Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lrigwoc
Aug 16, 2007
Reverse
Is there one pregnancy book in particular that anyone would recommend for the pregnancy itself and maybe the first couple of months? Amazon is...overwhelming, to say the least. I was hoping to find what basically amounts to a "pregnancy bible", but I am quickly beginning to realize that may not even exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lrigwoc
Aug 16, 2007
Reverse
Thanks for the suggestions, ya'll. I ended up getting a Dr. Sears book for now. Haven't decided on an actual pregnancy book.

And I'm the guy in this relationship.

Lrigwoc
Aug 16, 2007
Reverse

Miss Shell posted:

Just coming in to add that five week is quite early in terms of symptoms. It took me until about seven weeks before I started feeling sick and everything. So you may not even WANT to run that much if you're one of the unlucky ones who suffer from morning sickness (or sore boobs, or excessive tiredness). At nine weeks, all I could do was lie on the couch and sleep. :( And not jiggle around too much for fear of shaking all my stomach contents up.

My wife has not had the sickness, thankfully, and she is going on seven weeks now. Hopefully she just won't be affected by it. She has, however, had the sore breasts and excessive tiredness. This is her first pregnancy, and she knew before taking the test that she was pregnant (which is a pretty common thing, apparently).

As for my "going on seven weeks," we're not sure if that's entirely accurate, because I am thinking conception was about 2 or 3 weeks after taking her last birth control pill. She didn't have a "normal" period after stopping the pill (was on it for eight years).