Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chknflvrdramen
Sep 11, 2007
Making the world a better place... with cookies!
I have endo and had abdominal pain, not really cramping, through most of the first trimester that then subsided. I didn't have cramps at all my first two post-partum periods and still rarely even take tylenol for them, almost two years out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

opie posted:

I was convinced I was having a boy the whole time and really just couldn't imagine having a girl, and didn't find out she was a girl until birth. I was very surprised, but pretty drugged up and not caring much. My husband was really disappointed I think. But after a while we couldn't imagine having anything else.

Although this time if I don't have a boy my husband might not take it so well. We don't even have a girl named picked out. It seems like the ones I like have already been taken by cousins or coworkers, or they're in the top 10 of popular baby names. As a Jennifer born in the 70s, I'm a little sensitive to that.

My sister-in-law posted her positive test stick on facebook the day she found out she was pregnant. A few days later she posted that she's already showing. Personally I would tell my parents right away and maybe some strangers on the internet, but not everyone else I know. I'm also a little ticked that I have to share this pregnancy with her just like the last, even though it's a dumb thing to be mad about I suppose. Maybe it's because my brother always insists that (more) kids are not in their future, and then when I get knocked up they do.

Maybe if I have another girl I should steal the name they picked. It's the "Jennifer" of this decade though.

My missus was SURE it was a girl, and it turned out to be, but 50/50 odds, right? We also tried to dodge the name thing, but have already run into three other Eleanors which is weird to me.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

Winson_Paine posted:

My missus was SURE it was a girl, and it turned out to be, but 50/50 odds, right? We also tried to dodge the name thing, but have already run into three other Eleanors which is weird to me.

We plan on using either Eleanor or Evelyn if we end up with another girl. I have no idea why Eleanor is super popular now, but we have an old family friend that was one of the most amazing people I'd ever met. :colbert:

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

bamzilla posted:

We plan on using either Eleanor or Evelyn if we end up with another girl. I have no idea why Eleanor is super popular now, but we have an old family friend that was one of the most amazing people I'd ever met. :colbert:

Uh oh. I've said for years now I'm going to use Eleanor because I'm a huge Beatles fan and love old fashion names. But I see this popping up more and more and I don't want a kid who's name is in the top 50. Would I be a bad person if I named her Prudence?

Also, my husband loves the name Athena. What say you guys?

Also also, Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread. I'm 7 weeks along with my first kid. Already had an ultrasound and everything. Due date is 02/17/11. Also, I found out today my sister is 8 weeks pregnant with her second. WOW! Kind of cool!

Bodnoirbabe fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jul 4, 2011

kibble
Dec 31, 2003
all kibble - none of the bits

Bodnoirbabe posted:

Uh oh. I've said for years now I'm going to use Eleanor because I'm a huge Beatles fan and love old fashion names.

We chose Eleanor as a middle name for that reason. We are both Beatles fans, but we chose Eleanor after Mrs. Roosevelt.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

Bodnoirbabe posted:

Uh oh. I've said for years now I'm going to use Eleanor because I'm a huge Beatles fan and love old fashion names. But I see this popping up more and more and I don't want a kid who's name is in the top 50. Would I be a bad person if I named her Prudence?

Also also, Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread. I'm 7 weeks along with my first kid. Already had an ultrasound and everything. Due date is 02/17/11. Also, I found out today my sister is 8 weeks pregnant with her second. WOW! Kind of cool!

Prudence just makes me think of prude and prudish ;( But I'm an internet stranger, don't listen to me ;) Love Athena!

Oh and congrats! :toot:

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist

Bodnoirbabe posted:

You could use Rita or Penny or Lucy or Joan (that one might be stretching it). And congratulations!

Tesla Insanely Coil
Jul 23, 2006

Ask me why I'm not squatting.
For the person who was asking about book recommendations, I asked about a week before Father's Day so you shouldn't have to look back too far. My husband liked what I got him but so far he's read only the finances section.

