Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Lipset and Rock On posted:

(though I note Fingoons clear distaste for the Green League)

Because there's nothing green in the Green League anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Jerry Cotton posted:

TMaybe not all of them but if there's one thing the Greens are known for as a party, it's turn-coatery. Coat-turnery?

Well SFP is always worse :v: Although you can't turn a coat if you never had a coat, except the one that says "support swedish and we'll side with you, even if you're Hitler".

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Keisari posted:

Which is probably the reason they so often get into the government. It's easy to please the SFP, just to promise to keep up the mandatory/forced Swedish circus and they'll do whatever the winning party says.

If "often" means every single time since 1975, then ok.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Rurik posted:

Here's the original.

Can't say I've liked Eronen up to this point either. However if this is just "humor" (as she'll probably claim), then it's done in such a bad taste that she deserves only :frogout: from the US blogs, the Internet, public discourse and everywhere. And if it's not a joke, it makes her one of the biggest idiots in Finland.

After reading the original text, it's clearly satire. If someone can't understand that then I don't know what to say. Originally I was appalled thinking "are they loving serious?".

Poor satire? Probably. But that doesn't excuse cherrypicking sentences and making it a headline story? Without giving any info about the context or general style of the text? No.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Jerry Cotton posted:

What exactly is the target of the satire? Writings by other hitlers? How the heck is that supposed to work out?

Uhm. http://yle.fi/uutiset/kotimaa/2012/04/vahemmistovaltuutetun_toimisto_poliisin_selkiytettava_toimintaansa_ulkomaalaisratsioissa_3396452.html

Like it says on the original blog post?

Whatever, I don't support TF and I have ever voted for them, but this is just bullshit in a journalistic sense. Especially since the man on the street will never see the original text, only the headlines on tomorrows IL/IS.

Seriously, if someone suggests armbands for the finlandssvenska and entrepreneurs, how can you construe that as not a joke?

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
Was it of poor taste to post that in the beginning? Yeah. Still, cherrypicking a few lines here and there without giving any context shouldn't be used as a weapon in political journalism. I thought we were better than the states.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
The main thing that bothers me about bilingualism is that it doesn't work both ways.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

autoaim.cfg posted:

hälsningar från Österbotten!

Oväntad.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
Wow, I didn't think that even all the Finns on SA were marxist and left-leaning.

Guess I was wrong.

Ligur posted:

Consulting Dan Koivulaakso (who believes he is chased by Nazi flying saucers, I think) and Li Andersson about the far right or TF is like consulting Robert Spencer, Pamela Geller and Olli Immonen about the threat and true nature of Islam.

You know what you get. If you agree with their ideology and need Dragons, anti-feminist forces and so on to fight against, sure.

A fox guarding the chicken coop.

I'm having trouble taking anyone serious who recommends anything by Koivulaakso. Also Andersson being the top in votes is pretty scary.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I was expecting strong reactions and wasn't disappointed. Don't agree with everyone and get immediately shoved into the "Homma hugbox". Great.

The comment was hyperbole anyway, not that I'd expect NC-jugend to be a big hit here.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Soi-hah posted:

Dance my puppets, dance!!! :smug:

I am the puppet master.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Demiurge4 posted:

We had some statistics come out about 5 years ago in which around 50% of crime committed in the country (Denmark) was done by foreigners. This is a sad and alarming statistic, and of course the right wing was quick to point out "those drat foreigners are all criminals", but to me it just highlighted the sad fact that immigrants are still unable to integrate. It's so easy to look at a statistic and get angry, but the truth is they're just symptoms of a greater problem of poverty and inequality but nobody ever goes there and talks about it. It's always those drat foreigners :smith:

Then why is the "solution" to import thousands more every year instead of helping people where they live?

With some quick googling I found this on some charity website:

$400 – a year of elementary school
$650 – a year of high school
$1,500 – a year of vocational school
$3,000 – a year in college, including room and board

We could literally pay for tens of thousands of kids to go to school and college every year with the money we're spending on supporting people here. Development aid is broken and corrupt, but you could easily find people to actually go there and build schools and poo poo. A working holiday in Africa building schools for the poor? I'd be up to that poo poo.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Ligur posted:

In the "other countries" it is not even a few individuals. Here in Finland it is, though. But whatever, the usual suspects will make a selling point out of this, the others usual suspects will do something else. I hope they go live in a cave together and bash out each others heads and leave the rest of us alone.

