Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
Dragon Quest 8 comes out on iOS tonight. Looks like I'll be playing through this gem again.
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=230640

SmockJoc fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

Apparently the iOS port has MIDI music like the original Japanese release instead of the orchestral music from the American release. And no voice acting. And it's portrait only which is just bizarre to me, though I think it's really common with Japanese mobile games for some reason.

Meh, I actually prefer the MIDI. The orchestral music really started to grate on my ears after hours and hours of it. Portrait only is great for playing one-handed, meaning it'll be my "what to play while pooping" for the next 2-3 years.

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
Yes, agreeing to join the Dragonlord in DQ1 turns the text red and freezes the nes game in place. I remember from when I foolishly did it at the age of 10.

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
I'm finally getting around to starting DQ11 myself. Would anyone recommend if I should play it in the normal 3D mode or it is fine to go 2D for the whole thing? Any other recommendations as far as difficulty level or draconic settings for the first playthrough?