As far as baby names, I'm kind of hoping for a girl because I love the girl name we've picked out - Rosalind Valentina - Rosalind after the woman who discovered the structure of DNA and Valentina after the first woman astronaut. I wanted a strong girl name after we came up with several strong boy names. Finding one was harder than I thought, but after researching names so much I've become attached.

And for the post above me, Rita, Penny, and Lucy are nicknames for other names which widens the name pool further.

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

Fire In The Disco posted:

You could use Rita or Penny or Lucy or Joan (that one might be stretching it). And congratulations!

Rita is his mother's name and penny is my step mothers name. Ha! The others are so...boring.

I don't know. I've got a long way to go to figure it out though. Although I'm fairly confidant if it's a boy, he'll be named Maxwell.

So far I think I've been fairly lucky. Not the worst first trimester, if others horror stories are to be believed. The biggest problem I have is heartburn. Last week it was ridiculously bad, causing me to skip work. But I think it's due to my having gone off Prilosec cold turkey and switching to Tums. The tums work just fine now, and I've only thrown up once. I'm extremely tired though. But no insomnia and no headaches.

Is it too early to switch to a maternity bra? My breasts, when no in bra feel just fine, a bit tender, but nothing horrible. I'd say less than even PMS. But if I've been wearing a normal under wire bra all day, by the end they are killing me at the slightest touch!

This whole thing I find fascinating from a clinical stand point. I'm not in awe at the majesty of the female body. More, everything I read or hear about I just think "Cool!". I wouldn't say that' I'm ambivalent about the pregnancy, because I'm definitely excited, but I am more interested in the science behind it all. Dividing cells and poo poo.

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist
I switched to nursing bras pretty early because they hurt too much to wear underwire. I got the Bravado Body Silk Seamless because they come in S,M,L, etc. sizes so they have room for growth (and you will get growth...LOL). I still use them now, with my 15 month old, for nursing.

Janelle
Apr 5, 2004

Fire In The Disco posted:

I switched to nursing bras pretty early because they hurt too much to wear underwire. I got the Bravado Body Silk Seamless because they come in S,M,L, etc. sizes so they have room for growth (and you will get growth...LOL). I still use them now, with my 15 month old, for nursing.

A friend of mine used hers for 4 days, then stopped nursing so she gave it to me in a bag of all her pregnancy clothes. The best bra ever! I bought a couple different ones in addition to the one she gave me and by far, the bravado is my favorite. I will wear it, wash and dry it at night then wear it the next day.

starshine
Nov 26, 2007

Bodnoirbabe posted:

I don't know. I've got a long way to go to figure it out though. Although I'm fairly confidant if it's a boy, he'll be named Maxwell.
Sup Beatles name buddy! Mr. starshine was pretty set on naming a son Maxwell if we were having a boy, even though I don't think it really works at all with our last name. We ended up going with Julia, a lesser-known song, but the first one that played on shuffle the day we found out we were expecting. There are a ton of names to be found in Beatles songs, though! By the way, congrats to the newly pregnant. Looks like we'll have another crop of springtime goonbabies next year! :3:

Hydrogenated
Apr 9, 2010
Well my girlfriend is pregnant, about one month. Came as a surprise and took a couple days to get over the shock. Now the excitement has set in, and we have started getting ready to look at everything we need, and all that fun stuff. It's also been interesting reading through this thread, and learning about everything. Going to check out a few of the books listed throughout the last few pages so I won't be completely lost when the baby arrives.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
Any suggestions on a chew toy (ha!) for my 11 week old?

Edit: whoops. Fat fingers on phone.

foxatee fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 5, 2011

chknflvrdramen
Sep 11, 2007
Making the world a better place... with cookies!

foxatee posted:

Any suggestions on a chew toy (ha!) for my 13 week old?

Dip a corner of a baby washcloth in water, freeze it, give to baby. A baby spoon is also great.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Hydrogenated posted:

Well my girlfriend is pregnant, about one month. Came as a surprise and took a couple days to get over the shock. Now the excitement has set in, and we have started getting ready to look at everything we need, and all that fun stuff. It's also been interesting reading through this thread, and learning about everything. Going to check out a few of the books listed throughout the last few pages so I won't be completely lost when the baby arrives.