Homma will call it a false flag, the press will blame it on PS. Everyone wins, right?

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

konna posted:

My response reflects the interior ministry's debriefing pretty drat accurately.

http://viikonpatriootti.noblogs.org/2013/01/10/paivitys-vauhtia-joudutaan-hidastamaan/

Even Dan the man can't find one "patriot" per week from his registry.

edit: Comparing a couple of glue-sniffing idiots to Hitler is pretty drat funny.

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 1, 2013

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Rexroom posted:

And not only that, for some reason university researchers on racism and multiculturalism are harassed actively online and offline, with some even getting threatening letters home.

Why? They're probably trying to keep the level of discussion at what it is today: Near nonexistent.

If you're getting death threats dunno, call the loving police?

http://yle.fi/uutiset/rasismitutkijoihin_kohdistunut_uhkailu_poliisin_ulottumattomissa/6494205

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Kemper Boyd posted:

I work in the field, kinda, and I can say that calling the police is a waste of time. Anonymous threats are pretty much never investigated at all. They're all shuffled to the dailies investigation which is more about doing paperwork than investigation.

Well yeah, but then there would be some tangible evidence that it happened and the hompanssi-crowd can't blame them on crying wolf. (Who am I kidding, Homma will probably say they sent death threats to themselves.)

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Rexroom posted:

All this talk about "personal responsibility" only reminds me of how banks operated before the eventual Finnish financial crisis of the 90s.

Now the only thing that has changed is that things got "smarter", and some quickie loan firms have a sister company dealing with repo work. Legitimate loan sharks, they are.

God I miss Karpo so much. Back in his golden days in the 80s/90s we used to joke that if Karpo calls you, you might as well kill yourself because you're properly hosed already. I think his son did a few stories at some point, but it seems he didn't end up carrying the legacy.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Cerebral Bore posted:

How the gently caress can a 5% minority be in any sort of privileged position?

You're adorable.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Cerebral Bore posted:

As with any other subject, there's nothing inherent in swedish that makes people dislike it, it's all about how it's taught.

Nah, it's more the fact that it's completely useless for 90% of the population.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
Also heres a graph of median household income:

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Cerebral Bore posted:

Please provide a definiton for the usefulness of any subject taught in school, please.

You do realize that the "BUT THERES FORCED MATHS!" -argument is literally the most retarded thing in the world, right?

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Cerebral Bore posted:

So are you unable or merely unwilling to actually provide a foundation for your position?

I guess you don't.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
It's like teaching kids COBOL or MUMPS because some archaic software uses them. Then again, my high school programming lessons were in Pascal.

edit: With the exception that knowing COBOL and MUMPS might actually land you a job.

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Mar 8, 2013

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
Well she apologized. Christ, just let it go!

edit: Also she was helping an (illegal?) immigrant. If that doesn't pull your heart strings nothing will.

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 16, 2013

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Oldsmobile posted:

Anyone been following the Left Party meltdown over the new budget?

Not really that interesting compared to a local politician buying a clock.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Ligur posted:

unless your only definition of leftism is Stalinism or Third-Worldist Maoism in it's purest form or something

This is SA so you're most likely right.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
Korhonen should have just followed Päivi Lipponens advice and call the kid a sweetheart and start hugging him.

"Parempi leperrellä "kullanmuruista" murkuille ja istua viereen, silloin junnuja alkaa ällöttää ja tilanne saattaa raueta."

edit: also jesus christ who uses the word "murkku" in 2013

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Apr 9, 2013

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Antti posted:

But this registry's not used or viewed by anyone but the KRP themselves, and it's still pretty worrying it got leaked to Maikkari in the first place.

A diversion engineered by the government to distract the public from Hautala/Korhonen/kehysriihi/sote-uudistus/euro crisis/immigration/new world order/insert your favourite topic!!
</homma>

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

konna posted:

Calm down. Uusi Suomi is not "the media". You can't make broad generalizations based on the behavior of a web publication. Even if you'd throw in IS and IL I'd still wouldn't grant you the permission to use the term "the media".

