Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
It especially doesn't seem worth it since the stuff you steal appears to be available to buy either at the point you encounter the enemy or soon after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I've been making a point to only do a couple fights per area to keep the levels in check and I've been pretty happy with the difficulty so far.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Really Pants posted:

The default MIDI sound has this sharpness to it that I just couldn't stand hearing after a few hours.

Yeah I feel you here, I just turned the volume down low enough so it faded into the background more and eventually I got used to it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Microcline posted:

At this point the character inventory system is pretty much another relic, especially given you can pull weapons out of the bag.

Even then there's almost three decades of QoL missing. New items should automatically go in the bag, a character's equipment should be separate from their other carried items, and if you really wanted to pull out all the stops consumables should automatically restock from the bag between fights.

Its a little bit of a regression from DQ8 imo. I thought the grid of icons was easier to parse at a glance and the menu overall was snappier to navigate.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Justin_Brett posted:

For this quest in XI where you need to get the jackpot, is there any way of gaming things to make it more likely, or is it entirely luck?

There's a bunny girl by the big tub of tokens that tells you about the jackpot. Sometimes she says that she's feeling that someone is gonna win it soon. Once you get that message bet on every square until you get it. You can rest to pass time until you get the message (saving and loading might work too)

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Calaveron posted:

Legit hoping a DQ rep makes it in to smash

Yangus please

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
In a world where this happens it would have to be a dq11 rep anyways but hell I'll take Sylvando gladly.

Monkey's paw curls and its just the 11 protag and he's another Marth clone

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I get this naming convention but it always makes me think of the mc from dqVIII

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Its definitely worth it but you may be right about where its just barely worth it. As you progress you'll find that it becomes very obviously worth it. Basically the higher rank the thing is you're trying to craft the more worth it sizzle puff gets.