Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Wait, what?! Is this still the Yes Movement thing?

After talking about the Yes Movement they also argued over whether Daylight Savings Time had an affect on the ratings and Todd got mad at Bryan for using "facts and numbers" to back up his argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Grant DaNasty posted:

I had to turn off the Todd show. It's like Bryan and Todd take turns at being the most infuriating person ever to listen to. Bryan says CM Punk will never ever return to WWE, and Todd said Bret Hart returned and he left under worse circumstances. Bryan says that's the worst argument ever.

What the gently caress???

I think Bryan's main point was that while Vince has always been willing to bring people back if it can make him money, he doesn't think Triple H will be the same way. Bryan's terrible at debating though.

I can't blame you for turning off the show, I've never been able to listen to a whole show of those two. Todd always seems to bring out the worst parts of Bryan's personality.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

"I'm going to contradict every statement, but not to play devil's advocate and introduce alternative viewpoints to bolster the discussion. Instead I'm doing it to constantly interrupt everyone and repeat the same line of bullshit until I've successfully annoyed everyone."

- MRT on the Punchsport Podcast

MRT is funny and runs Tuesday Nitro. He's a cool guy.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Wang's really cool because he sounds like Billy Quizboy from Venture Bros. I would listen to a podcast of Billy Quizboy and Pete White reviewing Total Divas.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
edit: Nevermind

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

keithy george posted:

*I'm Irish, so maybe people find the accents amusing/entertaining?

I'm an ignorant American and that's mostly why I watched as many episodes as I did.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I listened to an hour of Bryan and Todd Martin today.

Why would you do that to yourself?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

LordPants posted:

Talking about "the day of Sting's birth" is the most davest dave thing ever. :allears:

My favorite part was them talking about the standards of getting voted into the Hall of Fame changing as time goes on. Bryan suggests that 10 years from now Batista will get voted in.

There's a solid five seconds of silence before Dave groans and mutters, "Possibly?"

OctoberCountry fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Nov 23, 2014

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Dave articulately calling Vince out on his bullshit about millennials is beautiful.

I lost it at Dave suggesting that Rowan cut promos like Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Spermgod posted:

it's funny how dave and bryan ragging on transcendent cultural references that people of every age get for being out of date actually makes them seem even more out of touch

"I bet 25% of our audience has never heard of a Rubik's cube."

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

This was a classic Observer if I've ever heard one.

This was cemented when Dave Meltzer declared, "Well...pudding actually smells good!"

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

What are they?

Meaningless.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
How long have those been sitting in unopened boxes somewhere in Bryan Alvarez's house?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

elf help book posted:

CafePress is a Print on Demand site. It doesn't exist until you buy it.

That's very disappointing.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

Dave sounding so depressed that Roman Reigns isn't the guy and no one else is either.

I lost it when I was reading the newest Observer and saw even Meltzer is fantasy-booking a Cena heel turn.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Grant DaNasty posted:

Wang is such a character it's almost hard to believe he's not an actor playing a role. Between asking for a cosmopolitan, saying he wouldn't remove his hat for his headphones because it's "part of the outfit", and freaking out after biting into a liquor filled chocolate, he's like the anti-Macho Man.

Wang is the best.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Is the All About The Reigns song on Youtube or somewhere, I want to listen to it again

http://tindeck.com/listen/ovuyn

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

Dave sounds so much more alive to have Bryan back.

Their conversation today about Vince's magazine cover is hilarious.

OctoberCountry fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 19, 2015

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Twitter account reclaimed:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Bryan's reaction to the reason they distorted Sting's voice was priceless.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Require More Fire posted:

Was it actually Sting's voice? Because John Pollock would not loving let go of the idea that it was Dolph Ziggler's voice. It started to get pretty :spergin:

It was. Dave actually mentioned it was dumb because a lot of people he knew didn't even realize it was him.

Apparently the idea was that he supposed to be the Black Scorpion Sting from the early 90's even though Sting and the Black Scorpion were two different people.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

That's the worst part, it's not Vince Russo bad, it's 2001 WCW bad where it's just average and boring and 45 year old men do stupid aerial moves for no reason and break things.

