Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Grant DaNasty posted:

Which one of you turned in the shout out to NWA: Mountain State? The good news is that Bryan said he should check it out.

Yo. We will not stop mentioning it until he watches it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I don't think I've ever listened to more than 5 minutes of one.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I love everything about ICP except their musical output. They always give entertaining interviews, and without them we wouldn't have an annual infomercial for The Gathering of the Juggalos to marvel at.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

After Impact's main event tonight, I am looking forward to seeing how many times Brian has to repeat the finish to himself in increasingly higher octaves.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I feel like you guys should pick a wrestling promotion at random and just treat that single one completely kayfabe. In complete deadpan treat everything real.

I don't really watch RoH so the entire middle of the episode meant nothing to me, but the WWE and NWA:MSW stuff was great.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jun 16, 2011

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ChampRamp posted:

Fun listen to the PSP podcast. If you ever need someone to discuss TNA, I'm around.

Yeah, if you ever do an entire episode dedicated to TNA Roundtable Discussion it's about the only thing I could ever contribute anything to.

Also whoever was talking about how great Jacques Moliere is forgot the best thing, his claiming "THIS ONE IS OVER!" on every pin attempt.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 17, 2011

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The Berzerker posted:

every time one of you says "Elgin" with a soft g I want to turn the podcast off. Please Stop That

Why would they stop pronouncing something correctly?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I think I'm going to have to buy the UWF show because holy poo poo

It's really nice hearing Bryan and Vinny have fun reviewing a show instead of the soul-crushing despair that is their Impact reviews.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jun 29, 2011

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The fact that Randy Orton has seen Scorpion King 2 leads me to believe that in his days off he sits at home watching lovely movies on Netflix Instant. This is a good thing.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I unironically want WWE to implement Bryan's bodyslam streak idea.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRayPer posted:

I was about to say "it is funny how scrawny Bryan Danielson would do poo poo like repeated body slams in his long matches and never get winded but Zeke can't..." (ignoring that wrestling is fake and it isn't hard for a little guy to do one) when I realized: DANIEL BRYAN NEEDS THE BODYSLAM STREAK.

Have him do one body slam one week. Then two in a row the next. Then three. When he does four or five people will notice. It will get over, and this will get him over in time for his inevitable cash in.

The cash in will be the longest in history when he spends fifteen minutes trying to work in 20 bodyslams, each more glorious than the last.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SGRaaize posted:

I was laughing so loving hard at the idea, I almost died, the way both Bryan and Vinny played it off as a semi-serious suggestion only made it 200% funnier.

"YOU WON'T GET 20 BODYSLAMS OUT OF ME"

Can you imagine the nuclear heel heat someone would get for getting them self counted out to avoid bodyslams? It would be among the most dastardly moves of all time.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Vinny is insane if he thinks Kurt Angle looks "phenomenal." He's certainly much more trim than he used to be, but his proportions are all wrong.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

And gently caress Chavo sight unseen, for the record.

But he's related to Eddie! This means we should care about him.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

USA either did an amazing job editing him, or Jeremiah went from being one of the more charismatic guys on Tough Enough to a black hole of likability barely able to form a sentence.

The best part is when he says that he didn't think Stone Cold even wanted to say anything negative about him, but only did it for the show.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 11, 2011

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Lamuella posted:

wasn't it Lagana interviewing him? Or did I miss an interview?

Bryan and Dave's interview with him just went up this morning.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dave immediately stepping in to correct Bryan on "ARTEEST" is loving hilarious.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big Bob Pataki posted:

So nobody's gonna bring up Artest changing his name to Metta World Peace

It's not officially his name for another week and a half :colbert:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I understand why people can hate the granny segment as I personally don't like them, but seriously just wait a couple seconds and skip ahead about twenty minutes.

That being said, Bryan gets hung up on the DUMBEST things. While Alex Shelly and James Storm were teaming as Gun Money he would rail against the name insisting that Storm was "The Beer Guy" and "THIS loving COMPANY" about the insanity of going with that name. Shut up, Bryan. Every name for that team was going to be kind of terrible. It's not like the team gets their name from James Storm loving beer and Bobby Roode loving money and their specific combination forms the Mega Powers of beer and money.

