Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Lagana's podcast with Sam Ford is excellent too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Role Play McMurphy posted:

Lagana's podcast with Sam Ford is excellent too.

That was really good, and a new Formerly Creative is up with the Glass Eye Guy! It's weird that I know the exact apartment complex he described being moved into when he got the job.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

HulkaMatt posted:

Do you guys legitimately believe that was Ric Flair?

What about that makes you believe it could not be Flair? He's got the voice and mannerisms.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.
Maybe it was Jay Lethal.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

ChampRamp posted:

What about that makes you believe it could not be Flair? He's got the voice and mannerisms.

I dunno from the beginning it just sounded like a guy doing an impression to me. Like Jason Sensation.

Also the fact he would stay on for 10 minutes and respond to such comments as YOU NEVER BEAT BRET!!!

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 10, 2011

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

I dunno from the beginning it just sounded like a guy doing an impression to me. Like Jason Sensation.

Also the fact he would stay on for 10 minutes and respond to such comments as YOU NEVER BEAT BRET!!!

Ric Flair has an ego where he doesn't leave a conversation feeling like he's lost.

The latest episode has Piper on with Bret, then they get Flair on, and eventually Bret asks what is was like to wrestle Jim Londos and Flair loses it again.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
Are these available by podcast or just live on air?

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

Calling all girls of the opposite sex
There's a podcast link on the website.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Dr. Keith Presents today is 2 HOURS AND 18 MINUTES reviewing ALL OF NXT SEASON 4 and it's free.

Alan, Justin & Eamo. :toot:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

MassRayPer posted:

a new Formerly Creative is up with the Glass Eye Guy!

I thought this one was pretty good, Franciosi is a good storyteller. I don't know when the second half is coming out but I'm looking forward to it.

After cherry picking my way through Cabana's Art of Wrestling, I'm going back and listening to all of the episodes I skipped

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Timby posted:

I'd argue that Benoit has that title sewn up. Anyway, I see your point, although Brody's is arguably more horrible than Rikidōzan, since (allegedly, anyway) thugs went into the OR and told everyone to stop operating on Brody or else there would be consequences.

My favorite part of the Rikidozan story is that he just tossed the guy and went right back to partying.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

HulkaMatt posted:

Dr. Keith Presents today is 2 HOURS AND 18 MINUTES reviewing ALL OF NXT SEASON 4 and it's free.

Why is it 3 times the length of the show it's reviewing?

E: Oh all of NXT 4 :doh:.

Lloyd Boner fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 10, 2011

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

HulkaMatt posted:

Alan, Justin & Eamo. :toot:

Link you HORRIBLE MOD

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/19759/

Justins mic is incredibly low for the first 5 1/2 minutes.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

According to the latest Formerly Creative the segment where The Nexus threw Bret into the limo and then the driver drunkenly drove around the garage smashing into random cars was completely handled by Vince himself. That explains a lot.

Edit: They also said that CM Punk legit doesn't like anyone.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 11, 2011

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Edit: They also said that CM Punk legit doesn't like anyone.

One of the running gags on the Art of Wrestling involves Colt trying to find people who didn't think CM Punk was a huge rear end in a top hat when they first met him.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Yeah, after listening to Formerly Creative my views and opinions are changing quite a bit about a lot of things.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Gatts posted:

Yeah, after listening to Formerly Creative my views and opinions are changing quite a bit about a lot of things.

Writers are seemingly only there to make the company seem more like a legit television operation and to take the heat for Vince's bad ideas so that he'll have a constantly refreshing group of people to yell at, break down and fire is what I got from it. Vince is a grumpy old manchild that enjoys the games that play out in his own mind while damaging his own company and putting on a lovely television product.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
What's everybody's favorite Bryan and Vinny moments? Those shows are basically some of the funniest things I can remember in the wrestling business that doesn't involve PWG or CHIKARA.

My personal favorite is probably Bryan's rant about baseball or Bryan getting pissy cause someone called him out on his pronunciation of the word "roof".

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Capsaicin posted:

My personal favorite is probably Bryan's rant about baseball or Bryan getting pissy cause someone called him out on his pronunciation of the word "roof".
Who pronounces roof "rough", though?!

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Capsaicin posted:

What's everybody's favorite Bryan and Vinny moments?

