Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rufflebutt
Jun 9, 2016

Fallen Rib
Would anyone have any recommendations for online birth/breastfeeding/infant care classes?

I had set us up for the general class at our local hospital, but after the first class they canceled the rest of the series due to everything going on right now. As a first time mom due in June I just want to make sure I am as prepared as possible since I doubt things will be back to normal soon enough for me to get into another local class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rufflebutt
Jun 9, 2016

Fallen Rib

femcastra posted:

I watched the spinning babies pre-natal class video which was pretty good for pre-birth stuff. I also have a huge pdf booklet of info my birth centre gave me. If you want, I can send it to you or make it available for download.

Thank you, I will check that video out. Fortunately in our first class they handed out a booklet, so it sounds like I have something similar already.

Rufflebutt
Jun 9, 2016

Fallen Rib
Sheri I just sent you a friend request as well.

At 38 weeks and 4 days, so ready and so very much not ready at the same time, lol.

Rufflebutt
Jun 9, 2016

Fallen Rib
Our little man arrived last week on June 9th. I was induced the day prior, and suffered a 3rd degree perineal tear. Supposedly I'm too good at pushing for my own good.

I keep screwing over my recovery because I'm sick of laying down in bed, but other than that I have a healthy kido that makes me light up when he smiles or looks at us, even during the 4 am feeds.

Rufflebutt
Jun 9, 2016

Fallen Rib

Tom Smykowski posted:

Past few days, my almost 2 week old has been freaking the gently caress out in the evenings colic style. And even then when he does those involuntary smiles I'm like :3

Edit: gently caress colic tho

We've been dealing with a similar situation the past 2 nights, he will be 2 weeks on Tuesday. I'm thinking it's more cluster feeding, but I'm also a clueless first time parent.