Congrats! Not to worry, you will be completely lost when the baby arrives anyway but that is part of the gig.

Man, ours will be three months on the 11th, and I will be EXILED from the thread.

MoCookies
Apr 22, 2005

I have some questions for y'all about practical pregnancy nutrition.

I'm now 21 weeks pregnant, and everything is going pretty smoothly so far. Baby's growing fine, my midwives are nice, I've mostly stopped puking, etc.

However, I'm a little concerned about my weight gain, since I was overweight to begin with (but had lost ~40 lbs over the previous 8 months). So far, I've gained 12 lbs, and roughly a pound a week for the last 6 weeks or so. I keep seeing 11-20 lbs as the recommended weight gain at my BMI, and it just doesn't seem like that's even possible for me at this point. I know I need to be getting more vegetables in daily (I tend to get 4-5 servings of produce a day), but all I can think about is eating carbs and fast food. Most days I manage pretty well and my eating isn't out of control, but I still seem to be gaining faster than I 'should.' I'm eating plenty of fruits and dairy, at least. I'm a good cook, which is part of the problem - I can whip up something delicious and high-cal really quickly, which is not helping my dietary self-control. Trying to get excited about eating whole grains and steamed veggies is pretty tough when I can't even see a picture of a cheeseburger without fixating on it for the rest of the day. I'm keeping a food journal again to help keep me honest and motivated, but I'm still struggling.

How did you ladies manage? Did you gain the 'recommended' amount for your weight? I'd love some tips, hope, encouragement, and/or a reality check.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

MoCookies posted:

I have some questions for y'all about practical pregnancy nutrition.

I'm now 21 weeks pregnant, and everything is going pretty smoothly so far. Baby's growing fine, my midwives are nice, I've mostly stopped puking, etc.

However, I'm a little concerned about my weight gain, since I was overweight to begin with (but had lost ~40 lbs over the previous 8 months). So far, I've gained 12 lbs, and roughly a pound a week for the last 6 weeks or so. I keep seeing 11-20 lbs as the recommended weight gain at my BMI, and it just doesn't seem like that's even possible for me at this point. I know I need to be getting more vegetables in daily (I tend to get 4-5 servings of produce a day), but all I can think about is eating carbs and fast food. Most days I manage pretty well and my eating isn't out of control, but I still seem to be gaining faster than I 'should.' I'm eating plenty of fruits and dairy, at least. I'm a good cook, which is part of the problem - I can whip up something delicious and high-cal really quickly, which is not helping my dietary self-control. Trying to get excited about eating whole grains and steamed veggies is pretty tough when I can't even see a picture of a cheeseburger without fixating on it for the rest of the day. I'm keeping a food journal again to help keep me honest and motivated, but I'm still struggling.

How did you ladies manage? Did you gain the 'recommended' amount for your weight? I'd love some tips, hope, encouragement, and/or a reality check.

I gained in the very upper range of "recommended" weight gain I think (it was hard to get a definite number for exactly how much was recommended). I ate pretty healthy, but I was hungry a lot. I just figured that my body was telling me how much it needed and tried not to stress over it. Lots of it was water I think, and the rest came off with breastfeeding. Something that helped me when I craved unhealthy stuff was allowing myself to have a small amount and then get something healthy that I seldom eat. Like, I wanted ice cream, so I had some, and then I ate a mango, something I seldom eat because it's often a bit expensive. I did the food journal too, so that I could track calories, but I didn't restrict calories as long as they came from healthy food.

