Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lingling
Jun 13, 2008

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, yeah~
When they're newborn, their nails are so delicate and flimsy and small, that the nail cutters weren't able to properly cut any meaningful amount of nail off. Biting them off worked better for the first few weeks. We also used mittens a lot. In the end, he till scratched his face a whole bunch V :) V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lingling
Jun 13, 2008

fishandcandy posted:

Biting your kid's nails (like licking their spoons/pacifiers) may not be a good idea because it can transfer bacteria that cause cavities from your mouth to their mouth.

That's a very good point, and I'm an idiot for not considering that at the time (for serious). Listen to fishandcandy.

Lingling
Jun 13, 2008

Gumby Orgy posted:

Waaaah

Holy poo poo how are you going to look after a baby if you cry more than it?

Lingling
Jun 13, 2008

Even if you do have to resort to manual pumping, I exclusively pumped with a manual pump for 6 months. I manage to produce about 48 ounces a day. Go on, beat me, I dare you.

Lingling
Jun 13, 2008

Sometimes I would get cramps from pumping manually so long. But I would look into my sons eyes and grit and bear it. He had the most sensitive little stomach.