Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

I'm pregnant! I've been lurking the conceiving thread as well as this one for a year now, but I only got off the pill two months ago.

I'm so excited! I guess it's going to be a spring baby then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

So I'm 5 weeks pregnant right now. Can I take something to help alleviate these weird almost-cramp feelings? If nothing is likely to get rid of the feeling then I'd rather not try anything, but I have no idea if I am ok taking ibuprofen or aspirin.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

Ok, thanks! I think I'll just go with it and accept that I'm feeling my baby grow and I should be glad to feel it. My first OB visit is July 11th and I've never met the dr.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

I can't sleep, I'm constantly hungry, my boobs are killing me, I'm crampy, and I have to pee constantly. This is only 5 weeks. Some women don't even know they're pregnant at this point.

I am experiencing the crap out of this pregnancy. :(

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

I remember seeing book recommendations earlier in the thread but I don't know how far back to look.

What are some good books I can get for my husband to help him relate and be prepared for everything?

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

So I told immediate family about the pregnancy but was going to wait until at least my first dr visit to post it on facebook and tell friends.

Somehow it got to a friend who congratulated me on facebook. Maybe people will think she's talking about my previous update about getting a Tempurpedic bed..... But probably not.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

legbeard posted:

Had another ultrasound today. Apparently, I will be having twins.

That's so cool!. At work the other day I saw a lady pregnant with twins and her belly just looked impossibly big. It almost looked fake.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

I live with my father in law and he eats snacks and meals all day and night. He'll eat whatever's in there, even if it has my name on it sometimes. All the stuff he's been eating is the random snacks we bought for me so I can have variety since I'm more picky now that I'm pregnant. Plus I need to eat a thousand times a day.

I rage so hard when I go to eat something that's not there. My husband won't say anything about it because we don't pay rent and sometimes his dad even pays for us to go shopping. :( I've cried too much over food since becoming pregnant.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

My arms have been falling asleep and I'm only at 9 weeks. Will this get worse? I can't seem to find any position that will fix the problem. Between that and having to pee 3 times a night, I end up having to stay in bed for like 10 hours or more just to feel rested.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

VorpalBunny posted:

I had a lot of circulation issues during my pregnancy, and they never really let up. I eventually had to sleep propped up in the corner of the couch to keep my limbs from falling asleep, keep the heartburn in check, reduce my congestion, etc. I missed my bed, but it was the most restful sleep I got during the second half of my pregnancy.

Ooooo I might try something like that. Our bed is against the wall so maybe I'll switch sides with my husband and stack some pillows in the corner.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

I'm supposed to be 10 weeks today going by my last missed period. I had my ultrasound today and they measured the uterus and it's only the size of a 6 week pregnancy. They didn't really have any answers and I have to wait over the weekend to hear from the OB. I guess they're going to do some bloodwork or something to measure how far along I am chemically? I'm not sure.

Is it likely that this pregnancy could have been 4 weeks off, or more likely that it stopped growing? Would my body notice it dying? I'm confused.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

My OB called and had me go give some blood so they can test the HCG levels. They did some tests 2 weeks ago so they should be able to tell if it's increasing or decreasing. Tomorrow morning we will have an answer. Miscarriage or early pregnancy.

I just didn't want to leave you guys hanging.

Awesome Kristin fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 26, 2011

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

I went to the OB this morning. Aside from the horribly uncomfortable pap smear we got the results from my bloodwork. My HCG levels have dropped significantly. It's been a little over 3 weeks since it stopped growing, so if I don't pass it naturally by next week I have an appointment to discuss other methods.

I don't want to be a downer on the thread. I'm not really emotional and I don't feel like I've lost anything since I didn't have an attachment to it yet. I'm just upset about losing out on time. We're eager to have a baby. Oh well, odds are the next one will stick. :)

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

Thanks. I had 24/7 nausea for a few weeks and it was awful. I only threw up 3 times though. I'm hoping it won't happen the second time through.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

Well I was in this thread earlier in the year but ended up with a miscarriage. My husband and I decided to wait after that but ended up getting drunk a couple times and well... I'm pregnant again. We're super excited! Since the last time was my first pregnancy there's a high chance this one will stick.