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
Personally, I wouldn't stress it. For most women, breastfeeding helps take weight off (though this isn't universally true), and pretty much every woman I know loses a bunch of weight in the first few months after the baby's born. I also have a theory that women are predisposed to gain a lot or only gain a little. Both my mom and sister only gained a little bit during their pregnancies, and even though I ate a ton, I only gained about 15 lbs total during mine.

starshine
Nov 26, 2007
I wouldn't worry too much about the number on the scale - the more important thing is the balance of your diet. If you're overweight you're more likely to develop gestational diabetes during pregnancy, so do your best to take it easy on the carbs. If you eat foods with a low glycemic index and gain weight, it's just going to happen! I had bad morning sickness so I started my pregnancy at 143, dropped down to 125 by week 12, and was 168 at my last appointment a couple days before Julia was born... so I technically only gained 25 pounds but I really gained 43 pounds in 26 weeks. It sounds bad when you put it that way, but the weight has really fallen off most everywhere since giving birth! It may not be the case for overweight women, but my midwives actually didn't care one bit about how much weight I was gaining. Weighing myself and recording the weight was a totally optional part of prenatal care! Don't stress too much :shobon:

MoCookies
Apr 22, 2005

Thanks, y'all. I'm just going to try to keep the carbs to a minimum and stay as active as possible, and hope the rest sorts itself out during breastfeeding.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

starshine posted:

my midwives actually didn't care one bit about how much weight I was gaining. Weighing myself and recording the weight was a totally optional part of prenatal care! Don't stress too much :shobon:

My doctor didn't care either but he still recorded my weight and he explained that it was just in case it did something really weird like suddenly drop a ton or increase 3x speed which could indicate a problem and need to be checked out.

Regarding post partum weight loss, in my experience it can be really busy so I often forgot to eat. That helped with weight loss but it's not the healthiest way I'm sure ;( Keep some healthy snacks around like nuts and dried fruit, breastfeeding can make you suddenly ravenous. If you live in an area where it's possible, go for walks with the baby! It's good for you both and helps you get back in shape.

bilabial trill fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 7, 2011

Chicken McNobody
Aug 7, 2009
I actually haven't gained any weight, to my surprise--in fact, I lost 5 lbs during my morning sickness. I'm only 12 weeks, and plan to ask my doctor about it when I go for my checkup tomorrow, but I shouldn't have anything to worry about, right? (I was already a fatty, that makes a difference, right?)

legbeard
Jun 13, 2006
Had another ultrasound today. Apparently, I will be having twins.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

legbeard posted:

That's so cool!. At work the other day I saw a lady pregnant with twins and her belly just looked impossibly big. It almost looked fake.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

legbeard posted:

Whoo, twins! We were SUSPECTED of twins but it turns out fibroids are tricky creatures. So are you excited for this? Twins seem pretty overwhelming but on the other hand I would only have to deal with this newborn business once...

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful

Chicken McNobody posted:

I actually haven't gained any weight, to my surprise--in fact, I lost 5 lbs during my morning sickness. I'm only 12 weeks, and plan to ask my doctor about it when I go for my checkup tomorrow, but I shouldn't have anything to worry about, right? (I was already a fatty, that makes a difference, right?)

Completely normal, as far as I've read! I know recommended weight for 'normal' weight is 1-4.5 lbs, so you should be fine. Meanwhile, i'm overweight and all I want to eat is sherbet, cheese, and ciabatta. If one more person tells me to keep some drat crackers by my bed, I'm going to snap.

Tesla Insanely Coil
Jul 23, 2006

After feeling awful the first month, I wanted to be pregnant with twins so that I could have my two babies right away and never be pregnant again. Even after my first ultrasound, I was hoping I was having twins and that the second one was tucked behind the first one, but I had my second ultrasound a week ago and there was only one. :saddowns:

I seem to be on the opposite side of the unhealthy eating spectrum compared to what the other ladies here are saying. I was almost underweight when I got pregnant and my doctor said I couldn't lose any weight and now at 14 weeks, I've lost around 15 pounds maybe more. Ugh, but the nausea is finally tapering off with medication.

