Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«389 »
L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Our little gremlin had his 2 week checkup and apparently isn't getting fat enough for the doctor despite eating seemingly all the time. My wife is already back at her pre-pregnancy weight and from what I'm reading that might be part of the problem if she isn't eating enough calories?

Are there any good resources for breastfeeding/ mom diet that aren't preachy propoganda for the organic food stores? Everywhere we've looked has just been a pile of garbage shaming people who eat normal food.

Also the little dude has learned that when he needs a diaper change I'm gonna be the one to do it so he starts staring at me guiltily and then when I get up or acknowledge him he hides his face to not get taken to the changing table. It's cute and hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Cat Farm
Oct 20, 2010

I can smell your pussy, Clarice.

My baby is 4 months old and they’re still telling us she isn’t fat enough. She’s in the 6th percentile for weight. She’s super healthy, happy and she eats.

It’s hard to gauge what you should be worried about and what you shouldn’t worry about. Don’t stress too much over it. In my opinion, just do what the doctor’s ask of you and try to reassure your wife.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Bloody Cat Farm posted:

My baby is 4 months old and they’re still telling us she isn’t fat enough. She’s in the 6th percentile for weight. She’s super healthy, happy and she eats.

It’s hard to gauge what you should be worried about and what you shouldn’t worry about. Don’t stress too much over it. In my opinion, just do what the doctor’s ask of you and try to reassure your wife.

They're telling us to pump extra and try and give him ~8-10 extra ounces a day on top of what he normally eats, but he drinks her dry every feeding so there's no extra to pump. And he won't sleep for more than 30-40m in the crib before he pees himself, wakes up and is hungry again.

Bloody Cat Farm
Oct 20, 2010

I can smell your pussy, Clarice.

L0cke17 posted:

They're telling us to pump extra and try and give him ~8-10 extra ounces a day on top of what he normally eats, but he drinks her dry every feeding so there's no extra to pump. And he won't sleep for more than 30-40m in the crib before he pees himself, wakes up and is hungry again.

I feel for you both. I had low milk supply, too. We ended up supplementing with formula, especially at night. It allowed one of us to get some rest while the other person fed the baby and changed them. I’m not sure how you both feel about formula, but honestly, it helped us so much.

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour

L0cke17 posted:

Sounds like formula or donated milk is in the future. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with supplementing. In retrospect I wish I had given my baby supplements, I think it would have helped all of us.

«389 »