Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
http://iwantwrestling.com/

Former WWE/ROH/Friends writer Dave Lagana has two different podcast shows starting up. One series is "Formerly Creative," which features him talking about the business and the backstage culture at WWE with other past members of their creative team, and other is "Press the Press" which spotlights wrestling journalists and the like. There are three episodes of the former and one of the latter up thus far, and they've all been pretty interesting and well produced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Matt Morgan comes off like a pretty smart guy in that LAW interview, he basically has no tolerance for this macho tough guy bullshit that the old dudes are selling and he's really concerned about concussions in sports. I'm not sure why the WWE never got behind him or gave him a decent gimmick, except that maybe he was a backstage problem in that he doesn't seem to have much tolerance for, again, the old dudes backstage and that whole hierarchy. I'm just basing that off a throwaway rant about concussion attitudes, though.

Also it's hard to reconcile Lagana's podcasts and this picture of Vince as not wanting to be associated with his pappy's wrassling business, because it seems like the old wrassling carnies makes all the decisions of any importance.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Yeah the guys on LAW are growing on me, I'm listening to their whole show on Wrestlemania 19 right now and it's a pretty excellent listen. I really wish Triple H hadn't gone over Booker on that show, it really sours me on an otherwise pretty incredible card.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Chris Nowinski is on Bill Simmons' podcast today. It's really excellent. Everyone should listen. They ignored me in the WWE thread.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Lagana's podcast with Sam Ford is excellent too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Somebody transcribe that for the poor people among us.

• Locked thread