Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.

vanessa posted:

I don't really care for such strong words

...Then why are you on the SA forums of all places?

What could possibly be wrong with taking the pictures and just not showing them to anyone, if you're so absolutely insecure with yourself (and self-centered to boot--the birth is not realllly about you) that no one is allowed to see you in the happiest moment of your life without eyeliner on? I have video and pictures of my daughter being born, and I look fat as hell with a pale face and blonde eyebrows and eyelashes, my cheeks and eyes red as can be because I'm sobbing with joy and holding my infant daughter. It's the happiest picture of me, and I'm glad I didn't take time to do my makeup and hair and make a Facebook duckface while holding the baby up.

chachu fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 13, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

Moms Stuffing posted:

Zoloft and antibiotics. Pretty common.

You mean Zofran, I think.

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

Gumby Orgy posted:

Pregnancy is just sucking a whole lot for me. I'm no longer excited about it, which is normal considering what's going on. I'm not a weepy mess - I don't cry if I burn toast, I don't worry about my appointments, and I don't stress out over small things like laundry. If I start having issues with normal, everyday things, I will definitely take your advice and seek a therapist. I didn't think asking about the condition would start a shitstorm. Lesson learned.

Your condition is called "being pregnant". You throw up (a lot). Hyperemesis gravidarum literally means "throwing up a lot during pregnancy". That's what you do in pregnancy. You feel like poo poo. You cry over everything. You're super emotional. You seriously need to chill lest the next 32 weeks of your pregnancy give you a nervous breakdown. Might I suggest http://livejournal.com?

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

American Jello posted:

Do any of y'all use a 'pregnancy pillow'? Is there a brand you swear by or stay away from? Do you just use a few regular body pillows? These things are like $50 and up so if they're a total waste then I may just get her a bunch of pillows. Something like this:

That thing would have been awesome during pregnancy (and even now), but I just used a million billion pillows to make a nest for myself. Also that woman is either a pregnant primordial dwarf or she's in the largest bed I've ever seen.

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

deviledseraphim posted:

I love you chachu, but screw you. Hyperemesis gravidarum is not the same as normal pregnancy at all. Now, there are lesser cases of it that go away after the start of the second trimester, and its highly possible that will happen to Gumby Orgy, but please don't falsely equate those two. It was so incredibly frustrating for me when I was pregnant to hear women say "oh, I had bad morning sickness too!" It's not the same thing. I couldn't eat at all, I could barely drink, I lost 20 lbs in a few weeks, I had to quit my job. (I was going to school full time as well at the time, and I did manage to do that but only with the help of understanding teachers) And while the worst only lasted a few weeks, I was dependent on the Zofran for six months just to keep food down and I STILL threw up half the time anyway. It was loving miserable.

Okay okay okay, I take that back. Sorry. My point still stands that perhaps Gumby Orgy could use somewhere to let her, uh, frustrations out.