Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Cactus Jack posted:

Corino is always a great interview, which is to his detriment as he has burnt a lot of bridges doing it.

Corino also gets bored in interviews and just starts making poo poo up. Like lots of poo poo. Theres a shoot out there of him talking about the poo poo he's made up for other interviews and the true stories behind them.

Even in that shoot he gets bored and starts making poo poo up.

Guy is hillarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

LividLiquid posted:

They have a song where they say "gently caress Jack and Jerry Brisco" in it.

Aren't they huge NWA marks? One of them has every episode of Mid Atlantic wrestling if I remember right.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

DKP Annual ProWres Paradise PDF is 99 pages color and is amazing. It's on THE BOARD and Bryan says he'll be putting it on the website for members later.

They put so much effort into it.

This is just an absolutely fantastic read. I honestly didn't expect it to be as well made as it is, nor to have so much detail on so many promotions.

If only I didn't suck at the word search.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

LordPants posted:

I reckon they'd get that ladder match from where ever it is he started, right?

The one against fat Chris Hero in IWA MS? It looks really good in a package but the match itself is outright horrible. Also they would have to edit it for Punks potty mouth.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Konnan is a truther. This makes me a little sad.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Thats by far the worst thing I've ever readon F4W and its ridiculous they didn't post that with even a disclaimer.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Let me change my position then to "its ridiculous it got onto the site even with a disclaimer"

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

They've been reaching out to Lanny Poffo ever since Savage died to get him into the hall of fame, so it's not a lack of interest on the WWE's side, but more Lanny wanting to stand by Randy's hope that their father would be inducted as well.

The Savage/Vince thing is overstated now. In the last few years they've released a macho DVD, had him do publicity for their video games and Vince has written and spoken about him in favourable terms since his death.

Savage is probably a matter of time now.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Gabe got really mad at everyone who reported the IPPV problems. 411mania did a show report where they said that the first half a card was unwatchable, so Gabe sent in a huge email about how they shouldn't judge his promotion on technical issues, and it totally wasn't their fault. When someone gets mad about what 411 says, maybe its time to admit you can't take criticism.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm frankly amazed that 30% of WO subscribers still get the print version.

A lot of workers prefer the print version as it's easier to pass around at work or use as memorabila. I know Foley has a bunch of his good early reviews collected on display in his house.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Have you thought about having a segment each week of what stupid things TNA did in the past week? There is so much stupidity and very easy to miss some of it.

Don't make them watch or follow TNA. Some of us have to talk to them on a daily basis.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

As Mark Madden's most recent hit was a piece that essentially said that TNA owed Jesse Sorenson nothing and shouldn't have even given him a job after his injury, no one should ever listen to anything he says. He has a mandate from wrestlezone to push as many buttons as he can to get page views.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

This weeks guest on the Steve Austin show is Samoa Joe. Austin puts him over big time and even goes into his ROH fanboyism.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Ashley once quit so she could come back in a position of power to drive home that she was a better employee than seth. Steph on the other hand made Shane leave the company.

Tough call.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I feel that the christmas special of the 10 count should just be 5 hours of Hulka reading Big Apple Takedown. Complete with voices for the characters.

I particularly look forward to Hulka's Chavo voice.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Podcasters: It's the survior series and you find yourself captain of a team of five struggling to survive. What would you team be called and which wrestlers past or present would you have on your team?

Bonus points if you announce your team in Vince McMahon hype voice.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Hmm I want to do this.

Stream it, raise some money for charity, not feel any guilt for any jokes you tell.

Everyone wins.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Big Daddy talk always makes me want to listen to a show.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

New Japan Pro Wrestling. They've turned a great worker into a business changing star and a hopeless nobody jobber into their #2. They've had one miss in the last three years and even with that one they had the guy win as many matches as they could.

I know this is really obvious but I'm drawing a blank on the miss.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

The crowds don't buy Naito as a Dome show main eventer.

I think this is unfair to Naito to a degree, as he was up against a match up between two guys who have been at the top of the promotion for the best part of a decade in a match that hasn't occurred in a fair amount of time.

Don't get me wrong, I think that Naito's push has been pretty off this year, but I wouldn't call him a miss by any stretch of the imagination yet.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

In fairness, it was a common perception of him because he had a rough first month in-ring and he injured Chyna.

HHH also burried him backstage after the phantom title win that the crowd popped big time for. This wasn't so much a one time issue as something he did multiple times over a period of years.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

BlueArmyMan posted:

Punchsport Pissbois; which of Rey's Wrestlemania costumes do you feel was the worst?