Anyway, skip ahead 20-25 minutes if you hate granny that much. She's only on like one show a week, people.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

"We ain't gonna let no east coast motherfuckers, nor no motherfucking poo poo-kicking boot-cowboy wearing motherfucking south fools come out here and take this money from us, man"

This is why I subscribe.

p.s. WWE please bring Ricky Ortiz back because look at how much he's improved

oatgan fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Sep 28, 2011

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Todd is hilarious and one of the only things I make sure to catch weekly.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hearing Todd :negative: about Fedor puts him at the top.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRayPer posted:

Please say he did it again.

No it's been a while, but it's still funny.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I think I actually blocked the Jeremy Piven episode of RAW from my memory because I remember almost none of this. :psyduck:

"HORNGOBBLER!"

-edit-

Everyone should support Rich Ortiz

oatgan fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 12, 2011

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Everyone knows America and Canada are training partners and would never fight each other.

Canada and America sparring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9vdoX3Ju0

(Canada is Coleman)

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gotta be Jeff Hardy working Victory Road, or that promoter sending Scott Hall out to work, but iirc the award is "Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic by a Major Organization" so TNA has got this one in the bag

oatgan fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 7, 2012

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Perigryn posted:

It's Antonio Cesaro (Claudio Castignoli). He teamed with McGillicutty against Alex Riley and Mason Ryan at a Raw house show.

Are Alex Riley and Mason Ryan the least technically proficient and most generally unsafe tag team of all time ever employed by a major promotion?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

For what it's worth, Mason Ryan reportedly knows about his limited skills and ability.

I wasn't trying to be insulting in any way. I love Mason Ryan.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The news that Jeff Jarrett was watching Desperate Housewives instead of the TNA PPV was amazing.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

So what did the last word on wrestling have to say about Funkasaurus?

The exact quote is

quote:

Bryan: Some people thought it was awesome, some people thought it sucked. I dunno. It's Brodus Clay so he might as well be the Funkasaurus.

Dave: Yeah it's Brodus Clay. I didn't expect him to come in and be a main eventer, and with that gimmick he won't be.

Bryan: That would be my guess. It will make for entertaining short television.

Dave: It's something different, and different is usually good.

They go on to say that at least they are actually doing something with him instead of being a generic big guy, and will see where they go with this.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The Briscoe Fever bump was worth my subscription this month by itself

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Does Matt Hardy promoting himself via fake suicide note count? Because that would be my vote.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Oh god I cannot order Hood Assassins fast enough. Why is payday so far away?

"Rasche Brown is now dead, what does this mean for the title?"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Not only did Bruce not really bring anything to the table, he is really really bad at speaking so listening to him was a chore.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

LordPants posted:

Isn't "slipping on a banana peel" a wrestling spot?

Also, no love for Chet Lemon and Black Snow?

Scott Steiner: Ring Announcer was the only real highlight of that episode. Chet Lemon and Black Snow only get residual love.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I've been meaning to listen to Art of Wrestling for a while now, these all look like great places to start.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

gently caress, that's right. I never remember my tweets.

What a coincidence, I never read them!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Listened to the MVP podcast today due to this thread. Holy poo poo, that guy is lucky he isn't dead.

I know, after all that training he did with Benoit in his twilight years I'd say he got off pretty easy compared to some.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I think the Bucks should stop taking bumps altogether and just focus on superkicks

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

CombineThresher posted:

I see what you mean, but I can understand the divide. Pro wrestling is corny/lovable fake fighting for rednecks and high school dropouts. Sports entertainment is something WWE made up to hoodwink the NY and NJ athletic commissions, and has become synonymous with a hacky sideshow in which clumsy ex-bodybuilders act out Vince's myriad personal issues.

Not just WWE/F. WCW had constant references to it's status as a Sports Entertainment promotion if you watch old episodes of Nitro. TNA used to do it too until they attempted to re-brand themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triplexpac posted:

I liked that WCW coal miner's match with the Scott Hall photo

San Fransisco 49ers Match

• Locked thread