Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Lid posted:

That was the implication.

Is this TNA's new show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Bryan's got a real lovely take on residuals for the Network.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Rodney the Piper posted:

Bryan's got a real lovely take on residuals for the Network.

He's got no clue what he thinks, and was just talking it out. How little Bryan understands about the world around him is pretty insane.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I can't wait until people get real mad at Big Dave's Takeover star ratings. It already happened some on Saturday.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CVagts posted:

I can't wait until people get real mad at Big Dave's Takeover star ratings. It already happened some on Saturday.

People gonna get so mad over a quarter star. I can feel it already.

(I will get very mad on line when DIY/AoP only gets 3.75)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

CVagts posted:

****3/4

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Outside of KO/Owens, nothing on Backlash got 3 stars or up. Takeover, nothing scored below a 3.25. WWE.txt

Roddy/EY: 3.25
Dunne/Bate: 4.75
Asuka/Cross/Riot: 3.75
Roode/Itami: 4.25
AoP/DIY: 4.25

10/English: 2
Nak/Zig: 2.75
Uso/Zango: 2.5
Zayn/Corbin: 2.5
Natamella/Beomitte: 2
KO/AJ: 3.75
Harper/Rowan: 2
Jinder/Orton: 2.75

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am prouder of this than getting on MSNBC.

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/867552442673713152

https://twitter.com/Oatgan/status/867585336876183554

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Go RV! posted:

Outside of KO/Owens, nothing on Backlash got 3 stars or up. Takeover, nothing scored below a 3.25. WWE.txt

10/English: 2
Nak/Zig: 2.75
Uso/Zango: 2.5
Zayn/Corbin: 2.5
Natamella/Beomitte: 2
KO/AJ: 3.75
Harper/Rowan: 2
Jinder/Orton: 2.75

AJs first WWE singles PPV match under 4 stars I believe.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lmao

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Despite recent hints from others stating otherwise the situation still remains the same.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/6d7idj/won_update_on_the_future_of_adam_cole/

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Or Dave is kayfabing the set date when WWE will start talking to ROH talents again. Which is very soon.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave: You can't know Japan unless you go to Japan. I learned that when I went to Japan.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gonna assume he's using the biblical know

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

How the hell does Sempervive think that low-blows have never been grounds for DQ in WWE? :psyduck:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/867937060346146816

He's said this a few times, what does it mean? :confused:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

He's said this a few times, what adoes it mean? :confused:

Has it not trended that way the last 4 years? A year ago the Cruiserweight Classic hadn't even started yet. Look at indie line ups from Wrestlemania weekend last year.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

"little david the pathetic one" is alluding to wwe's raid on all-japan in the coming year, as well as their plans for signing most recognizable indie talent and sending them to india and china to build up a viewership base. the independent talents will be expected to cosplay as the WWE superstars who still operate in america.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Knock knock?

Who's there?

Impact

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

He's said this a few times, what does it mean? :confused:

They still have yet to get Cole and O'Reilly, they're widely assumed to still get the Bucks and Omega eventually, I wouldn't count Ricochet out, etc

Basically the indies are going to stay getting plundered for a bit longer

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jim from Virginia is back :unsmith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

New MLW podcast
https://twitter.com/MLW/status/867752087148535808

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I can't wait a college educated podcast.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Benne posted:

Jim from Virginia is back :unsmith:

:woop:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

exploded mummy posted:

I can't wait a college educated podcast.

BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA :roflolmao:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

They still have yet to get Cole and O'Reilly, they're widely assumed to still get the Bucks and Omega eventually, I wouldn't count Ricochet out, etc

Basically the indies are going to stay getting plundered for a bit longer

Bucks/Omega will be very interesting as they are probably the only non-signed act that can probably dictate terms with the WWE in some fashion. I don't think the WWE would try to low ball them but if they come with an offer of a year in NXT and signing over all the rights to the Buck's gimmick? Yeah I can see them walking.

