Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
My wife came back from a blood test with very low iron count (anemia) and other than daily iron pills is there particular foods with higher content? Red meats? Etc? She was around 13% of what her body was supposed to have, what are the negative side effects?

Also, stroller and baby seats. Is there a particular reason baby car seats can't be bought from the states and used in canada? Atleast I haven't found a store online that has been willing to ship it over the border.

Wifes due beginning of september, we're just getting everything sorted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009

Good_Vs_Evil posted:

I'm mostly interested in U.S. men because I know European and Canadian systems offer you something like time off until your child hits puberty at half pay or something, but not so much in the U.S.

I do have a co-worker that did take the three months off. He had a lot of side businesses he started billing through his wife and took maternity himself. I can't say for certain if men only get 3 months in Canada as well, but it sounds similar to what the states has. Puberty? Ha, that would be awesome.

As for the pregnancy the waiting is killing us. I had my sister who lives out in Alberta with my family come stay with my wife for a week or two while waiting on the baby to watch over her while I was at work. Boy was that a mistake! I would have thought a college student would understand that a pregnant women wouldn't have the energy to get up and go during the days.

Anyways, we're a couple days short on the due date, we'd love to go early, but why should we be so lucky? He is due on the 4th and we can't wait to see him.