Ilta-Sanomat gem of today:

quote:

Uuden Mersu-hankinnan jälkeen ministeri-Audit vähenevät ja minisistereiden autokanta mersustuu. Pääministerin panssari auto on Mersu. viime vuonna hankittiin siis kolme Mersua ja nyt viisi, joten syksyllä 20 ministeriautosta liki puolet, yhdeksän, on Mersuja.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
http://www.anttikaikkonen.fi/blogi/2013/04/24/193/?page2

quote:

Olen toki tyytyväinen siitä, että lähes kaikkien eduskuntaryhmien puolesta voisin jatkaa tehtävässä. Eduskuntaryhmien puheenjohtajien tuki lämmittää mieltä. Olen koettanut hoitaa varapuheenjohtajuutta luottamusta herättävällä tavalla.

Näyttää kuitenkin siltä, että perussuomalaisille tämä on iso asia. Puolue on useaan otteeseen eri tavoin ollut heiluttamassa jakkaraani. Täytyy sanoa, että sellainen ei tunnu hyvältä.

Itselleni tämä titteli ei ole niin iso asia, kuin se perussuomalaisille tuntuu olevan. Aktiivisena kansanedustajana voin varmasti vaikuttaa yhteiskunnan hyväksi rivimiehenäkin.

Eroan suuren valiokunnan varapuheenjohtajan tehtävästä.

Well colour me surprised. Also cool parting shot bro.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

SnowblindFatal posted:

Anyway, have a great vappu / wappu / walpurgis / whatever!

Hope all of you got home safely from your marches!

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
In other news, the best candidate won: http://www.hs.fi/kuukausiliite/Pilapiirroskisan+voitto+meni+Hauholle/a1305674721463

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Ligur posted:

Well gently caress me!. No 33 level tower hotel to Jätkäsaari.

You'll get a Guggenheim as a consolation prize and you will like it.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Ligur posted:

Yes that's the next vote and seeing how well this went, and the "free healthcare for Romani romanis" :facepalm^2:

Don't forget this gem:

Helsingin Sanomat editorial posted:

Helsingissä ja Suomessa sen sijaan kannattaa pysähtyä miettimään, miksi me niin yksimielisesti käännämme selkämme suuren kansainvälisen taidemuseon tarjoamalle yhteistyölle.

Johtuuko se siitä, että taidesäätiön perustaja oli juutalainen liikemies?

Yup, it's because 92% of Helsinkians are anti-semites. Why do you hate Ben and Ruben?

edit: Might as well drop this here for hilarity: http://saloniemi.wordpress.com/2012/03/11/antti-blafield-ja-kansallinen-hapea/

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 15, 2013

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

konna posted:

About SDP:

Please tell me it was Alf Rehn. Guy is pretty cool.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

konna posted:

They started burning schools in Husby. The only thing stupider would be burning libraries.

I think the stupidest thing is burning your own loving neighbourhood. If you're angry at the rich or something just go downtown and start burning poo poo. Don't wreck the place you live in.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Ligur posted:

edit: does anyone else here, even occasionally, read Hannu Visti's blog? HUMAN FISH... Geriatric Pirate maybe as a long shot? He writes mostly about economy, disinterested about ideology, and not very hot about centrally managed everything so I suspect it doesn't go down very well for some regular posters in the thread but on the other hand Visti is a guy people from many walks of life can sometimes appreciate.

Nope, I only read fashion blogs. I might check him out if he has some cool outfit pictures.

edit:
VVVVVV :thejoke:

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 27, 2013

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Rexroom posted:

What was interesting to hear was Bettina S. getting a threat to put a member of Suomalaisuuden Liitto to discuss the drawbacks of "mandatory Swedish" in classes - or else!

I don't understand what this sentence means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Buffalo squeeze posted:

They wanted Bettina to put someone from Suomalaisuuden Liitto on her show to discuss mandatory swedish or Bettinas family gets killed.

Right, the "classes" bit got me confused as hell.

It would be nice to see a debate about pakkoruotsi with neutral hosts (:lol: never going to happen) and without the retarded "kaksikielisyys on rikkaus" and "pakkomatematiikka!" -arguments. Although those are the only arguments the swedes seem to be able to make.

edit: I mean like an actual debate. Two guys on each side and a moderator who just keeps time on statements and rebuttals (and doesn't speak on top of the debaters trying to advance his/her own agenda). Hell, model it after the I^2 debates or something. Have the audience vote in the end which side won.

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jun 2, 2013

• Locked thread