Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It just boggles the mind that because Terry loving Jones makes some low-budget that nobody has heard of because only crazies pay attention to him, it actually incited riots.

Terry should go over there himself and deal with the violent uproar, but that would put him in danger. gently caress that, let's just put the people already over there in harm's way!

gently caress Terry Jones.

edit: And I fully realize that it's just how it is, especially after the Dutch comic strip deal, but it annoys me to no end that this rear end in a top hat in Florida is doing this on purpose and will probably feel none of the retaliation personally.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

New Division posted:

It wasn't Terry Jones that produced the movie in question.
You're right, but there were some news reports originally saying it was Jones who produced it. Some of them have corrected, but Jones has still been involved in a promotional role. I still stand by what I said about him.

They have the video here:

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/09/heres-the-movie-that-egyptians-just-stormed-the-us-embassy-over/262225/

The video itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sQPRtS2h7k

It's like Command and Conquer meets The Ten Commandments

edit:
code:
Man + X = Islamic Terrorist

shyduck fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 12, 2012

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

We can't censor free speech simply because there's a part of the world that simply doesn't understand what it is.

I think they don't understand why the US government didn't crack down, because that's what their own governments would do, so by that, they see it as something sponsored by the US government.

• Locked thread