Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Well this is a right pickle. I honestly can't figure out whether I should vote for Soini to hopefully make his little right-wing party collapse on itself without him to reign things in, or for someone else because I don't want to see Soini as the president. It seems there are just no good solutions here. I think we need Väyrynen to lead us into the glorious light of a new day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Is it just me or did Väyrynen rip his self-portrait pretty much straight from how Kari Suomalainen used to draw him.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

What does that map have to do with turnout?

Go to the kuntakooste tab. It has detailed voting percentages.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Metrilenkki posted:

I just think that the end result (NATO) is not going to happen because why would NATO want an small nation with a paper-tiger army and a 1300-km border with Russia?

This is exactly and the only reason why NATO wants us.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Feb 10, 2012

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

vuohi posted:

Also I think that "we didn't give our (few) Jews to Hitler" is something that Finns grasped onto after we kinda made a deal with the devil and lost in WW2.

Someone would have to be pretty incredibly ignorant of what happened during the war to actually need to justify the deal with germany. We were going to lose no matter what route Finland chose back then. The alternative ways of going down were infinitely worse than what actually happened.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

Persut: Gay marriage caused the whole thing and also why are Romanians allowed in the country.
Keput: Gay marriage caused the whole thing and also why are people who live in cities even allowed to live.
Lahtarit: Pee pee doo doo.

All extremely valid points and I'd like to vote for all of them.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The trad. finnish work ethic is actually you work hard and you know nothing will ever be right, but you keep doing it anyway because you're stubborn and hate the world. Insert drinking a lot between every other word in the first sentence.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Would

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Ligur did nothing wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Rexroom posted:

I see the libertarian "taxes are theft" meme has arrived. Didn't expect it to appear in the SDP.

Clickbait for media exposure. No one is actually that retarded. This is the entire problem with the shitheap that is twitter. Anyone can say anything completely loving stupid and then when challenged go "Well yeah but I couldn't really fit the entire argument into x letters."

• Locked thread