Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
I wager 100 punjabi rupees that jinder beats brock clean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/919030284334481410

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Brock vs Jinder is actually perfect for Brock. All he'll have to do is lead Jinder through a very basic match and he'll get to throw two little guys around.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

The_Rob posted:

Brock vs Jinder is actually perfect for Brock. All he'll have to do is lead Jinder through a very basic match and he'll get to throw two little guys around.

and then he'll lose

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I can't even tell what's real or fake on these forums anymore because I'm now seeing posts where people think Jinder will get a lick of offense on Brock.

Serious talk: it's Brock, nobody will get to look good against him till Roman next year, and the whole point of "Raw vs. Smackdown" angles is to make sure Raw looks better at all times. Brock ain't showing up for a non-title match unless he gets to sleepwalk through an easy 5 minutes.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Jinder will win so the WWE can prep a feud between him and Roman. :getin:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

I can't even tell what's real or fake on these forums anymore because I'm now seeing posts where people think Jinder will get a lick of offense on Brock.

Serious talk: it's Brock, nobody will get to look good against him till Roman next year, and the whole point of "Raw vs. Smackdown" angles is to make sure Raw looks better at all times. Brock ain't showing up for a non-title match unless he gets to sleepwalk through an easy 5 minutes.

Generally Smackdown either wins more of the matches or wins the big match in a Raw vs Smackdown feud or show so that WWE can pretend they are trying to make Smackdown appear equal even when it is not.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Generally Smackdown either wins more of the matches or wins the big match in a Raw vs Smackdown feud or show so that WWE can pretend they are trying to make Smackdown appear equal even when it is not.

The 5v5 will be the 'big match' if they do it tho

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Actually if this keeps Jinder out of the 5v5, I'm extremely into it.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

God, the India tour isn't until December.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
2017 will be remembered as the Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter of Jinder.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Jinder may actually murder Brock. For a shoot. Brother.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Khallas Country, ਡੈਣ!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CoolCat posted:

Jinder may actually murder Brock. For a shoot. Brother.

I'd pay to watch that.

*brock does a racism*
*jinder wears his skin as a cape for WM entrance*

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Incessant Excess posted:

2018 will be remembered as the Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter of Jinder.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Among the higher-ups that Bryan Alvarez referenced on the Tom Lawlor show who don't think Fashion Files is funny among them I heard is Michael Hayes.

According to Joe Lanza on the Voices Of Wrestling podcast, he heard that 205 Live guys are only getting a flat fee for being in the WWE 2K game instead of getting the check with a cut of the sales.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
You mean the out of touch racist is out of touch?!?

and also a racist (but that’s unrelated to the fashion files)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

You mean the out of touch racist is out of touch?!?

and also a racist (but that’s unrelated to the fashion files)

Might be impossible to maintain now but Michael Hayes on the CM Punk documentary is amazing because it's nothing but a series of him trying to explain why him and the higher ups ignored literally everyone they had a future main eventer on the record and Paul Heyman had no eye for talent.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

Among the higher-ups that Bryan Alvarez referenced on the Tom Lawlor show who don't think Fashion Files is funny among them I heard is Michael Hayes.

According to Joe Lanza on the Voices Of Wrestling podcast, he heard that 205 Live guys are only getting a flat fee for being in the WWE 2K game instead of getting the check with a cut of the sales.

That's really hosed up because new additions to the roster are like one of the main selling points. Does Swann have a 205 Live contract or a normal WWE one, because if he's getting stiffed too then that's bullshit.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I assume 205.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

I assume 205.

That's real poo poo then, he was in NXT way before the cruiserweight stuff went into motion.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
No wonder Neville got the gently caress outta there. gently caress this company.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Haven't the video game royalties been drastically reduced ever since 2K bought out the license from THQ?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

OctoberCountry posted:

Haven't the video game royalties been drastically reduced ever since 2K bought out the license from THQ?

I wouldn't think the terms of the agreement have changed. 2K didn't wait until the license expired and negotiated a new one, they bought the current agreement from THQ's bankruptcy. I'm fairly sure that works like acquiring a basketball player's contract in a trade.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I remember Dave reported a couple years ago that the video game checks were much smaller than previous years. It certainly seems like people are being paid less in WWE ever since the network started.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

OctoberCountry posted:

It was one of the reasons why there are fewer legends. Some scoffed at the offer 2K gave them

friendo55
Jun 28, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

This type of lip service applies to so many aspects of WWE these days. Not having enough authenticity and staying out of their own way is one of the company's major negatives.

Has anyone played the new game? Is it worth getting or still too similar to recent 2K outings?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

friendo55 posted:

This type of lip service applies to so many aspects of WWE these days. Not having enough authenticity and staying out of their own way is one of the company's major negatives.

Has anyone played the new game? Is it worth getting or still too similar to recent 2K outings?

literally the only footage off it I've seen are people posting videos of its massive, numerous, hilarious bugs.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Every year I think the wwe game is what I want, and then I realize that they're still not as fun as MDickie's Wrestling Mpire when I killed a man (legitimately) in the ring after hitting him with over 30 chairshots in a no dq match because he kept kicking out dammit!

Don't get me wrong, it's a bad game with dumb russorific poo poo like having a "Shoot" match type in a universe where wrestling is actual fighting. But goddamn it having a landmine match in a 1x1 foot ring is funny as hell.

Really, if I could have a cross of TEW and like, VGCW, I'd be set.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
The best video game is Fire Pro Wrestling World where you too can play as Dave Meltzer(there's at least a half dozen CAWs, this was just my favorite)

I wish I didn't suck at the game. I played for a week and could never get the drat grapple timing down.

Also someone made a CAW for Dave, then made a variant where he's a Bear, Bear Meltzer. Alas there's only one Bryan Alvarez CAW.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

PaybackJack posted:

The best video game is Fire Pro Wrestling World where you too can play as Dave Meltzer(there's at least a half dozen CAWs, this was just my favorite)

I wish I didn't suck at the game. I played for a week and could never get the drat grapple timing down.

Also someone made a CAW for Dave, then made a variant where he's a Bear, Bear Meltzer. Alas there's only one Bryan Alvarez CAW.

start against AI level 1 and start with the weakest grapples and work up. I started with a striking heavy character like kickboxers to really get the feel for the spacing since the 2.5D is weird.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Is there a Shoulders Torelli CAW?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

Is there a Shoulders Torelli CAW?

pfff, is there a Shoulders Torelli CAW

made by the guy who also made the only Bryan Alvarez CAW

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The only reason to buy this year's game is if you want the Hardy Boyz without needing a mod

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Tuesday Nitro post show has stumped Dave two weeks in a row, very ashamed he didn't know anything about Blood Circus.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/EandCPod/status/921021826607788032

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dustin has always owned.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

GoutPatrol posted:

I remember Dave reported a couple years ago that the video game checks were much smaller than previous years. It certainly seems like people are being paid less in WWE ever since the network started.
Wasn't there much the same story about wrestlers not getting the same payoffs for PPVs thanks to the network? The last I heard of it was, supposedly, WWE was going "oh we'll totally sort that out, don't worry about it" to them and then nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Revenant Threshold posted:

Wasn't there much the same story about wrestlers not getting the same payoffs for PPVs thanks to the network? The last I heard of it was, supposedly, WWE was going "oh we'll totally sort that out, don't worry about it" to them and then nothing else.

They get the same pay off on PPVs...

There's just barely any PPV buys anymore due to the Network and they don't get paid on the Network at all.

• Locked thread