Prolonged Shame
Sep 5, 2004

I'm 17 weeks along and have gained about 15 lbs so far. I spent my first trimester mercifully morning sickness-free and in the 'I can eat whatever I want because I'm pregnant' mindset. Once I got that out of my system and realized that a cheese quesadilla and glass of chocolate milk isn't exactly a healthy dinner I've settled back down into more reasonable eating habits. My doctor is unconcerned - he just monitors it for drastic changes.

In other news, I have my anatomy ultrasound coming up and can finally find out the gender of the baby!

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007

legbeard posted:

Wow, congratulations!

legbeard
Jun 13, 2006

Winson_Paine posted:

Whoo, twins! We were SUSPECTED of twins but it turns out fibroids are tricky creatures. So are you excited for this? Twins seem pretty overwhelming but on the other hand I would only have to deal with this newborn business once...

I'm pretty nervous and scared. I am going to be a single mom of twins. I'll have help from my parents, and a couple friends. But the parenting is all on me. I thought I was scared before. Now it's doubled. I am happy though that when they are older that they will have each other.

yawnie
Jul 29, 2003
lollerz.
Congratulations, legbeard! In your shoes I would be both terrified and excited. You will do great.

I have a question for those who have given birth in a hospital before. We have two hospitals to choose from, and yesterday we had our first tour at the bigger and more popular one (voted 'Best Hospital To Have A Baby' for 9 years in a row). We'll tour the other one in a few weeks. I liked a lot of what I saw about this hospital, they have good breastfeeding support, the delivery room is VERY nice (the postpartum room.. not so much), the nurses were friendly, etc. But one thing that really put me off was they were explaining the rooming-in procedure, saying that your baby could stay with you in the postpartum room for your whole stay, but she said they require all babies to go to the nursery from 6am-9am every morning so that the pediatricians can check them over.

Is that normal? It really put me off because I want to exclusively breastfeed, and if my baby is away from me for 3 hours, I can only assume they will be feeding him and I'm not okay with that. She also kept mentioning that the nurses would be "in and out of the room to feed and take care of the baby" during our stay. But.. I don't want them to feed the baby. I'm just worried that I will run into this at both hospitals and I don't want to feel like I'm fighting with the nurses to get them to leave my baby alone. I really appreciate having the help available if I'm tired and I need it, but I don't want to be sleeping and wake up to one of the nurses trying to give my baby a bottle, or taking him away for three hours in the morning.

Anyways, just curious about others experiences with this.

Tesla Insanely Coil
Jul 23, 2006

Prolonged Shame posted:

I'm 17 weeks along and have gained about 15 lbs so far. I spent my first trimester mercifully morning sickness-free and in the 'I can eat whatever I want because I'm pregnant' mindset. Once I got that out of my system and realized that a cheese quesadilla and glass of chocolate milk isn't exactly a healthy dinner I've settled back down into more reasonable eating habits. My doctor is unconcerned - he just monitors it for drastic changes.

In other news, I have my anatomy ultrasound coming up and can finally find out the gender of the baby!

You mentioned chocolate milk! I would love to pass on the info I have about chocolate milk. Months ago I visited a nutritionist and she told me that chocolate milk is now considered a terrific post-workout drink. The healthiest version is to use skim milk and stir in cocoa that isn't dutch processed (so not very sweet).

When I went to my first prenatal appointment and talked with my doctor about my eating habits (as in, I wasn't eating) she said to drink whole chocolate milk three times a day as that would be a good way for me to get the protein I needed while I was throwing up most of my food. I compared my chocolate milk brand to meal supplement drinks like Ensure and Boost and there is almost the same amount of protein per serving.

I think the information about the "healthiness" of chocolate milk is relatively new so I thought I would pass it along.

Here is an article that quotes the chocolate milk study:
http://www.askmen.com/sports/bodybuilding_200/247_fitness_tip.html

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010
Congrats on the twins!

On the weight gain, I hit 12 weeks today and I've lost 6 lbs. I'm supposed to only gain 15 lbs which I think might be doable but we'll see. I figure I'll do what my body tells me to do and try to curb the fried foods as much as possible.

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007

yawnie posted:

Congratulations, legbeard! In your shoes I would be both terrified and excited. You will do great.

