Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

L0cke17 posted:

Never pick a weird middle name. It sucks and is terrible for the kid. It always gets out and kids are vicious about it.

I got lumbered with Merddin, which apparently is something celtic to do with merlin.
Merddin the Viking was one of the not terrible nicknames but there were plenty of poo poo nicknames.
My girls got double middle names as per tradition on my wife's side of the family but we spent many many hours going through middle names to try and give them the best chance at not being torn apart by other kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

I think the most underrated thing my wife had for both our girls was nipple guards, she has implants so her nipples don't gravitate to a more downward angle when full of milk which made for some interesting feeding positions to get the babies to latch. This resulted in her getting very sore early on after both births getting back into the swing of breast feeding, nipple guards made life a little less painful.
Downsides is it's another set of stuff to have to worry about sterilising everyday.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I can't look at my first born daughters left ear the same after taking a peek while my wife was giving birth.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Cutting the cord ruined bacon for me forever.
Its like snipping bacon rind

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I looked, and can't look at my first born daughters left ear the same.

Our second we had at home on the sofa, I felt much better not looking and staying by my wife's head and supporting her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Ladies, we love you just the way you are postpartum. We understand you may feel hella uncomfortable with the extra weight, lumps, bumps, stretchmarks and loose bits, but please know that we (the majority of men anyway) completely understand the stress and trauma your bodies go through to produce the tiniest of humans. You should never feel you need to be 'a hotty' for your other half.
I adore my wife's stretchmarks and I really don't care about the extra weight, she is the most beautiful person on the planet. If anything I'm more attracted to her postpartum body than when she was 21 slim and 8stone.
Without the sacrifices to her body we wouldn't have our children and I'm eternally thankful that she went through it.
Please please please only go through the extra pain and chaos of getting back to your pre baby body for your own reasons. Never do it for us. ❤️