Thats got to be a gimmie. He had one with a mask that kept falling off that he had to hold on with one hand the entire match.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I am going to be legit annoyed when I get someone to listen to the podcast only to discover that none of you put over Big Daddy.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

oatgan posted:

i said Big Daddy would win when we addressed this question

I feel my loyalties as to who has the superior podcast may be shifting.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Heyman's stories are made so much better by Austin's response to them. Hearing him slowly crack up as the firing story unfolded was great and you ended up getting quite how much affection they have for each other.

"Jesus Christ. You're a piece of work."

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Even now Aries is tracking down all of your twitter names, cackling to himself as he clicks the block button thinking "see I am the one with the power, and am in no way shape or form a thin skinned man child with terrible opinions about everything."

For you see he is the greatest man that ever lived.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

ICHIBAHN posted:

Anyway, Nash going tonto @ Piper on Twitter regarding the latter's podcast. What did he say?

Piper talked about the two of them getting into a confrontation, with the implication being that Hot Rod didn't back down. Nash went on twitter to say first that he bitchslapped Piper down backstage with a bunch of boys watching, before then deciding that he was ashamed of having disrespected Piper back then and that Piper should have him on the podcast.

Basically Nash was drunk.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I'm pretty sure the rise in subscribers is due to a perfect storm of news worthy stories: Punk quitting, the rebooking of wrestlemania, the fan backlash, Bryan getting injured.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I know Jay is, and either OOC or V1 is too.

Jay is, and the one who does "what bar" is as well. The other guy constantly seems zoned out when they go into doctor talk.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

I'm sorry, Jerusalem, but Strike Force aren't getting back together, OK?

Ha, jokes on you they now work together on indie dates, with Martel working as Tito's manager.

See there are happy endings in wrestling.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

I find myself never seeming to agree with these AEP guys.

I'm the same. It doesn't help how often they get things wrong.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

keithy george posted:

That was one of the first episodes I watched, great introduction. I find OSW baffling, I guess they must have cornered a market early because they're awful, like honestly the worst. No rhythm, coldly reading raw facts off a page, no charisma, terrible insights, a match review that amounts to "Aw, dat was terrible. Anyway did you see the arse on that woman."* Their one saving grace is that they seem exactly like what you'd stereotype an adult wrestling fan to be, perhaps. So juvenile.

It's funny because everything you say here, is my opinion of AEP.

OSW makes me laugh and is good. Listening to AEP just makes me long for a ten hour pisscast.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

welcome to Jimmy Jacobs, I guess?

I thought it was a pretty good interview. He's erratic, but that's nothing new so I knew what to expect going in. He's a bit strange but he seems like a good dude and he has some decent ideas. He also has some really bad ones like giving talent carte blanche to make their own content for the network.

I can understand where Jimmy is coming from though because he's a guy who pretty much saved his independent career and got a push out of doing his own poo poo separate from Gabes wishes. Jimmy loves Lacy was all him and it worked.

Whether that would work on a larger scale is a different question, but I understand why his opinion is what it is.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The French TNA crew used to be amazing as no one spoke french and they just took the piss all the time. There's a video of the electrified cage of doom match where they just poo poo on everything for the entire time and its possibly the funniest thing I've heard from TNA.

(Also the blindfold match where they just kept stressing that "it's all fake they can see" in French)

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Perigryn posted:

Dave was laughing his rear end off as Bryan recapped the Punk interview. It was amazing.

What did Dave say to it?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

david carmichael posted:

is that the same cubsfan who wrote for crz like 90 years ago

Yeah. He started off on DDT digest.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The funniest thing for me about the Austin/McMahon podcast didn't actually happen in it. Seeing all the buzz and attention that the WWE was getting over it TNA decided to do one of their "look at us we're relevant too" moments releasing a podcast today with JB asking Dixie all the hard hitting questions. Of course nobody cared because it;s TNA.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Endorph posted:

Did Dixie say anything incredibly stupid?

They left Spike on their own terms, theres no bigger tv deal than Destination America, 2015 is the year of Kurt Angle, she loves the young guys as if they were family.

Absolutely nothing of actual note.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Endorph posted:

drat, was kind of hoping she'd get in on the millenial bashing

She did say something about how she knows "she's more in touch with her audience than some" which has caused some TNA fans to be all "SHOTS FIRED"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

HHH doesn't get tested anyway though because of the Connecticut loophole.

• Locked thread