Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Does Vince even know that Shane is still alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Punk's followup podcast https://soundcloud.com/coltcabana/aow-227-cm-punk-returns

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

He said "Can you dig it, Sucka?" and them everybody stood up and clapped

The gunman turned out to be Albert Einstein

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They have one guy who keeps calling in about SHINE and I refuse to believe he doesn't jerk off to the matches

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

BlueArmyMan posted:

Weren't they trying to set up Shawn Michaels vs. Daniel Bryan with that? I remember Michaels superkicking Bryan was supposed to lead to a match, and it just ended with Bryan putting Michaels in the Yes Lock instead.

Supposedly the plan was to put Michaels in that spot in the hopes he would get that "one more match" itch. Instead, Michaels just went "nah I'm out" and the story was quietly dropped.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Somebody tell Vinny that Balor rhymes with "valor" so they can stop making the same dumb joke every week

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Dave has one hell of a coughing fit right now

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So today's the first of the 6-day WOR. Decent discussion, an interview with AJ Styles and only one caller. Good start so far.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I have never heard Sting cut a great promo so Dave must be grading on a steep curve

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Brock could probably make more money with one Mir fight than he would in a calendar year with WWE

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Curtis Axel should demand a refund

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
There's no way Dish and DirecTV will take back the PPVs unless they get every single one. WrestleMania as a stand-alone package is a non-starter.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Tonight's WOR has Mike instead of Bryan, so adjust your expectations accordingly

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Didn't Batista hate OVW because they never actually taught him anything, and he mostly got where he was in spite of them?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"He's really smart, and.....and evil!" is still the funniest thing I have ever heard

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Brony from Heel Town sounds exactly like someone who would call himself Brony

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

triplexpac posted:

Edit: There is an ad in the sidebar on F4W and it's asking me obscure questions about the WWE draft. I don't know who was in the supplemental draft I'm sorry!!

That ad's been up for like 3 months and it's distracting as hell. Does anyone even answer the questions?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

cronox2 posted:

I understand Bryan not getting why people booed Carmella but Vinny too?

That booing was literally the first time I've seen Carmella get a reaction. Normally it's dead silence in Full Sail.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rock's Hercules did $243M worldwide on a $100M budget.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=hercules2014.htm

At worst it would barely break even when you account for marketing money, but that's not an outright failure.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I really want to see the Venn Diagram between "people who listen to Wrestling Observer Live" and "people who use a catheter" because goddamn that ad is loving everywhere

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Dimebags Brain posted:

Did Dave or Bryan shed any light on that wierd rear end ending or were they just as baffled as the rest of us?

Not really. Dave was in the "it probably sounded better on paper" camp.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MassRafTer posted:

How would Bryan know about Prince? He's a 39 year old man!

I'm starting to think the wrestling bubble is a literal bubble that Bryan stays wrapped in 24/7

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Bella Twins are cool and good

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
When Vince was on TV and in matches, didn't he tell the wrestlers to just beat him up for real because he never learned how to sell properly?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I still maintain they need to build a physical Hall of Fame but that's not happening any time soon

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I hope Bryan is just spitballing about the ER main event being Rollins/Orton/Reigns, because I'm really not eager to see a third straight title match be a triple threat. That's one area where you can legit say "going to the well too many times."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"Pee straight up into the air" is my new favorite Bryan-ism

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"Which male Rosebud has the best potential?"

These loving WOL callers, man

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bryan's dinosaur toy story was the height of Bryan/Vinny tonight

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Holy poo poo the Bryan pee song :laffo:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I still wanna know why a promotion has a TV title when they're not even on TV

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

81sidewinder posted:

Dave said it was not Angle that owed him the favor, who else in TNA could be a 'big name'? Maybe Dave is talking about Dixie herself. #askquestions

The Hardys? Bubba Ray?

*Googles current TNA roster*

... Ken Anderson?

I got nothing.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
AJ had the best year of his career after leaving TNA, gets to wrestle the biggest stars in the world and can pretty much name his own price on indie bookings.

If that phone call went longer than him laughing for 30 seconds before hanging up I'd be legit surprised.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I haven't listened to WOL in weeks. Were there really Benoit truthers on Sunday's show, because that's a thing I need to hear right now.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Nobody cares about Mark Madden's sports opinions, why are we suddenly caring about his wrestling opinions.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Vinny not knowing who The Mountain was and listing off his strongman achievements is one of my favorite B&V moments yet

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Out of all the callers who talk about women's wrestling, Ed is the one who sounds like he jerks off to the matches

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The catheter ads will never stop being funny

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Maybe one of the DA execs was just a big Kurt Angle fan as a kid and was so psyched to find out he was still wrestling he was like "quick get the title on him!" like a jabroni mark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

triplexpac posted:

I wonder if DA will try and influence ROH's booking the same way

Bryan said this will absolutely not be the case

• Locked thread