Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
If you subcribe to the Observer, make sure to go back and listen to the older Bryan and Vinny show's. They're not amazing anymore but they used to be absolutely hysterical. Orlando Jordan's Time Machine was the greatest moment in the history of our sport. As was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asukXln1rMc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bald-n-Nekkid posted:

Percy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watson_%28artificial_intelligence_software%29

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bald-n-Nekkid posted:

Hopefully when Vince dies, Triple H will be reasonable enough to sledgehammer the gently caress out of Dunn and Ace.

Unfortunately, Dunn and Ace are two of Steph's favourites

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Akileese posted:

Honest to god I tried this last week and got halfway through (The apparent lesbian love triangle) before I just couldn't take it anymore and gave up.

I mean, bad wrestling TV is one thing, but Impact is just bad tv period. I really thought Bryan was exaggerating when he said how awful Impact was week in and out. He isn't.

Also the Bryan and Vinny show is probably the best show that the Observer puts out.

The Adrenaline Flush series that's someone's put up on THE BOARD is a compilation of every B&V rundown of impact in any given month. The July 2009 always gets me in stitches. I wish I could post it here simply because it's the best thing to demonstrate how funny B&V are.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

The Matt Morgan you see now would do fine in WWE. The hard on Vince has for big guys is the reason he didn't get the chance. He was years away from being TV ready when he was brought up. The stuttering gimmick didn't help, but the Matt Morgan who was brought up was like most of the big guys who are brought up. They are not ready for TV. Vince falls in love with their size and assumes they are, then they bomb and he finds a new 7 foot hard on. It is his love of giant sweaty men that means most of them won't have a chance. It is what gets them on TV and gets them sent packing.

If Vince was in a coma for 2 years while Morgan developed then sure he would still be in WWE.

This is true to the extent where I think WWE are going to make him a ridiculous offer once his contract is up. He's too big, talented and charasmatic for WWE to not notice how much he's improved and how much of an asset he would be.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Capsaicin posted:

What's everybody's favorite Bryan and Vinny moments? Those shows are basically some of the funniest things I can remember in the wrestling business that doesn't involve PWG or CHIKARA.

My personal favorite is probably Bryan's rant about baseball or Bryan getting pissy cause someone called him out on his pronunciation of the word "roof".

It's a toss-up between Orlando Jordan's Time Machine and the New Generation video I posted on the first page. gently caress it, here it is again for posterity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asukXln1rMc

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

I don't remember what the context was, but my favorite Bryan moment was "TWO AND A HALF STARS? gently caress YOU!"

I think he was reading the star ratings from user feedback of a TNA PPV.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Yes, that was in the "Best of 2009" comp too. loving ace

Could you point me in the direction of the best of 2009 comp? I seem to find it in the compilation thread on The Board

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
The opening line for LAW today is fantastic: TNA crashes and burns with Victory Road. Then they drive the car off the edge of the cliff and die in a giant blazing, flaming ball of poo poo!"

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

elf help book posted:

Link please. Or number. Or anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n1NxhSgywo

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
The discussion of there being four guys between Dave and his son was really good as well. The fact that Dave insisted that he wouldn't want to fight Alberto del Rio was awesome. Brought up a really good point about miz's booking as well.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

If Michael Cole is ever found dead we know who the police should investigate.

And if I ever need to hide a fat burger, I know which wrestler not to hide it behind

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I almost died laughing atthe free WO show today. The topic of Rima Fakih's school came up and she'd previously claimed that there was a shooting or stabbling at her school every day which led to this exchange (paraphrasing):

Bryan: If anyone can find me a school where there was a shooting or stabbing EVERY DAY, I will give you $100
Dave: How many consecutive days does it need to be on?
Bryan: A full school year. Three-hundred-and-sixty-five days
Dave: That's going to be hard. That's a long shot. I don't think you're going to find one
Bryan: That's the point
Dave: ...................... What if it was 365 stabbings in 1 day instead?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Holy poo poo. I NEED to hear the promo that Dave Taylor cut on the guy at subway in Atlanta

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Sue Denim posted:

Holy poo poo, I marked the gently caress out hearing the Bryan and Vinny show from the 6th open with Robert Johnston's 'Cross Road Blues'.

Who's the roots fan, does anyone know?

I love the rootsy music the show often opens with because I'm a big fan of it.