I'm just kind of guessing on the dates of everything but I think I'm at roughly 5 weeks. It seems like my symptoms are stronger this time. My boobs area hurting earlier than I would have expected and I'm already starving all the time!

Also I just want to say I just cried from an episode of Thundercats.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

So earlier in the year I had a miscarriage. I had gone in for an ultrasound around 10 weeks and it had stopped growing at about 6.5 weeks. Then it took a half a week more for everything to come out rather violently.

Well, now I'm about 6 weeks and I keep switching between being totally positive, and excited that it's going to stick this time, to totally negative and feeling like any second I'm going to start gushing blood.

I keep getting weird pinching feelings when I cough or stand up too quickly and every time I feel something odd I just get back to thinking negative.

Has anyone been through a similar situation? Do I just have to power through this and deal with the ups and downs? It's driving me crazy.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

Right now the only thing I've been able to do is go to a free clinic to get my pregnancy verified so I can apply for Medicaid since my husband just got laid off in November.

thanks for the reassurance. I really needed to hear that everything's probably normal.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

I've been going through some pretty random mood swings as well as a ton of other symptoms. Is there anything I can have my husband read to help him cope with this and understand what I'm going through? Sometimes when I try to explain things to him it kinda doesn't sink in since it's happening right after I got mad at him or when I'm grumpy.

I guess I need some kind of book or website with advice for guys with pregnant wives. He's having trouble picking his battles or even showing much empathy sometimes and it ends in little spats that shouldn't have happened.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

Do you close the door when you're sleeping? If not, closing the door will trap your body heat in there and make a little less drafty. Also if you have a PC in the room (I know not everyone does) leave it on at night and it will help keep the room warm.

Maybe you should explain all the safety features on some heaters to help keep her calm. Lots of heaters even shut off if they get knocked over or too hot.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

Hey, Junius. I had a miscarriage earlier in the year and it's pretty similar to what you're experiencing. At what was supposed to be 9 or 10 weeks I had an ultrasound the the sack measured 6 weeks. After some blood tests it was confirmed that it wasn't alive and to expect a miscarriage. I'd also like to note that about a week before that my symptoms were starting to fade and I didn't "feel" as pregnant as in the beginning.

It took about a week and I just started gushing blood one day after a few days of painful cramps. I spend a few long hours in the ER and didn't have any horrible complications. Everything came out and I didn't need a D&C.

Right now I'm 9 weeks pregnant and it's a little scary, but I know the first time is a pretty common thing so I'm more hopeful this time. Also I'm still feeling a lot of the symptoms. I have my first ultrasound in a few weeks so we'll see what happens.

If you have to go through a miscarriage, I'm really sorry. But you'll pull through and be able to try in no time. Good luck.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

GUYS! I just had my first appointment and got to see our little blobby moving around on the sonogram. I'm 11 weeks now and after my miscarriage earlier in the year I was starting to get anxious. I couldn't believe how amazing it was to see it moving around, and the little limbs and stuff. It brought smiles to our faces. It was great to see my husband get excited too!

I'm glad I can finally announce the good news to everyone.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

You could possibly tell your coworkers that you are on painkillers for something. Or maybe say something about watching your carbs? I dunno. Seems like a tough spot to be in for a short time.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

I'm so tired of freaking out over nothing. I was already pretty emotional before the pregnancy but now it's ridiculous.

Today I had a gender check ultrasound scheduled at a place that gives you a DVD and pictures of everything for super cheap. I've been excited about this for a week and I've told everyone about it happening today. I ended up looking at the time wrong and we showed up late. The chick there said she couldn't fit us in and had to reschedule for Monday. It shouldn't be that big of a deal but I've been bawling for like 10 minutes about this.

