Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wildmamboqueen
May 31, 2001

mad about the mage
The Great Twist
Are you listing to this? This guy is crazy. By any sense of the word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wildmamboqueen
May 31, 2001

mad about the mage
The Great Twist
Why are they not addressing the obvious?

EDIT gently caress the White House.

wildmamboqueen fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 22, 2011

wildmamboqueen
May 31, 2001

mad about the mage
The Great Twist
I',m all for beat poetry, but geeze. How is this gonna stop?

wildmamboqueen
May 31, 2001

mad about the mage
The Great Twist

Ace Oliveira posted:

So, when did Gaddafi's speech end? And how long was it? Because holy poo poo, it seemed like it was never going to end. It felt like eternity. Fortunately, God smiled upon me, and made my internet connection stop working for a few hours. I guess I was lucky.

No, he was crazy. I watched the whole thing on AJE, and quite frankly, he was nuts.

wildmamboqueen
May 31, 2001

mad about the mage
The Great Twist
Can I ask? Where is Anon on this?

wildmamboqueen
May 31, 2001

mad about the mage
The Great Twist

The Brown Menace posted:

Still in basements throughout the US and Europe?
I really want the basement dwellers to rise up and make a stand. Come on Anon!

wildmamboqueen
May 31, 2001

mad about the mage
The Great Twist

Thank you. Sharing this.

wildmamboqueen
May 31, 2001

mad about the mage
The Great Twist

Steve Yun posted:

Is that a pimp or a church grandma

Okay, that is funny.

wildmamboqueen
May 31, 2001

mad about the mage
The Great Twist
WTF is going on? Can someone explain to me cause I am baffled.

wildmamboqueen
May 31, 2001

mad about the mage
The Great Twist
Asking this now, will someone shoot him? They are calling for it on the street.

wildmamboqueen
May 31, 2001

mad about the mage
The Great Twist

Nenonen posted:

Torture is a terrible thing, and it's too loving common in developing countries like Egypt, but even in developed countries like Russia it happens time to time. And it doesn't help that certain rich countries have both used or condoned torture themselves and delivered prisoners to Egypt among other places fully knowing that they will be tortured, all in the name of T.W.A.T.

I was in a torture seminar where a nurse from a centre specialized on therapy for torture victims described some of the various things done to people. Eg. the bottom of feet are beaten with a stick, which may sound bad already, but it's worse in the long run. Eventually the feet will start to lose their delicate elastic structure due to all the swelling and soft tissue turning hard, and when that happens you can't walk properly any more because after a hundred steps your feet are in insufferable pain. And the damage can't be repaired or healed.

Still is harsh. Thanks for sharing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wildmamboqueen
May 31, 2001

mad about the mage
The Great Twist
Not in his name. gently caress this.

I have been following this thread since the beginning, and learned a lot. I've come to the conclusion that \geopolitics, like political cartooning, it's bad and it only gets worse. I do not have enough 80's music to make the pain go away.

Debating politics is truly a young man's game, when you reach a certain age, unless you are truly in the fray, it becomes an exercise of bile. Think about that when you cluck at the old people. It took me a long time to realize how far mere passion will go. We are just so sick of beating our heads against the wall when it does nothing.

When I was a kid, it was all about nuclear war. Now it's about terrorism, or whatever boogieman is here. Do you feel the hackles rise up?

The nebulous "they" do this to us on purpose. They keep us in poverty and punish us for it. Colonialism, we deserve it because we are somehow subhuman. The colour of our skin, our last name, whatever we call a deity.

I will never be like Sean. I gave up a long time ago on the human condition. He didn't. I bawled my eyes out on what he did in the course of his life, and how much it impacted people. We really lost someone we really couldn't need to lose.

• Locked thread