Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Freebus
Sep 7, 2007

please do not shut down

El Mero Mero posted:

Does this thread double as the IVF/fertility questions thread? We're at about the 8 month mark and feeling pretty demoralized/starting to get ready to do research into fertility treatments and diagnoses.

Are there any resources/books that folks would recommend? Or things we should know upfront before we go down this route?

PLEASE talk to a reproductive endocrinologist. After 3 awful years of trying I saw a regular OB/GYN who did the standard hormone panel, transvaginal ultrasound, HSG, and semen analysis of my partner. She put me on 3 rounds of clomid unsupervised, which failed. I got a referral to a proper RE and was told I couldn't do any more clomid cycles as I was having visual disturbances at 100 and 150mg. First doc didn't warn me about that nor about ovarian hyperstimulation! Or the constipation! As was mentioned previously, sometimes simply having a hysterosalpingography (HSG) can flush out the tubes and result in an immediate pregnancy.

Dealing with infertility has been absolutely soul-crushing and I am sorry that you are going through it, too. I'm starting the IVF process next month and can share a cost breakdown/actual process if anybody is interested, as that getting knocked up thread seems kinda dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Freebus
Sep 7, 2007

please do not shut down

duck trucker posted:

In a perfect world it would have been but it took numerous doctor visits insisting on it, and I believe for insurance it was listed as necessary due to "anxiety". Our son was almost 7 lbs and my wife is very tiny, so if we had waited until her contractions began they more than likely would have had to do one anyway due to his size.

our daughter was a week overdue and came out 8lbs 4oz. i have a very petite build, my partner is a huge giant man. she got stuck in the birth canal for 4 hours. i learned my lesson for next time :)

Mr. Freebus
Sep 7, 2007

please do not shut down
ah what the hell, im pregnant again. my 10 month old is an IVF baby, didnt know i could get pregnant spontaneously like this. how bad is 2 under 2 going to be? i am pretty stressed out because our remaining embryos were all PGT screened and this one could have so many issues and i wont know until they do NIPT next week. hope the little bean is okay since they made it 9 weeks in the oven so far.

Mr. Freebus
Sep 7, 2007

please do not shut down
oops never followed up on my previous post! everything is genetically normal and i have way fewer doc visits with this pregnancy, which is nice (one year under the geriatric pregnancy cutoff :corsair: ). was under the impression that an anterior placenta meant you would feel less movement. this baby is somehow more active than my first and at 27 weeks things are starting to get violent in there. he seems to be sideways breech like his sister was up until the end. noticed that he jumbles around in there when my 14m old yells/cries, which is kind of cute...

Mr. Freebus
Sep 7, 2007

please do not shut down

HaitianDivorce posted:

Hey folks, my wife is about 30 weeks along with our first kid. Previously, she has noticed her belly can get a bit lop-sided when the kid is pushing in a particular direction, but now she is noticing her belly is lopsided all the time. Is this anything to be worried about?

i noticed this about halfway through my first pregnancy, right side of my abs stuck out farther especially when flexing. never went away postpartum, didnt affect my workouts or abdominal strength, and i didnt experience diastasis recti. its more obvious now because i am pregnant again but my OB didnt seem concerned. both pregnancies have had baby chilling transverse breech the majority of the time!

Mr. Freebus
Sep 7, 2007

please do not shut down

HaitianDivorce posted:

Much love and appreciation to you and everyone else who answered my post. My daughter was born 10 weeks premature around 2:45 this morning.

Turns out the listing to the side, the over fullness of her belly, and the breach position were all signs of a unicorn uterus which no one caught. With only one horn/tube developed in her uterus, my wife's body wasn't quite able to take her to term and she started gushing amniotic fluid at random last night.

I am with my wife in a postpartum unit recovering from her C-section in one hospital and our daughter is in a NICU in a different one. I went to see her this afternoon and she is terrifyingly tiny and fragile but seems to be getting along well. Hoping that she will be able to come home in late Feb/early March.

Thoughts and prayers if you have them, goons. Thanks again to everyone.

hope your family is doing well

Mr. Freebus
Sep 7, 2007

please do not shut down

Shoehead posted:

Looks like our baba is about 2cm short of where he should be at week 34. We've a scan soon, hopefully things are OK

i dont put too much faith in ultrasound measurements after my first. scans kept having her head circumference 20-30%ile and she decided instead to come out with a 99%ile head

HaitianDivorce posted:

Hey, thanks. It has been a hard few weeks, but things are looking ip. She's about 3 lbs 12 oz today. Wife is doing alright, though very concerned about both milk supply and making sure she's not getting our daughter sick. I think they're gonna try taking her off CPAP in the next day or so we are excited to get to see more of her little face :unsmith:

oh that is exciting news, is weaning CPAP the last step before she can breathe independently? hope she keeps making good progress :unsmith:

Mr. Freebus
Sep 7, 2007

please do not shut down
baby is still measuring 2 weeks ahead and is projected to be larger than my first, who got stuck for hours. doc won't let me schedule an induction at 39 weeks because they have a policy against scheduling unless you have 1cm dilation first. explained to them that at 40+6 last time i had no dilation or signs of labour and i am pretty traumatized from that induction / birth experience. hoping my body does SOMETHING in the next few weeks but not hopeful. get him out. get him OUT.

Mr. Freebus
Sep 7, 2007

please do not shut down

orange sky posted:

At this point you're probably willing to try anything so try eating dates, apparently it helps, and dates are good so it won't hurt anyway :)

eating 3 dates daily (yucky), drinking 2 cups of raspberry leaf tea daily (yucky), and chucking evening primrose oil capsules up me gash at night. going to start pumping at 38 weeks. i will defeat the baby.

Mr. Freebus
Sep 7, 2007

please do not shut down
seem to have lost part of my mucus plug last night, pelvis felt very achey. i had to be induced last time so im taking this as a good sign. unfortunately i didn't do anything to encourage labour because i immediately got really scared and want just a few more days with my daughter before disappearing to the hospital! im not ready!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Freebus
Sep 7, 2007

please do not shut down
went into labour a week early which was a surprise because i was induced at 41w last time. had a constant stabbing pain for an hour so i called my doc. they suggested i go to L+D asap because i mentioned reduced fetal movement. L+D takes a swab and blood and says you have no infections cya later. i start having very close together contractions on the monitor and theyre like yep you are and send me off.

im home maybe an hour before im doubled over from each wave of contractions and head back. they take me back immediately and im nearly fully dilated so im holding baby in while they try to fold me in half for an epidural. water broke on the poor nurse as this happens. little poo poo was sunny side up like his sister but it only took me 1h of pushing vs 4h last time. the searing pain i felt was a partial placental abruption. we are all home and recovering!

2 under 2 is WILD when you're torn to your butthole