A BOAT MADE OF GOLD

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

jeffersonlives posted:

A BOAT MADE OF GOLD

10+ min review of Silent Night Bloody Night match.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Jenna/Sharmell show

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Any time they make fun of stupid TNA stipulation matches. Every time Bryan rants about King of the Mountain is amazing.

Also whenever they review older shows from 24/7.

Basically most B&V shows actually. That show alone is worth the F4WOnline subscription.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Capsaicin posted:

What's everybody's favorite Bryan and Vinny moments? Those shows are basically some of the funniest things I can remember in the wrestling business that doesn't involve PWG or CHIKARA.

It's a toss-up between Orlando Jordan's Time Machine and the New Generation video I posted on the first page. gently caress it, here it is again for posterity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asukXln1rMc

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Listening to Dave Lagana's latest podcast with Joe "Eye a Poppin'" Franciosi, he seemed to be suggesting that sometimes Undertaker sits at the Gorilla position backstage and helps expedite things. Kind of a cool visual.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't remember what the context was, but my favorite Bryan moment was "TWO AND A HALF STARS? gently caress YOU!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Capsaicin posted:

Small moments tend to get me. Like one of the times they decided to play some of the games on the kids part of WWE.com instead of ranting at TNA and Bryan was reading the titles...

"JEFF HARDY IN SPACE?!" (Had me howling for a good 3 minutes)

And recently, during a Granny segment where someone asked about how Bryan met his wife, and they agreed it was private.

Vinny: "That's between Bryan, his bride and her mail-order service..."

That one's more because of how much Vinny cracks up at his own joke and how caught off-guard Bryan is, though.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 11, 2011

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

I don't remember what the context was, but my favorite Bryan moment was "TWO AND A HALF STARS? gently caress YOU!"

I think he was reading the star ratings from user feedback of a TNA PPV.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

Yeah I think it was a women's match being discussed on the board.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

Or Vinny giving his recaps.

But yeah, that Christmas/Scriptmpac episode where Bryan and Vinny were acting out scenes from the script was amazing.

There are collections of the top 50 moments on radio shows for 2009 and 2010. 2009's top moment was Dave completely no-selling someone asking, "In the 1990s, Bret Hart bought a house in the US from Montgomery Burns. Do you know if he still has this house or has he sold it?" Neither Bryan nor Dave caught on that it was a Simpsons joke, and Dave was trying to figure out when Bret bought this house.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

LividLiquid posted:

Who pronounces roof "rough", though?!

People from out West.

Bryan and Vinny watching the New Generation video is my personal favorite.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
The one where they talked about the reverse battle royal was amazing.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Please post clips of these if they're available online as audio or videos!

My favorite happens every show.

"Vinny, you have five minutes to cover _______."

"Well, on ______-"

"Stop right there, you see...(explains the last thing they were talking about)"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Captain Charisma posted:

The one where they talked about the reverse battle royal was amazing.

The Fight for the Right Tournament? My God that is still one of the biggest clusterfucks I've ever seen.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
amazing, it looks like they didnt even fight at all!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Deadpool posted:

The Fight for the Right Tournament? My God that is still one of the biggest clusterfucks I've ever seen.

What's funny is that one of the local Washington indies that Bryan wrestled at did a reverse battle royal a few months before

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Captain Charisma posted:

What's funny is that one of the local Washington indies that Bryan wrestled at did a reverse battle royal a few months before

Did it lead directly to a normal battle royal that lead into a tournament that lead into a triple threat? And did the final winner of all of that lose the very next week clean to a debuting star on free TV for no reason?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Deadpool posted:

Did it lead directly to a normal battle royal that lead into a tournament that lead into a triple threat? And did the final winner of all of that lose the very next week clean to a debuting star on free TV for no reason?

Fight for the Right was a reverse battle royal that led to a normal battle royal that ended in a singles match that set up the bracketing for a tournament in which the winner got a bye to the finals and the semi final was a three way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MassRayPer posted:

Fight for the Right was a reverse battle royal that led to a normal battle royal that ended in a singles match that set up the bracketing for a tournament in which the winner got a bye to the finals and the semi final was a three way.

Which is actually more complicated than what I remembered. No wonder I forgot all of the details. I just know that after Abyss won and was the new number one contender he lost clean before the PPV to Kurt Angle in Angle's debut which was stupid.

• Locked thread