Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That Flash Morgan Webster interview with Excalibur was great and made me download other episodes of his. The accents and some audio issues with people talking in the background were a bit distracting but it's a dang good podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

rovert posted:

Lower card WWE talent spend about half of their earnings on the road - hotel, car rental, food etc. Good indy draws have their expenses largely.

The Smackdown live event payoffs being really bad these days is something I've heard recently. But you don't really need to be told that just look at attendances.

Also be under no illusion things like NXT and 205 Live are efforts to lower wrestler bargaining power, the value of a WWE contract etc.

It's weird cause a lot of indy talent have a difficult choice if they really want a WWE run right now. They 100% need to go right now if they want a WWE cause those chances may not be there if the TV deal is the same or lower in 2019. But as you say it's also 100% clear the NXT/205 live deals are there to both lower talent
costs and starve out the big drawing indies.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I like how he started off with "well my best memory is my kids being born" but had to end it with a fight anyway.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
well my best memory is my children being born then my second best memory is sex with people other than my wife

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave isn't a bragger so he made that his first ever non quote tweet reply.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Dave is so great

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

MotU posted:

well my best memory is my children being born then my second best memory is sex with people other than my wife

If I told my wife I had sex with Bull Nakano, she'd give me a fist bump and a "nice."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Can't believe Dave just blurted out that he had a threeway with Frye and Takayama like that.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

MotU posted:

It was fine, but he had sex with 9 other people that weekend that were better at the PWG shows

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If my wife ever put up a Beatles poster in the World Headquarters of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter I'd be sure to remind her how much better the Crush Gals were.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dave is getting wistful about Banana Girlfriend.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

If I told my wife I had sex with Bull Nakano, she'd give me a fist bump and a "nice."

if you loved your wife youd add on the the end that she was better than bull still tho

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MotU posted:

if you loved your wife youd add on the the end that she was better than bull still tho

hey it's v important he remain objective with his star ratings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

1000+ pages and 6 years later, we've had a new thread put together with a somewhat more up-to-date OP.

• Locked thread