Roots music :allears:

The best one was a song about Adam and eve in the garden of Eden and frolicing around where the closing line of the verse was "then he hit eve in the eye with a tater". Vinny let's out the angriest, most confused "WHAT?!" I've ever heard.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Sue Denim posted:

Ahhh, pre-depression gender roles expressed through song :allears:

You'd think with all the roots music they play this kind of thing would be common place.

I don't think the gender roles was what angered/confused Vinny so much as it was the fact that someone wrote a song about Adam and eve using fruit and veg as projectile weapons.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

And again, thanks.

E: Holy poo poo these things are like 3 hours long.

Number 15 and number 34 are probably the best ones imo. It's the 'Silent Night, Bloody Night' and 'Victory Road 2009' respectivly

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Borh posted:

You can check out the Bryan and Vinny Rewind for more of him, especially in the early episodes. At the very least you should listen to the August 2010 one (vol. 61), covering his antics at Bryan's wedding, because it's some of the funniest poo poo I've ever listened to.

Best part of that episode was "No Brent. I'm not going to let you in if you're just going to go up to Dave Meltzer and ask about his son's penis"

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
WWE's announcement of Bin Laden's death gets a segment on The Bugle podcast for The Times. You may recognise one of the voices as John Oliver from "The Daily Show"

http://tindeck.com/listen/nqkv

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

LordPants posted:

Observer Radio: Shooting down great ideas that will never happen since 2008 (TM)

..... I don't think he's going to superkick a moose

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Dave was on fire for the entire show

"Doesn't Marc Ratner look like Alfred the butler?"

"Maybe AJ and Daniels are so close that when AJ takes a bad bump, Daniels gets the concussion"

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

JohnWilkesGoonth posted:

God, sendspace is the worst.

Truthfact. Are there any other hosts so I can download this on my phone?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Perigryn posted:

Would mediafire or megaupload work? I could reupload it to one of them later.

That would be great, thanks. I don't have access to my computer until thursday so all my stuff is phone based until then and send space requires software to run before you can download.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Perigryn posted:

It IS a large file (270+ mb) so it could take a while over the phone lol

The internet speed isn't a problem. Wireless is connected and it's a 50mbit line

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Borh posted:

Here, have a Multiupload link that allows you to choose from a bunch of different hosts:

DON'T DO THIS

Also, not in time to make this year's best of, but a prime candidate for 2012, I just heard Dave explain the problems with the booking of Rock/Cena vs Truth/Miz by comparing it of the archetypal structure of the episodes of the old Popeye The Sailorman cartoon. It was enough to make me forgive Bryan for being lazy with putting up the Christmas show.

Thanks, man. Opened the file and heard a guitar version of "Oh Susannah". Download justified.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 24, 2011

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Borh posted:

That, plus my standard answer of the review of the BARBED WIRED CHRISTMAS TREE~! edition of Impact. It's the December 21st 2007 B&V show. It's seasonal too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV2CNpJhmiU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Lloyd Boner posted:

Eh, I like ROH but it's been pretty stagnant the past like 6 or so months. Steen needs to hurry up and win the title because I really couldn't give a poo poo about Davey's title reign anymore.

poo poo, Eddie should never have lost the title.The entire story of Davey/Eddie was that everyone thought Eddie was the Janetty of the American Wolves. He goes up against the Michaels and........ loses. Remember the hype and excitement surrounding Eddie's title win? All gone. All for nothing.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

Dammit! My subscription lapsed and I'm flat broke. I wanna' hear it!

It's free one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Thanks to everybody who recommended Talking Shop - it's fun hearing these guys shooting the poo poo and frequently revealing just what happy wrestling nerds they are. Sometimes the voices/catchphrases get a litte too much, but it's all worth it for stories like Terry Funk mistaking Luke Gallows (I think it was him) for a 20+ year veteran from the territory days, or the time they got awkwardly stuck in catering while Triple H was teasing Jeff Hardy who had no idea how to respond, and they ended up throwing their food in the trash and running away :laugh:

My favourite bit has to be from the second-most-recent one in finding out that Howard Finkel gives kayfabe advice for wrestlers when telling them their bookings.

"And Drew. One more thing..."
"What is it Fink?"
"What out for that CHOKEslam! Goodbye."

• Locked thread