Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Volitaire posted:

Oh sweet a megathread. Well to start us off I have a question for some DQ vets. I'm about to finish DQ8 and I really, really liked it. It's the first DQ game I've played and I heard that its the most accessible in the series. So now I'm thinking of picking up 6 but I'm wondering if someone could gimme the low down on how it compares to 8, or perhaps recommend other games in the series that are most similar to 8. I'd assume that 9 is the closest mechanics wise, but I've read some reviews and it doesn't really seem like its for me. I could be convinced otherwise though.

DQ9 is really good and closest to how DQ8 works then others. You have a similar skill up system, except its based on classes rather then characters, and its only 5ish hours into the game you can change character classes whenever you want. The only downside is that you have a custom party of nobodies, so there isn't much for character interaction with your party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

OhFunny posted:

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1...ingawful.com%2F

Hope Nintendo persuades Square-Enix to release them to the West too.

They would probably just port the mobile versions to the switch, I can't imagine that SquareEnix wouldn't do it.