My husband's first response to that? "It's not a big deal. Monday isn't even a week away, so calm down. It's not that big of a deal". Instead of just crying more I tried telling him that it doesn't matter if it's actually a big deal or not. It's a HUGE deal to me at this moment.

Sometimes I've flat out told him what he needs to say and how he needs to treat a situation where I'm freaking out over nothing. I just can't get it through his head what being supportive is and I have no idea what to say anymore.

Is this something any of you have had to deal with? I'm wondering if maybe having a friend or my mom talk to him using different ways to say things might help him understand.

To not be super depressing, today he got hired to a great job that will allow us to move out of his dad's house!

Awesome Kristin fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 22, 2012

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

bamzilla posted:

So, is the problem that he's really not understanding or that he's just not saying what you want to hear?

I think it's that he's not saying it right... possibly. I can't get him to comfort me at the same time as explaining why I need to calm down. It doesn't feel like he's trying to understand it, just mechanically fix it by stating the facts.

OMG I'm insane. I'll go ahead and say I'm not going to post another "rant" like that again but it did help me work it all out and stop being so upset.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

Thanks. To be honest I should be happy this happened because a later appointment increases the chances of being able to tell the sex.

We always apologize to each other after we both calm down so it's not like this is ruining our marriage or anything. It's just stressful. I can't wait to not be pregnant.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

Crazy Old Clarice posted:

Today is a huge day in the Clarice household!

Ezra is 7 weeks old today, intentionally smiled at me this morning (not just gas!), AND for the first time he found his thumb and soothed himself to sleep.

We are lying on the couch together, he is sleeping and I am gazing in awe at my tiny little man. Today life is good.

Today is a big day for me too! :)

We found out we're having a boy. I wanted a boy so bad that I was actually worried about the ultrasound. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I actually feel more relaxed now.

Though now I have to deal with my husband trying to convince me we should name him Corbin Dallas or some other name he considers badass.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

I'm having bra trouble also. Right now I'm in a DDD that I got a month ago and it's starting to feel a bit tight. I have absolutely no idea where to go to try some on in my size. I could look online but I'd rather find a plus size maternity store.

edit: oh and I may or may not have felt a kick or two today. It kinda felt like a little bubble popped or something. It's hard to describe but it was kinda cool.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

Is abdominal muscle pain normal? No one ever seemed to mention it so I was surprised when it started. I'm guessing it's from everything stretching to accommodate a bigger belly.

It mostly hurts at night before bed, and it's the worst when I'm waking up. It feels like I did crunches all night in my sleep. Is there anything I can do to stop the pain, or make it less bothersome?

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

SassySally posted:

I'm 12 weeks today. All my stomach muscles feel weird if I move even the slightest bit funny. Luckily no real pain... just it's obvious that things are moving in ways they've never moved before.

That's the round ligament pain that I've read a lot about. The feelings I'm describing are more like sore muscle. You know when you work out or lift weights your muscles are tender afterward and it may be difficult to use them for a day or so? That's what my abdomen feels like when I'm going from laying down to sitting up, and from sitting to standing.

I called the nurse hotline and they didn't have any advice for me so I guess I'm going to try and schedule an earlier appointment with my OB or figure out how to contact her over the phone.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

I have a cat problem too. My neutered male cat decided to mark the new stroller we got. I have no idea what to do about that, and I really hope he doesn't try to mark every new thing we get.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

Cathis posted:

My *actual* question in all this is twofold, I guess.
One: Which trimester was the best? So far the first isn't excellent and the third kind of seems like it might suck a lot.

After all I read about the second trimester being a great time for most women I was seriously disappointed when I realized it is just getting worse for me. It would have been better to not know that lots of women feel amazing at this time in pregnancy. (though I am happy for those women =P)

I'm at 18 weeks (give or take) and my abdominal muscles feel soooo sore it changes how I go about everything. Also I'm experiencing something called pelvic separation pains. It feels like I got kicked between the legs with a steel toed boot.

I do believe I can feel him move every now and then though so it's not all bad! And if it wasn't for my crappy job I'm sure I wouldn't complain so much about my aches and pains.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

That's a pretty cute newborn!