Are we talking about WWE or TNA?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Cornette wanted to literally murder noted fun guy Kenny Omega because he wrestled a little girl

Was he mad because of violence against children or that Omega doing comedy matches is exposing the business?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

He got over exposing the business, now he's mad about making things that to him make what's left of it look like a joke

Cornette being a weird, insecure man-baby will always be one of my favorite things about wrestling.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan: You have a friend.
Dave: I do have a friend.

Dave's got a friend

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Dave Meltzer posted:

"He's got friends in high places. Real high places. Like the highest of places"

Barack and Rock Connection

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Spermgod posted:

brian's rant about clickbait headlines really helped explain why the observer website is how it is

What'd he say?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

I suppose I will listen to that one. I actually subscribed to giant bomb for the powerbombcast, but they are so infrequent and Jeff is so loving negative on twitter about it, i haven't even listened to one.

It's pretty funny because of how dumb it is. Every month you get to listen to Dan Ryckert be foolishly optimistic, Jeff complain that wrestling isn't enough like 2000-era Nitro and that one guy who thinks Roman Reigns should literally become the Undertaker 2.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Delsaber posted:

In fairness, we all might be wishing for Reigns as Undertaker 2 after Wrestlemania this Sunday.

You're right, Roman Reigns has nothing on Chainz.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

cronox2 posted:

Well, poo poo.

So much for not dominating the show.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

What'd he say? I kind of can't stand b&v&c these days

They were talking about the "You suck Cena" chants at Raw and Craig asked if they chanted "You suck some random guy in the back" at Paige.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

Dave's rewatching Wrestlemania before he puts out the newsletter. That should be interesting to read both perspectives.

Really interested in hearing his thoughts on that match now.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Spermgod posted:

it was a really good terrible match

A lot of it was wrestling being dumb in the best way up until the handshake, but the commentary was irredeemably bad the whole way through.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

LordPants posted:

"Y'know I didn't know that (Kenta)'s finisher is the GTS, and after seeing him work I think that he can make it."

Yes, the son of one of the greatest wrestlers who himself has already made it and is really good, may be able to make it in the business. Duly noted.

Thanks, Powerbombcast.

Gerstmann is the best part of the Powerbombcast because of the completely hilarious and arbitrary reasons he hates things. He can't enjoy NXT because it's "developmental" and thought everyone should swap gimmicks every couple of moths. He also thought Triple H dressing as the Terminator somehow ruined the integrity of Triple H as a character.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Another Person posted:

Because I know that most of the characters will be given a total reset when they hit the main roster and most of their momentum will be lost, I kinda find it hard to get attached to them. If anything, NXT bums me out most times, because I know when guys like Tyler Breeze get called up they will become Adam Rose 2.0, shilling product placements and jobbing the Los Matadores in the tag division over 2 minute matches with no stakes and no feud. No matter how much it tries, to me it just cannot shake off the feeling that nothing that happens there matters. It is a developmental down to its very core.

Maybe Neville will change that, but I doubt it. What they did to Itami the night before Neville was called up kinda said all that needed to be said about how the people running the main roster feel about NXT when it comes to how much it matters.

You're completely right and I feel the same way most of the time. It's just that NXT is a super fun wrestling show so when I watch it I can actually quit worrying about bad booking, Kevin Dunn and Meltzer snowflakes and just enjoy myself.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm not seeing this mean-spiritedness in either tone or content.

All I can see that I'd remotely construe as mean is him saying she was hired on the basis of her looks, which in 2009 was extremely likely to be the case for any woman coming in. I guess the tattoo thing could be seen as mean, but it's true enough that JBL was openly busting on her for it. I don't doubt that the stuff about her having heat with some of the main roster women is true, as well as the Lita thing since a lot of the people in that locker room are children.

I would think if he really wanted to put the screws in he would've brought up the Beadle stuff from the Tribute to the Troops tour.

At least he didn't call her attainable.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Dave gettin' real sassy on the podcast today.

Also I want a supercut of all the times he analyses workers bodies, it always makes me laugh.

"Well, um...I think because she's kind of naturally pale that -- that without the fake tan she looks pale"

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Did something serious happen? I only know of what's been posted here and that both guys are pretend lawyers.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
I've subscribed for years and barely listened to any of the Todd audio, what was in the Observor segments that would've stirred up trouble besides Meltzer's grammar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

Whys it called The Marine 4?

It's like Star Wars, they're gonna make the the first three later.

• Locked thread