Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hello, I am very new to the pregnancy game but my wife is around week 15-16 of our first child. The evening sickness (she only got sick at nights, not mornings) is dying down, but in the past week she's gotten a nosebleed in the middle of the night for several days in a row. Reading online that appears to be common enough that I'm not that worried about it, but we don't really know how to combat this. She's going back to the doctor in a couple days for something unrelated and we'll ask then. But does anyone here have any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Thanks everyone for the ideas, I'll try and look into getting a humidifier.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Well we just booked our C-section date, 2 weeks from now. We need to spend 24 hours in isolation after a covid test, and then we go. About a week in the hospital aftrr to recover, then 2 weeks in a post partum clinic. And we still don't have a name yet... gently caress it is hard to think about that.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GoutPatrol posted:

Well we just booked our C-section date, 2 weeks from now. We need to spend 24 hours in isolation after a covid test, and then we go. About a week in the hospital aftrr to recover, then 2 weeks in a post partum clinic. And we still don't have a name yet... gently caress it is hard to think about that.

well baby wanted out a week early, plans change and all. Everything okay, I'm sitting in the post-op waiting room with half a dozen other new dads, and we're all on our phones.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Yes, when driving to the hospital. Once the C-section began it was done in 30 minutes.

The road to recovery begins. The first time my wife tried walking she got a post partum chill and started faltering, I was able to get her to bed and cover her in blankets. Took about a half hour to subside and it was very scary.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Emily Spinach posted:

Before our current house, we lived in a fourth floor walkup that my husband had bought from a couple that had twins. Just saying that is enough to see why they were selling, beyond the need for more space, but I feel sorry for them having had to deal with those stairs at all with two babies.

I currently live in a fourth floor walk up and every week need to schlep several pieces of baby equipment between there and the grandparents every week. it is good exercise which is good because I don't get alot of that anymore.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Nessa posted:

No need to cram. But I do recommend finding an app to track sleep, feeds and diapers. We use Huckleberry. It can be immensely helpful to know exactly when baby last ate, when they last slept and how many diapers they’ve had. Especially when you’re in a sleep deprived state and are trying to parent with your partner. We can both set sleep timers and log diapers so the other parent knows what’s up by checking the app.

It also helped me answer questions about baby to the paediatrician because the app will let you see how much your kid is eating, sleeping and peeing/pooping per day. I don’t know if I’d remember otherwise.

Yeah Baby Day book was recommended in the Parenting thread and it (through our kid) ran our life for the first three months. Your brain will be fried, we really needed it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I'm sure they cost a bajillion dollars in the US but going to a post-partum center for 2 weeks after 4 days in the hospital was great for my wife and gave us time to prepare for the entire going home process. It would have been nicer before the covid protocols (no family was allowed in, most mommy extracurriculars. we're cancelled) but they helped teach my wife how to feed, how to pump, how to swaddle, how to give the baby a bath, everything. Although by the end of two weeks we had only had the baby in the room twice - instead they have a camera set up in the nursery for you to watch them on tv. Absolutely worth it to pay for peace of mind.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Baby was twice in the room, everything was stricter because of covid protocols. We did have viewing into the baby pen three times a day.

The original idea comes from "sitting the month" in Chinese culture which has kinda turned into a big industry.

https://www.npr.org/2011/07/20/138536998/for-chinese-moms-birth-means-30-days-in-pajamas

All together for the birth and two weeks instead of the full month it was 4,000 USD?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Doll House Ghost posted:

How does that work with breastfeeding?

Yeah, I guess I forgot about that although it only happened 4-5 times. we would get a call from the nursing station to try and my wife would go down to try, (which... well she never did it when we got home and were bottles for everything) I only went once because the nurses didn't want me there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mr. Freebus posted:

2 under 2 is WILD when you're torn to your butthole

hmm, new thread title?