Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Big Bob Pataki posted:

My favorite part of today's Observer Radio is Dave comparing some listeners to the robot from Jeopardy because they don't have a sense of humor and don't realize things him and Bryan say to each other are jokes, and then seconds later Bryan makes a joke and Dave answers it seriously

Worth every single penny

I always think back to this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxLZA_VgszU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Angry Alvarez is the Best Alvarez.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

LordPants posted:

If you want a bit of a giggle then Colt Cabana interviewed Steve Corino. He seems to be equal parts great guy, jerk and bitter old wrestler. But in a really funny way.

Corino is always a great interview, which is to his detriment as he has burnt a lot of bridges doing it.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

His 9/11 story is... funny?

Can I say that?

No.

Yes.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Skinty McEdger posted:

Corino also gets bored in interviews and just starts making poo poo up. Like lots of poo poo. Theres a shoot out there of him talking about the poo poo he's made up for other interviews and the true stories behind them.

Even in that shoot he gets bored and starts making poo poo up.

Guy is hillarious.

Oh Corino, never change. :love:

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Dave is still optimistic about certain angles in TNA at the beginning of them (ex. recent 16 man tournament). TNA. He can't be too far down on wrestling if he is still trying to get himself up for that bullshit.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

I listened to some Dave shows from back in 2000/2001 and he didn't say you know and like every other word. I think the lovely wrestling of the past 10 years has damaged Dave's brain.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Briscoe Fever on yesterday's Bryan & Vinnie show is the best song ever.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Akileese posted:

Followed by Dave defending it by saying "Well ya know, Desperate Housewives IS a good show."

I was initially surprised that Dave liked 90210 and shows of that ilk, but then I realized he loves professional wrestling which isn't that far removed from girly melodramas.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

The song on The Art of Wrestling this week is amazing.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

“You don’t have to be smart to laugh at farts, but you have to be stupid not to.” - Louis CK

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

So apparently Colt Cabana is going to be on the WTF podcast with Marc Maron talking about stand-up comedy. I look forward to this!

This will rule.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Perigryn posted:

Well, that was an interesting Bryan and Todd Martin show...

You might as well say what it is because nobody wants to have to suffer through a Todd Martin show.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Why does anyone listen to Todd Martin shows? He is stupid and says stupid things and did I mention he is stupid?

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

To which Vince would reply "Hercules was Greek you collage educated dolt!"

:eng101: Hercules was the Roman name for Heracles.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Is that asian girl in the Vinny video Bryan's crazy ex?

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/
Colt interviewed John Morrison for AOW

The song of the week is pretty awesome in this episode.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

I am going to be so disappointed if Buddy and Bryan aren't the new Hollywood Blondes when they do this show.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

I am now dumber for having listened to The Brian Kendrick.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Needs more CC. #FreeCC

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

MassRayPer posted:

That's the problem, he won't work free.

This is why the business is in the shape it is nowadays. A bunch of you old farts holding down the young up and coming stars like CC.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

triplexpac posted:

Today's show really came off like Dave feels guys with DUIs shouldn't be fired, but he couldn't just say it when Bryan was so upset over it.

Dave's "well they haven't fired anyone over it before so they can't now" is a pretty weak excuse.

I love hearing Bryan talk about drugs since he knows absolutely nothing about them. One of my favorite Bryan moments was when he thought marijuana use in MMA was terrible because it allowed fighters to not feel pain at all, so they would be unstoppable on it.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Good AOW today, Chuck Taylor's the guest. He took 7 years to finish college because of wrestling :stare:

Tommy: Did you hear I finally graduated?
Richard Hayden: Yeah, and just a shade under a decade too. All right.
Tommy: You know a lot of people go to college for seven years.
Richard Hayden: I know, they're called doctors.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Cardboard Box posted:

bryan alvarez is the kind of guy who watched reefer madness as a kid and thought everything it said was legit

He and Dave kept calling it dope on the show. I was waiting for them to pull a Nick Gulas and start railing against those drat marijuana pills.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

To borrow from the wrestling vernacular we all love so much, Todd Martin is the drizzling shits. I hate him and avoid every show he is on.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Just started the Lance show and Lance thinks Nick Diaz is literally retarded. This should be a fun show.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

After the tag team talk on this week's Ten Count I would like to know from the Ten Count Crew:

Who are your favorite tag teams of all-time?
What are your favorite tag matches?

You could also ask who are your least favorite tag teams of all-time and least favorite tag matches, but those are both aplenty nowadays with how tag team wrestling has been neglected in certain promotions.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

HulkaMatt posted:

Just so you guys know I was NOT laughing at statutory rape.

I was laughing at Dan Maff getting blackballed.

Come on, people raping statues is pretty funny when you think about it.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The Shield got boring after they let Forrest Whitaker stick around for twice as long as he was needed.

Gave up 5 episodes before the series finale and never looked back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMTrthePKU0

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

MassRanTer posted:

Dr. Lucha needs to stop having health problems :(

I feel like his health matches up with the health of real Mexican wrestling.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

MassRanTer posted:

If you haven't listened to the 3.5 hour Mike and Dave show, you need to. It's amazing.

Bryan has become a really good interviewer but Mike is so much better at interviewing Dave specifically. He prods him a few times for extra details that really add to the stories.

Bryan always seems to be in a hurry to finish the show, and it doesn't matter what show, which I find annoying.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

I wonder if Dave has the older Observers on that computer in some odd file format and has to keep it around for compatibility issues. Or maybe he is like GRRM and uses Wordstar in DOS to write the Observer.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

triplexpac posted:

Why are people suddenly writing about Meltzer?

Because he is awesome and deserves it?

Edit: Yes I realize it is lovely journalism, but still Dave is getting mentioned which is awesome.

Cactus Jack fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 23, 2013

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Rodney the Piper posted:

All that's left to completely gently caress up beyond mattering is the Royal Rumble.

Don't kill the Royal Rumble.

Whenever Pat Patterson dies we are all hosed.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Jack Krauser posted:

Lost it at the Todd Martin impersonation on the B&V show.

What time is this at? I skip the Granny segments anymore.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

I'm a big Cornette mark and that podcast made me sad. :(

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Does anyone think TNA will pay me six figures to scour the internet looking for people dumb enough to be TNA fans?

If you can get Bischoff and Hogan in on the scam, and you'll have to cut them in on the money, I think you can pull it off.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Two Mike and Dave shows this month, first one is Saturday!

This rules.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

HTM can be entertaining if you know beforehand that he is a liar and all around piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Punchsport Podcast, how come Bruiser Brody wasn't brought up in the best big man discussion? You should be ashamed.

• Locked thread