Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Funnily enough, AJ himself thinks it's important for new guys to go through NXT and not just in a "gotta learn where the hard cam is" way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0_Bx0ME9CY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8-JEJ3XYnQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i already quit watching when dana brooke became the female roman reigns but if they sign kenny he will change teh business forever and i might come back.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Kenny will get a debut where he gets a huge pop, and will be jobbing clean to Roman the Raw immediately after

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Grozz Nuy posted:

I strongly suspect Kenny and the Bucks don't sign with WWE unless they can skip straight to the main roster like AJ did. The Bucks are extremely mercenary (not a criticism) and would almost certainly refuse to take a pay cut and give up on the insane merch money they make to spend a year or two in NXT, plus they've been pretty vocal about not wanting to move their families to Florida. Kenny's close to, if not on the same level that Styles was when he left NJPW, why would he give up his main event spot in the second largest promotion in the world to dick around in developmental? Guys like Cole much closer to the standard indie worker calculus, I'd imagine, although in his case it sounds like the decision is essentially already made.

Matt just bought a new house in cali so Florida is deff not in the books.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

dsriggs posted:

BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA :roflolmao:

This makes me really sad that Bobby Heenan will never be able to do a podcast.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Listened to the first ~two hours of Between the Sheets for the first time, because I was curious about the Owen Hart stuff. It was really informative but the guy who reads the Observer and such seems to mumble and talk too fast sometimes. Kind of hard to understand.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

coconono posted:

Matt just bought a new house in cali so Florida is deff not in the books.

The Bucks are also smart and aware enough to assume that they would be booked horribly in an attempt to humble them because WWE creative is petty as hell. I can totally understand why they wouldn't be keen on signing up for such a toxic work environment.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

CombineThresher posted:

The Bucks are also smart and aware enough to assume that they would be booked horribly in an attempt to humble them because WWE creative is petty as hell. I can totally understand why they wouldn't be keen on signing up for such a toxic work environment.
They were already treated like poo poo just for not signing, like I recently mentioned both WWE trying to sue them for using the Too Sweet sign and The Usos throwing "Superkick Parties"

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The best podcast on own is without a doubt the Lapsed Fan over the edge 98 review

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/869044532117217285

Something that comes up here: How many eps of Raw on WWE Network have substantial differences from the live show? There's one segment on the show covered here that's completely different. Instead of Masked Randy Orton menacing Ric Flair in the background in the locker room after the RVD match, Triple H wanders in to argue with Flair. I presume these were changes for the replays aired internationally (and on Universal HD in the last decade)

How often does WWE do re-shoots, etc? The thing where they aired a Daniel Bryan rehearsal by mistake on Universal HD a couple years ago seemed like it was supposed to be an insert of an alternate take so I'm guessing the answer is "way more often than anyone realizes."

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Listening to this and it's a hard listen as covers some stuff I didn't know and I'm super angry at Vince cause of this.
Like Call Me Charlie said, you need to read Martha Hart's book.

I've been wanting to pull stuff from the lawsuit, especially since the deposition transcripts got filed with the court, but I've been hesitant to spend the money (or try to get someone else to). At least partially that's because Kansas City has a system where everything got scanned...but they won't provide digital copies to the public. Parties to the case can access them online, but that's it. Even if I pay (or get Deadspin or someone else to pay), I have to deal with paper, I guess so they can justify the costs.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

davidbix posted:

Like Call Me Charlie said, you need to read Martha Hart's book.

I've been wanting to pull stuff from the lawsuit, especially since the deposition transcripts got filed with the court, but I've been hesitant to spend the money (or try to get someone else to). At least partially that's because Kansas City has a system where everything got scanned...but they won't provide digital copies to the public. Parties to the case can access them online, but that's it. Even if I pay (or get Deadspin or someone else to pay), I have to deal with paper, I guess so they can justify the costs.

Didn't it get pulled from the shelves because of legal stuff between the Hart family and WWE (as well as Bret trying to sue Martha)?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Didn't it get pulled from the shelves because of legal stuff between the Hart family and WWE (as well as Bret trying to sue Martha)?

That was Diana Hart's book.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

ICHIBAHN posted:

The best podcast on own is without a doubt the Lapsed Fan over the edge 98 review

This, and also Summerslam 92 & their NWO Special are my favorites.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Are they any better than the typical episode? I'd really love for them to keep the interesting history and ditch the aggressively unfunny attempts at humor and chat about how WWE doesn't get the satire of trying to bring a sign that says "LINDA IS A MURDERER" on it.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

sleepwalkers posted:

Are they any better than the typical episode? I'd really love for them to keep the interesting history and ditch the aggressively unfunny attempts at humor and chat about how WWE doesn't get the satire of trying to bring a sign that says "LINDA IS A MURDERER" on it.

Well, no matter the episode, JP and Jack are huge loving dorks so they're always gonna get derailed and laugh at their own unfunny jokes. But Summerslam 92 has a reading of Diana Hart's insane book about Bulldog which is can't miss (plus their review of the Bret/Bulldog match is awesome) and the NWO Special is great comprehensive history of the rise of fall of NWO followed up with fantasy booking on how maybe just possibly WCW could have not hosed it all up.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sad year for Meltzer:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/869243452952895488

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/869256820879015936 https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/869257053897764864

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Frank Deford owned on Real Sports. that is my knowledge

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Very sad that the Deford Roller Derby book is out of print and expensive.

In a period of a month three people who had a huge influence on Dave and the Observer have passed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Very sad that the Deford Roller Derby book is out of print and expensive.

It's on Kindle and Google Play for :10bux: if you have an e-reader or app

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Hey Jerusalem, can you ban Oatgan, Manflurry and Karmine until they record another Pisscast?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jubs posted:

Hey Jerusalem, can you ban Oatgan, Manflurry and Karmine until they record another Pisscast?

Second. Motion to move to vote.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jubs posted:

Third

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think that's fair.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ban me

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Second. Motion to move to vote.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Jubs posted:

Seventh

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They should ban 'em if they ever record another one of those things!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
jerusalem only gets to ban them if the Punchspot Podcast makes a comeback first

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

This isn't as good as the Gamergate ban me

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Being back the Muscletalk Progcast.

Also ban the 'Gan.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Your punishment is that you have to keep posting.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I still have a recording of Masterpiss Theater even though Oatgan has tried to bury its existence.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

jerusalem only gets to ban them if the Punchspot Podcast makes a comeback first

this seems fair

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Today's WOR has a crazy story about Vince stealing the shoes of Frank Deford and his wife.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Me: "Vince McMahon sure is an immature rear end in a top hat."
Also me: "Haha this address is on West Big Beaver Road."

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Thinking about adding the 6:05 Superpodcast, Lapsed Fan, and Between the Sheets to my podcast rotation. Is it fine to start from the beginning with these, or are the early ones of any of these unlistenable until a certain point?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
With the Lapsed Fan, do the wrestlemania journey first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Captain Magic posted:

Today's WOR has a crazy story about Vince stealing the shoes of Frank Deford and his wife.

The story was insane enough, but when it got to the bit about Vince bringing it up himself at a Congressional hearing.... :stare:

• Locked thread