Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Christina Arugula
Aug 10, 2004
How do you like your lawn? Broiled or charred?
Ramrod XTreme

Nihiliste posted:

I really hope another protest succeeds in toppling an autocrat soon, the region needs it to solidify momentum.

I'd say Bahrain, considering the tweets I'm reading from there have far far more venom that anything I ever read from Egypt, I'd say they're going to topple the king or the king will have no subjects (because he killed them all).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christina Arugula
Aug 10, 2004
Ramrod XTreme
For good info on the ground in Bahrain http://twitter.com/angryarabiya If you want to add them to the OP, I've been getting the bulk of my info from them.

Christina Arugula
Aug 10, 2004
Ramrod XTreme
Not really middle east but still certainly interesting.
http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_17431486?nclick_check=1

Apparently there are calls in China for their own protests. Knowing the Chinese Government, they will arrest and/or kill everyone involved. Still I know they have major problems, so this could be interesting.

Also Anon has started up #OpChina.

Christina Arugula fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 20, 2011

Christina Arugula
Aug 10, 2004
Ramrod XTreme

Nuclear Spoon posted:

For anyone who didn't see the YouTube video I posted earlier, it's been put on Facebook apparently.

:siren:WARNING: hosed UP poo poo:siren:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=203209353028633&oid=197898230226131&comments&ref=mf

gently caress this. gently caress all of it.

gently caress them. I hope they all burn for what they have done. This is...I don't even have a word for how loving barbaric it is. Nothing I can say or express can properly convey how much rage I feel that someone/anyone can do that to another person.

Christina Arugula
Aug 10, 2004
Ramrod XTreme

Al-Saqr posted:

I felt like trying my hand at a political drawing so I sketched this up quick.

Any thoughts? I might do more on tunisia and egypt soon.

I know this was a few pages back, but this is awesome. Please do more.

If push came to shove, China wouldn't give a poo poo what the UN said, but I can see what is being said about setting a precedent (wouldn't want to set one where governments can get punished or anything). Besides, the whole world is so hooked on their cheap poo poo that the Western governments and all the people who shop at Walmart will come out in support of keeping children enslaved to make their crap.

• Locked thread