Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
My son was born yesterday afternoon around 5pm, it most definitely felt real to me after seeing him for the first time. Water broke around 3-4 am, a little blood in the toilet, no yellow fluid, very subtle and my gf felt a little off but wasn't sure, I figured her instinct that something was abnormal meant it was time and quickly arranged the bags and went to hospital. Hospital policy meant I couldn't be bedside until her covid test came through at 2pm, by that time her cervix reached 8cm and pain was quite intense and ramping up considerably, and she didn't sleep much beforehand so very tired. No epidural, only had 50% n2o/50% o2 to cope with, probably mostly placebo since at most the effect would be lower due to tolerance anyway. Hk policy is to cut the perineum which sounds horrible but really helped a lot, would've really hated to see her struggle until she teared it open herself. Very cute too see my son being a little drool machine. Overall, I feel survivors guilt for seeing her go through so much for me. If there's any tips for food and how to treat first month post partum it would be greatly appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Nessa posted:

Seconding this and recommending one of those inflatable donut pillows to sit on. They weren’t available at my hospital, so after a third degree tear and needing a catheter, I was basically immobile while at the hospital. My call button was kinda broken too, so I couldn’t even care for my crying newborn as I couldn’t so much as turn my body and nurses took forever to come help. Honestly, the one night I spent in the hospital afterwards was more traumatic than the birth.

drat, im really sorry to hear this

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
My gf didn't get an epidural either despite asking, I assume the public hospital didn't want to risk any instrumental use or something. She was really suffering towards the end unnecessarily, and reading all the BabyBumps reddit stories about how they all had epidurals on tap and felt nothing is just infuriating after the fact

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Hadlock posted:

Yeah, take like, 10x as many photos as you think you do

Take at least 2 minutes of video each day

In six months you end up with like 20 good photos and 3 or 4 min of good video. But it's worth it.

Sleep deprivation fucks with memory formation. Take the photo.

I thought we had enough photo of our kid as a little newborn

Six months later we realised our mistake since he grew up to be a big boy so fast