look like you could be any heroes from previous games until I saw some cast for 4 in there. Hopefully the they're playable.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

They could always just sell it on their website if they're iffy about it selling in real stores.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

blinking beacon nose posted:

So from all of this, I gather that DQ8 is worth a look? Cool, gonna do that.

DQ8 is probably my favorite one simply because they re-did the music for the US release. If you do get it don't bother with the "true" ending, the first one is way more romantic.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I forgot which game but didn't a goon translate a game where the team just got a huge text file where the text wasn't in order so they had to play the entire game to find the context?

As for localization, I always saw that as what comes after just translating the text.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

You can already pre-order Heroes from their online store.

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/282618/dragon-quest-heroes-ps4

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

They were selling these at the Square Enix cafe earlier, thought you folks would get a kick out of it. You get to keep the cup.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Overemotional Robot posted:

That cup is awesome. Where is there a Square Enix cafe?

It's in Tokyo, it looks like a giant egg. It's right by one of their corporate offices. While I was there a group of what I think were developers were going over some Dragon Quest design documents.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

SlimeSanction posted:

Would you be willing to part with the cup for monetary compensation? I collect Slime merchandise.

Sorry friend, I too collect silly DQ items.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The Erdrick one is pretty cool.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The page works now, friends.

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B017W16ZUI

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I always liked the MC from 8, his goofy yellow coat was cool and I liked his "pet" mouse were cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I felt like Act 3 was a slog to go through and he's absolutely right in not wanting to deal with it.

Sure it's a great "no gently caress you, everything is better now" arc, but the pacing sucked and I didn't have fun with it like the rest of the game.