Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

So I'd been feeling a bit "off" for the past couple weeks. I missed my period but didn't think much of it because my cycles have been unpredictable lately. But for the past two days I felt nauseated all day long so I went and bought a pregnancy test last night. Positive!

This comes as a complete surprise, but a happy one! This will be our second child. We're nervous but very excited.

However, I'm feeling very paranoid because this past month I've been partying more than usual. Alcohol consumption has averaged 2-3 fruit coolers most nights, with at least one occasion where I got full-fledged drunk. I've smoked weed & cigarettes here and there. But the worst part is that I took MDMA about two weeks ago. :ohdear: Fortunately it was pure MDMA, not mixed with speed or anything. But still, the timing couldn't be worse.

I know the first trimester is the most delicate, and now I'm torturing myself mulling over these awful choices that I made. Of course, we weren't planning this AT ALL and we used protection so I really had no idea. I still feel like poo poo, though.

My last period started in mid-March, so I suppose that would place me at six weeks? I'm going to buy another pregnancy test to confirm before I make a doctor's appointment, but I already know.

Please tell me I'm not the only mother here who partied before realizing they were pregnant. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

Thanks for all the replies, everyone! I'm really starting to chill out. I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for Friday so I'll ask her a few questions. I've never been to this doctor before, so is it really okay for me to tell her about the ecstasy? I don't want her getting the impression that I'm some kind of drug addict. I've read some posts in this thread about CPS getting involved when drug usage was revealed.

Also, I haven't yet bought a second pregnancy test. Is it really necessary or should I just wait to go the doctor? Is the 99% accuracy thing true?

Ana Lucia Cortez fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 2, 2011

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

Holy gently caress, I don't remember feeling tired at all with my first pregnancy, but this time around I'm experiencing EXTREME fatigue. I get 8-9 hours of sleep a night, I wake up feeling nice and refreshed, but after about 3 hours I feel like a walking zombie with a bag of sand dumped over my head. It feels almost physically impossible to stay awake.

I'm not "sleepy" per se... rather it's just a feeling of overwhelming weariness.

I work from home so I can really sleep whenever I want but every time I take a nap, I find it extremely hard to wake up. I just want to sleep all day. Then when I do wake up, I feel groggy and lethargic.

I'm forcing myself to stay awake all day and I can do it, but goddamn if this isn't incredibly inconvenient.

edit: I'm around 11 weeks btw.

Ana Lucia Cortez fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 28, 2011

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

So my daughter's due to be born in three weeks. We've picked a name (Vesper) and I'm getting seriously annoyed with people's reactions. My husband and I think it's a cute, unique name but NO ONE likes it, and my mom (who is notorious for guilt-tripping and acting like I'm attacking her as a person if I make a decision she doesn't like) has been trying to convince me that it's a horrible, awful name better suited to a boy and our daughter will be ridiculed mercilessly in school.

Seriously? Vesper? Is it really all that bad?

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

^^ Adorable!

Thanks everyone for reassuring me about Vesper! It first came to mind after glancing over my albums and seeing Bjork's Vespertine. Then I remembered Vesper Lynd from James Bond. I didn't know about the Vesper Holly books until just a few days ago, but that only cements my attraction to the name. We're not sure about middle names but Vesper Belle is a major contender.

I'm wishing now that we hadn't told anyone, but whatever, screw them.