Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There's no way that's real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

Deadpool posted:

There's no way that's real.

Deadpool. Open your heart. You know it could be true...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Should we start predicting where tonight's Alvarez rant will fall in the F4W 2011 Top #50?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRayPer posted:

Should we start predicting where tonight's Alvarez rant will fall in the F4W 2011 Top #50?

#1 barring some kind of act of god

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

Honestly, I'm expecting a more "I'm dead inside and have to review this show because is it my job" than anything else.

I'm more interested in the seemingly common "thing that Meltzer thought was sorta good only because he loves wrestling more than any other human ever to live."

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MassRayPer posted:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Space Cob posted:

Honestly, I'm expecting a more "I'm dead inside and have to review this show because is it my job" than anything else.

I'm more interested in the seemingly common "thing that Meltzer thought was sorta good only because he loves wrestling more than any other human ever to live."

From his recap I do not think this is one of those nights. (Meltzer half liking the show that is.)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I didn't see the show, but from Dave's write up it sounds like the whole thing was poo poo besides AJ and Hardy. I can't believe the ended a PPV with a double countount and the Hardy/Sting debacle. Bryan and Vinny's review should be glorious.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

From his recap I do not think this is one of those nights. (Meltzer half liking the show that is.)

You are probably right.

Oh, and #3 is my guess.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Over/Under on Goddamn/Goddamnits from Bryan tonight: 8.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

MassRayPer posted:

I've never been so excited for a radio show. I'm more excited for his rant tonight than I am for Wrestlemania.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Deadpool posted:

I didn't see the show, but from Dave's write up it sounds like the whole thing was poo poo besides AJ and Hardy. I can't believe the ended a PPV with a double countount and the Hardy/Sting debacle. Bryan and Vinny's review should be glorious.

Rumor has it that Hardy was in "no condition to perform" so that would explain the brevity of the main event.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Karmine posted:

Rumor has it that Hardy was in "no condition to perform" so that would explain the brevity of the main event.

No it wouldn't. It would explain replacing him somehow, especially if you do a non-finish in the match before that for the number one contender spot. Nothing explains that main event.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Deadpool posted:

No it wouldn't. It would explain replacing him somehow, especially if you do a non-finish in the match before that for the number one contender spot. Nothing explains that main event.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Capsaicin posted:

Over/Under on Goddamn/Goddamnits from Bryan tonight: 8.

8 hundred, maybe.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Dave is reporting that it's the no condition thing now.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

Bald-n-Nekkid posted:

Gah! I have a physical reaction to that picture now.

My poor heart :smith:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dave on LAW was pretty good. He swears a bunch and calls TNA creative geniuses.
Check it out, it's funny.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

New Observer Radio just hit. Gotta love the description:

quote:

Wrestling Observer Radio with Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez returns tonight to talk one goddamn horrendous pay-per-view -- literally one of the worst TNA PPVs of all time. If you're one of those TNA fans who writes angry letters about my TNA reviews and are hoping that Dave will defend this show, well, might want to skip out on this one. On the Victory Road scale, this would be the best podcast in the history of the Earth. Check it out~!

This is gonna be good.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Oh god, that might just be worth subscribing alone.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

I just popped in here to post exactly what Deadpool posted.

I shouldn't be this jazzed for a loving wrestling podcast but I am.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've got to see this Women's match. Holy poo poo it sounds like the biggest clusterfuck ending ever.

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry

Squall posted:

Oh god, that might just be worth subscribing alone.

I'm so loving happy I subscribed yesterday holy poo poo am I lucky

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Somebody transcribe that for the poor people among us.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Zagrod posted:

I'm so loving happy I subscribed yesterday holy poo poo am I lucky

This.

Only it was a few days ago, but still!

My favorite part is where Bryan asks a question highlighting the stupidity and there is this dead air for what seems like an eternity while Dave's brain processes the stupid.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Mar 14, 2011

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Role Play McMurphy posted:

Somebody transcribe that for the poor people among us.
Transcribe an hour of audio? I'm not going to be doing that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It is my policy these days to just listen to these podcasts and not watch TNA, but is this bad enough that I should watch so I fully get all the rant?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

"this is falls count anywhere which means that had they brawled out the building and somehow made their way to antarctica for example, and and --"

"well they would've been counte-, the show would've ended long before they got to antarctica"

"well let's just say they got there.."

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The Shaman of Cum posted:

"this is falls count anywhere which means that had they brawled out the building and somehow made their way to antarctica for example, and and --"

"well they would've been counte-, the show would've ended long before they got to antarctica"

"... and there was a cover on an ice flow. The ref would count the pin, because it's falls count anywhere. So how do you have a rope break in a falls count anywhere match?"

[pause]

"Umm..."

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The Shaman of Cum posted:

Came here to post this. Laughed quite loudly.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rick posted:

It is my policy these days to just listen to these podcasts and not watch TNA, but is this bad enough that I should watch so I fully get all the rant?

I tried this with Impact once because I didn't believe it was as bad as Bryan was saying. I got about 45 minutes in before I just gave up. I almost wasn't even totally focused on Impact and still couldn't survive it.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
If you don't subscribe to Observer, do so now and check out the latest show. Solid gold.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
The opening line for LAW today is fantastic: TNA crashes and burns with Victory Road. Then they drive the car off the edge of the cliff and die in a giant blazing, flaming ball of poo poo!"

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
WOR today was fantastic. I was listening to it while walking home, and I kept having to restrain myself from laughing out loud.

The entire bit where they're discussing how the Karen/Jeff/Kurt deal could continue with Kurt kidnapping all the kids while Karen and Jeff are loving, and then challenging Jeff to a match in Antarctica to win them back had me in tears

EDIT: also Dave having to explain to Bryan that you can't just lock kids in a room while you're having sex because "kids aren't like cats" was one of the finest moments in WOR history

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 14, 2011

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

EDIT: also Dave having to explain to Bryan that you can't just lock kids in a room while you're having sex because "kids aren't like cats" was one of the finest moments in WOR history

I'm becoming more and more tempted to resubscribe.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
"Maybe you can explain this to me."

"I probably can't."

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.
Paraphrasing from the falls-count-anywhere recap:

Why are there rope breaks? What if there were just ropes sitting in the back, and you tried to go for a pinfall on the pile of ropes? Would the ref count the pin then? Or would he say "nope, break it up - you're in the ropes."

Hmm good question!...yeah that should be fine.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I'm listening to it again, it's honestly great from start to finish. Dave googling Max Buck's birthday to make sure it wasn't a swerve, Dave explaining to Bryan that grabbing a length of rope lying backstage to force a rope break in a falls count anywhere match was "ridiculous" in a totally deadpan way, just fantastic

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Lagana has a new podcast up on IWantWrestling.com with Colt Cabana discussing mainly Wrestling Road Diaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

HulkaMatt posted:

Came here to post this. Laughed quite loudly.
The best part is that later in the show Meltzer calls back to it and suggests Kurt Angle and Jeff Jarrett have a falls count anywhere match on an iceberg.

• Locked thread