I have a question for those who have given birth in a hospital before. We have two hospitals to choose from, and yesterday we had our first tour at the bigger and more popular one (voted 'Best Hospital To Have A Baby' for 9 years in a row). We'll tour the other one in a few weeks. I liked a lot of what I saw about this hospital, they have good breastfeeding support, the delivery room is VERY nice (the postpartum room.. not so much), the nurses were friendly, etc. But one thing that really put me off was they were explaining the rooming-in procedure, saying that your baby could stay with you in the postpartum room for your whole stay, but she said they require all babies to go to the nursery from 6am-9am every morning so that the pediatricians can check them over.

Is that normal? It really put me off because I want to exclusively breastfeed, and if my baby is away from me for 3 hours, I can only assume they will be feeding him and I'm not okay with that. She also kept mentioning that the nurses would be "in and out of the room to feed and take care of the baby" during our stay. But.. I don't want them to feed the baby. I'm just worried that I will run into this at both hospitals and I don't want to feel like I'm fighting with the nurses to get them to leave my baby alone. I really appreciate having the help available if I'm tired and I need it, but I don't want to be sleeping and wake up to one of the nurses trying to give my baby a bottle, or taking him away for three hours in the morning.

I have heard similar things before. The hospital where I gave birth had mandatory nursery time for the first day only, and I simply told them, "No." It worked just fine for me, so I would call or go on another tour and ask about it. It should be your choice, and if it's not, it would make me think very hard about my choices for hospitals at which to deliver.

If they say it absolutely has to happen, then as long as you've had a regular vaginal delivery, there's no reason why you can go to the nursery yourself for those three hours. However, since there's no way to predict what kind of delivery you'll have, I wouldn't count on that one 100%.

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009

Bodnoirbabe posted:

Is it too early to switch to a maternity bra? My breasts, when no in bra feel just fine, a bit tender, but nothing horrible. I'd say less than even PMS. But if I've been wearing a normal under wire bra all day, by the end they are killing me at the slightest touch!

Bit late to the party, but Bravado also makes a "basics" line for Target that's around $20-25. I just picked up one similar to the Silk seamless (which I also own and is awesome) but less structured. I really like it and it's great for late pregnancy when your band size, cup size, and sensitivity seem to fluctuate by the minute.

In other news, I can't decide if I want to have this baby NOW or never at all. I'm hoping that when the time comes, I'll just want the whole drat thing over with.

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful
Just got back from the hospital with heavy bleeding--the baby is still fine and at the right age and its heart is beating, but part of the placenta detached. I guess all I can do is lie flat and wait to find out which way it's going to go. The bleeding seems to have at least slowed greatly now, but we're still so scared.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

yawnie posted:

Just say no. The pediatrician only checked my baby once and we were there the whole time. They don't need to check on the baby for 3 hours every day, wtf (as long as there's nothing seriously wrong with the baby). I'd go to a mother-child friendly hospital if there are any (http://www.unicef.org/programme/breastfeeding/baby.htm)

Chicken McNobody
Aug 7, 2009

Bodnoirbabe posted:

I don't even care if it's too early or not, I've already ordered some and should be receiving the first one today (it is apparently really hard to find I-cup maternity bras, god drat my huge knockers to hell). But then, I started wearing some maternity clothes the week after I found out I was pregnant--even when I was skinny, I had a very rounded tummy (people would often ask if I was pregnant) so I find maternity things really comfortable and more flattering than regular fat-girl clothes. So YMMV.

Also, holy crap, I have a tiny demon inside me :black101: Maybe I'm gestating Spawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yawnie
Jul 29, 2003
lollerz.

Panne posted:

I'd go to a mother-child friendly hospital if there are any (http://www.unicef.org/programme/breastfeeding/baby.htm)

Well, I can only choose between the two hospitals where my doctor has privileges. That's a pretty standard thing around here - Some OB/GYNs don't even give you an option, they deliver at one hospital and one hospital only.