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

Helanna posted:

For myself, I just got told today that I have PGP (Pelvic Girdle Pain) or SPD (Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction) and as usual the information I was given was very limited. I saw a physiotherapist who manipulated my hip joints etc and poked around at my muscles for a while. I didn't get given crutches or pain killers or anything - bit annoyed that today was a "good" day, because I don't think she really understood just how cripppling a "bad" day has been lately. On Tuesday I could barely walk at all without terrible pain, and even laying in bed I couldn't find a position that didn't hurt, which reduced me to tears pretty quickly because I was exhausted and paracetemol does nothing for me.

Anyway the message was to avoid doing stuff on 1 leg (as if I could at the moment!!), avoid lifting heavy stuff (duh), have warm baths and be careful on stairs. Thankfully tomorrow is my last day at work so I can at least sit at home and be a bit less mobile, but it's somewhat frustrating that the physio didn't make me feel any better at all. Next appointment in 5 weeks, when I'm 36 weeks.

Anyone else had this / can offer some advice?

Holy crap I thought I was alone! I'm at 20 weeks and have been experiencing this for two weeks so far. It's to the point where I can't even go to work in the morning anymore and since I have to stand the whole time I'm working I may have to quit completely. I haven't seen my dr since it started though so I don't have any advice.

I have trouble standing up, getting out of bed, lifting my left leg and walking. It's usually the most painful in the morning and slowly gets better through the day, though it never goes away completely. I had my husband check and it's causing swelling in the area also. If you figure out how to make it better I'd love to know. Being 20 weeks means I have 20 more weeks of this and I don't know if I can do it. Every day is worse than the last! It pisses me off that I may have to quit work with 4 months to go, right when we need money the most.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

Maybe you could put a pile of pillows below you with a space near your lower abdomen.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

Thanks for writing that up, netally. It's comforting to know that it is something that a lot of women go through and it's not the end of the world. But at the same time it makes me sad that this might be my last week or two at work at only 20 weeks.

Good news though! I can feel the baby moving and kicking all day every day now. My husband is getting jealous so I can't wait for him to feel it as well.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

I got my 20 week ultrasound today and everything looks good! I'm glad nothing stuck out as unusual so I don't have to do any special tests.

New due date is August 23rd. I'm not looking forward to being pregnant in this Vegas heat.

I know I'm kind of biased but my husband and I think he's already adorable.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

Alterian posted:

I had some cramps at 4 weeks, right before I found out I was pregnant. They weren't very strong and they felt completely different than my normal PMS/menstrual cramps.

I've always described those feelings as "almost cramps." It's like the feeling leading up to what would be normal cramps but it never gets quite to that point.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

I have a question for those of you who already have kids. This is purely for amusement and I know this isn't scientific at all.

Did the amount of movement in the womb correlate to how active the baby/kid was growing up? My mom told me my hyper brother was hyper in the womb as well.

I'm sure it's probably random but it would be fun to hear what people have experienced.

At 21 weeks now this baby will not stop kicking me all day. It was getting annoying but when he took a day off I totally missed it.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

Oh, well that's unfortunate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

Cathis posted:

This hip pain is excruciating. Does anyone have *any* tips at all on how to deal with this? I'm almost at the point of tears. It's kind of a combination of my actual leg/hip socket and my sacroiliac joint (which is the worst part of it). Tylenol is doing poo poo. The doctor gave me some stretches and exercises to do, but they don't seem to be helping (and in some cases are excruciating).

For my pain I try to keep my legs together when I'm getting into and out of bed, the car, or a chair. It's like a side-saddle motion. Sit down then swing your legs over. I also just have to shuffle everywhere when I'm walking. Other than quitting my job (it required standing and walking all day), which I know a lot of people can't do, that's about it. I just suffer hoping this child will be the cutest thing in the world. When i see the doctor again I'm going to see if they can get my insurance to cover a support belt.

Now that it's summer here in Vegas I'm going to see if swimming helps.