Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
My favorite podcast is the Don Tony and Kevin Castle show, which can be found at https://www.wrestling-news.com. I like it mostly for Kevin Castle, though. Don Tony is for the most part an insufferable prick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I haven't listened to the JR podcast yet but plan to soon. Who's worse about complaining about today's product; JR or Jim Cornette?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Triple H has his finger on the pulse of what's good in wrestling today and has a good eye for talent, and that's pretty much it really.

Not a knock, because that's all important. I'm just saying.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

sportsgenius86 posted:

I look at developmental now and developmental before HHH and even if things aren't great in 10 years, I'm at least reasonably sure they'll be better.

It's certainly more structured than the previous recent territories. OVW and Deep South were too unstable and inconsistent, and FCW was just awful in every way.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Mob posted:

I think we just found out

:golfclap:

Nicely done, sir.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Doh, this was meant to be an edit and not a quote. Clearly I am also dumb.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
The new second epilogue about TNA isn't terribly insightful but it's drat funny, and the very last line made me go ":neckbeard:" in real life.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Gaz-L posted:

...He's actually going to write it, isn't he?

God I hope so. Though I imagine it won't be started or published until after the company goes out of business, which at this rate will be never. The company's a goddamn cockroach.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

coconono posted:

I got the impression that CM Punk doesn't think too highly of Jericho.

Which is weird, since I remember after the match they had at Wrestlemania, the camera caught Jericho giving Punk a mini-noogie in the ring.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Dunbar posted:

I'm sure he's told it before, but that story from Shawn about being on 2 somas and 3-5 Vicodin during the WM 14 match made me :catstare:

I can't imagine being able to stand up on drugs like that, let alone wrestle a main event match.

At the risk of sounding like a nincompoop who doesn't know what he is talking about, sometimes I wonder about details like that and how true they are. Lots of wrestlers are full of it, so I wonder if he really was on that many meds, or if he's exaggerating a little to seem tougher.

Then again, if you've seen Shawn's entrance at Mania 14, you'd see his eyes were red and glassy as hell, so who knows?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I kinda wonder how guys like KENTA, Devitt, Steen, etc would react to Demott's actions if he tried that on them (assuming this is all true.)

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

rovert posted:

Like I've been saying Regal has been gaining power while Demott's has decreased.

Considering how fond of Regal Hunter is, I'm shocked Regal hasn't been the head trainer from the beginning.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

JR's story on how he convinced Vince to hire Gail Kim is uhhhhh

Well, he's not WRONG....

I mean, he's WRONG, but he's not WRONG, ya know?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
My favorite part of the Nash 1995 timeline was when Mabel getting a big push is brought up, and Nash replies "I think they were just going back to the bodies." then there's a pause, and then his face goes red and he just loses it laughing.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Karmine posted:

Best Nash moment is faking the quad injury at Mania this year btw

What the...when did this happen???

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Listening to Jim Cornette's podcast and he really really really needs to do something about his random throat clearing.

I wanna collect all the times he's ever cleared his throat and make a video compilation of them.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

CombineThresher posted:

Or rather, they're all expected to wrestle the male cruiserweight style, even if it doesn't suit them at all.

I just want one woman wrestler to give a great lariat. I mean, I get why it isn't common (the whole "destroying the opponent's boobs" thing) but I'm a sucker for a great lariat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Ishin posted:

Here's a real shock, Jim Cornette hated Omega/Okada

It's just a gimmick at this point.

• Locked thread