Also if WWE goes on another signing binge and doesn't cut talent (Bye all of 205 live except maybe 3 guys) they could be super screwed if the ratings keep falling and their TV rights money goes down.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Bucks/Omega will be very interesting as they are probably the only non-signed act that can probably dictate terms with the WWE in some fashion. I don't think the WWE would try to low ball them but if they come with an offer of a year in NXT and signing over all the rights to the Buck's gimmick? Yeah I can see them walking.

Also if WWE goes on another signing binge and doesn't cut talent (Bye all of 205 live except maybe 3 guys) they could be super screwed if the ratings keep falling and their TV rights money goes down.

If talent costs ever threatened profitability they'd just fire a bunch of people. WWE pays such a tiny percentage of revenue that it's really hard for talent costs to do that. People get on UFC's case for the low (reports pegging it lower than it actually is) percentage of revenue paid to fighters, and it is low. WWE pays way less.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm pretty positive Omega will balk at NXT, and the Bucks might too.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

If talent costs ever threatened profitability they'd just fire a bunch of people. WWE pays such a tiny percentage of revenue that it's really hard for talent costs to do that. People get on UFC's case for the low (reports pegging it lower than it actually is) percentage of revenue paid to fighters, and it is low. WWE pays way less.

Yeah. if the TV deal goes south I expect they'll just cut NXT and a bunch of talent as well. They'd never let talent affect profits after all

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They won't cut NXT, it's a big selling point of the Network (which they're really banking the company's future on) and Triple H's baby to convince investors he can run a promotion when Vince passes on.

205 Live will be first against the wall if they have to cut costs.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave pointing out Hojo took a big pay cut signing with them I found very surprising

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vince will ask the Bucks to sign a contract handing over the rights to the next 1000 shirts they make. The Bucks sign, even though it means they'll go a month without the rights to their shirts.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave pointing out Hojo took a big pay cut signing with them I found very surprising

She's signed for 60K. Definitely not an outlier there either.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Granny managed to confuse Tomasso Ciampa with Neville.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I wonder what the NXT talent pulls in on merchandise sales? Can't be close to main roster

For a lot of this new talent I wonder if they'll just end up in NXT and won't sniff the main roster just because they want NXT as a brand and other reasons. Also probably a way to keep talent costs way down too...

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I feel like Kenny can just wait out Vince entirely if he wants. He's 33, he's not a super young guy, but he's young enough that the balance of his career will probably outlast Vince's career as the top creative presence in WWE.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I talked to Kenny a lot before he went to Japan and by all means his dream was just living in Japan, so I don't think he's in any kind of rush to come back to America to wrestle twice as much for two thirds of what he was getting paid in NJPW

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Rossy pays loyal STARDOM very well. Hojo is not only a big star for the promotion but she is a liaison between the talent and the office & trains STARDOM wrestlers.

She probably did well on merch too.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

VJeff posted:

I feel like Kenny can just wait out Vince entirely if he wants. He's 33, he's not a super young guy, but he's young enough that the balance of his career will probably outlast Vince's career as the top creative presence in WWE.

Well and worst case scenario for him rn would be ending up back in DDT, who are doing fine to my knowledge. He'd probably main event for them, since he already was doing that pretty frequently when he left.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I strongly suspect Kenny and the Bucks don't sign with WWE unless they can skip straight to the main roster like AJ did. The Bucks are extremely mercenary (not a criticism) and would almost certainly refuse to take a pay cut and give up on the insane merch money they make to spend a year or two in NXT, plus they've been pretty vocal about not wanting to move their families to Florida. Kenny's close to, if not on the same level that Styles was when he left NJPW, why would he give up his main event spot in the second largest promotion in the world to dick around in developmental? Guys like Cole much closer to the standard indie worker calculus, I'd imagine, although in his case it sounds like the decision is essentially already made.

• Locked thread